• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 is proof Halo Infinite should skip the Xbox One

i mean i agree, especially if they expect to support it for a long time
but on the other hand I'm not sure they can redo the game in 1 year
or they can put a fine print saying that it's available on old consoles through xcloud only 🤔

Last edited:

Desudzer10

As probably the biggest franchise on the Xbox, I'd put it solely on the Series S/X as well. By the time it comes out the new systems should be readily available anyways. Cross gen games hold games back and it sucks. Yes, it's smart to have a game on previous consoles for the amount of players on it, but after last gen launch and this gen launch I'm leaning more towards F*** the old consoles, it only hinders the games.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Ultra. And that's not the highest setting.
76651_06_cyberpunk-2077-at-4k-on-1499-geforce-rtx-3090-just-22fps-average_full.png

4K with ray tracing, ultra settings, 15fps does not surprise me with current cards, looking at how advanced this game is.

Optimization is a weird term, because it implies there is some round of coding that can make the game run and look better almost by magic, but performance is usually a function of what it is doing. Ultimately the best way to optimize is to make the game do less and look worse, which obviously is not acceptable a lot of the time.

Last edited:

Radical_3d

4K with ray tracing, ultra settings, 15fps does not surprise me with current cards, looking at how advanced this game is.

Optimization is a weird term, because it implies there is some round of coding that can make the game run and look better almost by magic, but performance is usually a function of what it is doing. Ultimately the best way to optimize is to make the game do less and look worse, which obviously is not acceptable a lot of the time.
Agree to disagree.

ClosBSAS

indeed....ms needs to stop fucking around with their bs and drop their shitty xbox one and release only next gen

I may very well be misinformed but I thought the whole reason for the time they built a new engine was so they could release the game across multiple gens. So I don’t see them throwing in the towel.

They should just say it is an Xbox One game and is enhanced for Series and PC (even tho it is releasing after next gen consoles release).

NickFire

Question for those who don't think its too late to drop Xbox One:

How long of a delay would you think would be sufficient to revamp the game to take full advantage of S/X?

I have no idea, but it seems to me a year would not possibly cut it. Does anyone have an educated opinion on how long that would realistically take?

Hydroxy

No. Infinite should release on last gen consoles. Those suggesting One X as minimum will set a bad precedent as that would imply Microsoft may sacrifice the Series S too whenever they want.

EDMIX

Cyperpunk 2077 is proof that you can't rush to release a game.

I agree with that in general, but they had more then enough time to make this game and they knew about the hardware for over 7 years. It would be like saying Watchdogs Legions was rushed or took 7 years or something like that. The 3rd Watchdogs game this gen runs better and looks better then their 1 Cyberpunk title. If you seriously put Watchdogs in first person, you fucking game a better looking game that WORKS!

This isn't proof that Halo should skip XONE, this is proof that CDPR fucked up. I feel if lash gen was really fucking up games, Watchdogs and AC Valhalla and Call Of Duty etc should be fucking unplayable right now.

Think about it, do they need 7 MORE years to make Far Cry in the future? 7 MORE years to do Deus Ex with cars? The game already lacks the features of a GTA or Fallout or Elder Scrolls, so the excuse of it doing this hard, crazing, revolutionary thing are simply tossed out the window by the admission of many of the game's fans. Another game took 8 years and released this gen with a team that only had 1 title released this gen, Red Dead Redemption 2. By this logic, Red Dead Redemption 2 shouldn't even exist on PS4 and XONE, yet it has the interactive features that this game doesn't, can go into 3rd person and first person and looks massively better and massively larger.

Enough with the excuses. The idea that this game was rushed might be true, but true like a slow kid that needs more time to cook eggs. That is a fast process for any seasoned chef, but if someone is asking for more time, its because THEY NEED IT, not because they are doing some new complex revolutionary thing. I'm at the point where I trust Rockstar, Bethesda, Ubisoft etc to actually do a proper future open world title. Not enough is going on in this game for me to honesty argue its doing something that can't be done on current gen, it simply can't be done by CDPR.

Valhalla should be using voodoo to fucking run on last gen systems using this logic lol

brian0057 brian0057 Agreed. Rockstar had 8 years with Red Dead 2's development and they didn't release this type of shit.

Last edited:
CDPR are giving Bethesda a run for money. Games look pretty good on base consoles.

Games that are in development for over 5 years and basically are developed for base consoles wouldn't skip them.

ethomaz

Banned
I agree with that in general, but they had more then enough time to make this game and they knew about the hardware for over 7 years. It would be like saying Watchdogs Legions was rushed or took 7 years or something like that. The 3rd Watchdogs game this gen runs better and looks better then their 1 Cyberpunk title. If you seriously put Watchdogs in first person, you fucking game a better looking game that WORKS!

This isn't proof that Halo should skip XONE, this is proof that CDPR fucked up. I feel if lash gen was really fucking up games, Watchdogs and AC Valhalla and Call Of Duty etc should be fucking unplayable right now.

Think about it, do they need 7 MORE years to make Far Cry in the future? 7 MORE years to do Deus Ex with cars? The game already lacks the features of a GTA or Fallout or Elder Scrolls, so the excuse of it doing this hard, crazing, revolutionary thing are simply tossed out the window by the admission of many of the game's fans. Another game took 8 years and released this gen with a team that only had 1 title released this gen, Red Dead Redemption 2. By this logic, Red Dead Redemption 2 shouldn't even exist on PS4 and XONE, yet it has the interactive features that this game doesn't, can go into 3rd person and first person and looks massively better and massively larger.

Enough with the excuses. The idea that this game was rushed might be true, but true like a slow kid that needs more time to cook eggs. That is a fast process for any seasoned chef, but if someone is asking for more time, its because THEY NEED IT, not because they are doing some new complex revolutionary thing. I'm at the point where I trust Rockstar, Bethesda, Ubisoft etc to actually do a proper future open world title. Not enough is going on in this game for me to honesty argue its doing something that can't be done on current gen, it simply can't be done by CDPR.

Valhalla should be using voodoo to fucking run on last gen systems using this logic lol

brian0057 brian0057 Agreed. Rockstar had 8 years with Red Dead 2's development and they didn't release this type of shit.
The time to make a game is really something interesting to be discussed.
What other game has the scale of Cyperpunk? Like you said probably the Rockstar games.

How many years they are working on GTA VI? Well probably since GTA V... but they will make sure they ship a game even if with some performance issues with at least critical bugs not present... and of course they will sell for 10 years over 100 millions copies.

Cyberpunk is rushed to match the investidos call... the delay should be bigger but they couldn't let it slip 2020... so they released what they could and choose to fix in the follow months.

So this game could need 10 instead of 7 years.
Rockstar knows that maybe CDPR knows learn that.... money is a issue so you don't have all that time to make a game unless you are really solid that will delivery a mega seller like GTA.
I understand the pressure CDPR had but that is not excuse to delivery a halt cooked game.

I see the same situation in Halo Infinite case... i343 needed more time but MS needed a launch AAA game for Series X.
You saw what happened and the biggest mistake MS make (they should never show the game in that stage because it was clear a game not made to launch in 2020).

It is a issue that is happening more and more in the gaming industry and they need to find a solution for that.
We consumers can't be affected by these issues.

And in another point you look at the famous "Journalists" more focused in the trans debate than in proper review the game with fair scores due the issues... Cyberpunk 2077 should never receive any 10... perhaps any 9 in the state it is today.

Last edited:
Halo infinite will not be super dense and as taxing as Cyberpunk. It will be semi open experience where you will mostly experience an empty world with small pockets of enemies and structures. For example ROTR.

Chances are Xbox one version will be decent and very much playable and plus its first party and on Game pass dayone.

Posted this in the other thread:

IMO Halo Infinite will only be on XBO/XBX via xCloud. It will be their first massive implementation of xCloud and considering they are rolling it out across mobile etc the infrastructure is already there.

It will run native/offline on the new consoles but only streaming on the old ones. If you care about supporting MP content cross gen you are assuming that everyone who cares about that is online as its the only way they will play MP. If they are online to play MP, they can stream the game. Your only concern is around SP only XBO players which I don't think MS is worried about as infinite is meant to be a long tail game.

I believe MS will be debuting a new dash for XBO which includes an xCloud section. This will allow you to play old and new games via streaming. The XBO will be converted to a streaming box for next gen games. MS doesn't cut off their old base (people can pay for GP or buy the games to stream) while at the same time having flexibility going forward. There is no reason to do it via mobile and not the console.

I'm going to put the chances this is the case at 90%

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I think Halo Infinite will be series S/X and PC only. They are waiting to announce, plus no console shortage come next Fall. If they want this game to succeed it needs to be unshackled from the Xbox One.

THIS! It'll be announced next year and everyone will be better off for it.

I agree but this is MS so I would be surprised if that happened.

They will release it on the Xbox one for the same reason Cyberpunk did ... money

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
I don't think you can cancel the ONE S version without canceling the ONE X version too.
Are there any Xbox One X exclusive games? I can’t think of any off the top of my head so I agree with that. It’s both of them or none of them.

Sethbacca

Buh buh, scaling is just a slider!!!!!! I'm so happy this talking point is dead and we can laugh at everybody that actually thought this nonsense........

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Totally stupid to compare Cyberpunk on Xbox One to Halo. First party games like Gears and Forza have all run really well on base hardware, comparing that to a third party game is pointless.

Regis

Pretty dumb comparison.

Halo Infinite targets 4K/60 on XSEX, you can totally scale that to run at 1080p/30 on base XOne. Also 343i is 1st party and they got a whole year to optimize a game that already looked decent.

The keypoint is if the game targets 60 fps or 30fps on base XOne, Klobrille told me a while ago that was the case, the campaign is targeting 30 fps on base XOne (like FH4 and Gears 5) i don't know why 343 hasn't clarified that, i guess is to avoid bad PR with XOne users.

Last edited:

Hugare

I trust Microsoft engineers way more than I trust those at CDPR

CDPR can make amazing looking games, but they were always a mess. The Witcher 3 at launch was also bad unoptimized, while they were developing it for only 3 platforms.

This time they had EIGHT at the same time. So I dont doubt that their "optimization" was to put it at 720p, cut some texture quality and they are good to go.

See how RDR 2 or Gears 5 work on the Xbox One. If they are developing the game with the hardware's limitations in mind, and with good optimization, it will be totaly doable.

Last edited:

BabyYoda

Banned
They should just make the X1 versions 30fps, it's not right to hold back such a huge franchise in supporting 60fps on a shocking cpu that was super weak when it first released 7 years ago. I suspect most people that own those older consoles would be fine with that, perhaps the mp could still be 60fps though, some kind of compromise is necessary either way.

Ein Bear

Isn't Xcloud based on One S hardware? I can't see them dropping the Xbox One, as that would also then cut them out of having a streaming version of the game.

Top Bottom