• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot 4: Its About Time.

$=Hours
tenor.gif

jaysius

Banned
I don't feel this as a $80(CND) game, I'll pick it up when it's closer to $50 or $45. Sure they've put work into it, and it does look fun, but I can't trust them with platforming after that Crash remake fuck up... maybe Crash was never a great series, just something that people were excited for at the time because there wasn't much else around.

I'd do $80 if it had the remaster collection combined with it.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
LAte to the thread. Forgot this is a few days away. I am seeing that the One X is running at a solid 60. I am assuming this is the One X enhancements? Or is there a bump is resolution too?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
"it's OK when Mario does it lmao"

YES! because I love M...nah j/k no way in hell. All switch games in my country are still full price and its still to this day the reason why I won't get one. I'll probably wait for a steam release and get it from a third party or steam sale. Crash games were never that good to begin with.

II_JumPeR_I

Im preloading on the ps4 now and it’s 45GB. That’s a big difference, maybe the Xbox will have day one patch or something.
Or PS4 is just needs twice the space for download and install.
There is no patch so far.

Btw if you are on Xbox, switch your Region to New Zealand and enjoy the game abit early :)

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Brief interview here that claims the levels are way bigger than the original games, with semi-open areas, but the key thing I took away was this:

So when we looked at the original trilogy, many of us looked at Crash 2 [as] a really great example of hitting the right balance

Which is great news to me; Crash 2 is the best one, because it added the movement tech you wanted (like the skid jump), without overdoing the gimmick levels; something like 40% of the levels in 3 are gimmick levels. Really great to hear that they feel the same. Really looking forward to this one.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just got my fucking copy

let’sfucking GOOI

If you want a good laugh check out the Polygon review, it reads like a self-parody with the obligatory Dark Souls comparisons and whining about how hard/outdated it is.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
86 on Metacritic currently. Glad to see that even most journalists appreciated the difficulty, except for those guys who couldn't even aim properly in Doom.

Roufianos

£60 UK!!

Even more expensive than the usual £55 for new games?

Milking it.

Seems pretty insane, you'd think this would be cheaper than most AAA releases if anything. £50 is the cheapest I've found it at retail.

Also no review thread for this or Star Wars? You lazy cunts.

Seems pretty insane, you'd think this would be cheaper than most AAA releases if anything. £50 is the cheapest I've found it at retail.

Also no review thread for this or Star Wars? You lazy cunts.

Pretty N. Sane one could say...

Fuck it I bought it, nothing else to play. Preloaded to ready to go, better be good. Seems there is a review embargo.

Top Bottom