• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 commercial featuring Keanu

Hawk269

It was a really great commercial...was watching the game when Keanu popped up on the screen. Well done and makes me want the game even more now.

The Fartist

Gold Member
It bothers me so much that they mix in CG with cutscenes, I know who the target audience is for this ad, but still. I actually think this game is less cool with Keanu, and I like Keanu.

LQX

It bothers me so much that they mix in CG with cutscenes, I know who the target audience is for this ad, but still. I actually think this game is less cool with Keanu, and I like Keanu.
If the target audience for this ad is the masses, then Keanu is for the forum fanboys that went nuts when it came out at E3. His voice work and presence in this ad was not compelling at all.

mortal

Gold Member
That was...alright I guess. Kind of generic celebrity cameo marketing ad when you have access to an actor named Keanu Reeves. A bit lacking given how interesting the ARG marketing has been for Cyberpunk 2077.

Would've been made for more inspired marketing to see Keanu starting in live action role as Johnny Silverhand. Considering he's lending his likeness to the CDPR's adaptation of the character in addition to a vocal performance.

Hey guys looks it’s Keanu!

you can clap now!
More or less. the vibe I got from it lol. Wish they tried out something a bit more involved.

Last edited:

timmyp53

Nice commercial. Looks like drama queen Schreier didn't manage to get this one delayed. 😂
I don't care that much about the politics behind the videogame industry and crunch but Schreier aside, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed. Seems kind of weird to me that they promised no crunch and then mandate crunch.

Its not out the realm of possibility.

carlosrox

Banned
The internet has really run Keanu Reeves into the ground.

The internet ruins everything it touches with its dumbass memes and fad culture.

GymWolf

I'm probably the only one who doesn't give 2 fucks about having this guy in the game...

He is not really a super expressive actor (quite the opposite) and his voice is not really memorable at all, but hey, it's breathtaking 🕺 🕺

I'm probably the only one who doesn't give 2 fucks about having this guy in the game...

He is not really a super expressive actor (quite the opposite) and his voice is not really memorable at all, but hey, it's breathtaking 🕺 🕺

to be fair he is associated with the cyberpunk genre in the movies so it's not entirely coincidental that he is in this game

Hestar69

Saw it. Didn't care, because I was still recovering from Bam and Goran getting knocked out of Game1, while Jimmy came up lame on his ankle. Disappointing opening salvo from the Heat, but we'll regroup.
I cry ;"(. I know we are long shots but these injures man..It's like Kobe in heaven making sure Leflop gets his 4th ring.

OT: Can't wait for this game and to romance Keanu!

R6Rider

Gold Member
I remember Siege had a commercial with similar slogan of "Siege the Day" back when it launched.

This commercial was pretty good.

ZywyPL

Banned
Amazing trailer, short but so well made, they even somehow made that stupid Billie Elish song sound actually cool. What makes you a criminal? Getting caught, fucking brilliant!

Top Bottom