• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creative Assembly (Alien Isolation, Total War) announce layoffs

Draugoth

Gold Member

F7HfjoKXIAAqYPY

Ozzie666

Sega did warn us the other day, it's unfortunate and the developer deserves better, they deserve a better parent company. Viking battle for Asgard on X360 was a guilty pleasure.
The company has been around a lot longer then I thought and it's bigger than I thought.

Last edited:

Klosshufvud

They haven't made a good TW since FOTS and Hyenas showed their true colors. They wanted an exit card into an early retirement.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Talented studio. I personally hated alien game with all my souls as it was a hide and seek game stretched to 20 hours…. But it was still quality.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Honestly I can't blame SEGA for this, they where currently working in HYENA's which from the trailer was just a rehash of Lawbreakers, even had the whole "gravity changes" gimic.

And it just looked soulless and fucking awful. I get it, everyone wants their own fortnite. But the era of shitting out a GaaS shooter has passed, the next big thing will be something different. You can't capitalise that by just chasing a now half decade old trend.

Last edited:

Arachnid

Sad to hear. They should have made it big with AI. One of the best horror games of all time and I'll be replaying it just like Silent Hill 2 for the forseeable future.

Elog

I do not understand CA at all. The product that is making the most money for them - TW WH series - is seeing less investment even though good DLCs sell incredible well for them (the last DLC was shameful). They would furthermore make an incredible amount of money from a new iteration of TW Medieval with a more or less complete Europe+ map. The same goes for a proper bronze age game but then they do a weird variant thereof with Pharaoh.

Strategically there are some very strange decisions in terms of resource allocation. Feels like too many suits with powerpoint presentations calling the shots.

Top Bottom