• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cotton Fantasy - Official Announcement Trailer

MrA

Banned
I always get confused when people say games are worse than ever, yet cotton games actually got rereleased and we're getting a sequel
seriously if aaa gaming is stale, smaller studios are working hard to fill as many niches as possible

Manji Uzuki

After playing Cotton reboot last year definitely interested on this! From some reviews seems it has a crazy amount of content

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I don't know how this is an announcement trailer when it has been announced for months, but okay.

I hate the graphics in this one, but the level design looks really strong and the impressions I have heard from the import are great, so I am probably in. I got Cotton Reboot and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Ladioss

I can't understand when they try to bring back those old franchises with a new visual style as bland as what the worst broke mobile game has to offer.

Give me the cute & colorful flair of original Cotton and we will talk.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I know its gameplay over graphics and all that, but what is with all these terrible projects blatantly made in Unity?

*sigh* I mean I'm sure it will be fun enough, but it just looses so much charm.

Knightime_X

I know its gameplay over graphics and all that, but what is with all these terrible projects blatantly made in Unity?

Its the art style you probably don't like, not the engine

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

Unity is hard to optimize but can make beautiful looking games. This just isn't one of them. Ugly art, flat shaded models, it's just very bland looking.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Can’t stand the look of all these new games. Look like flash games. Cotton was amazing on the Saturn, now looks like something I would play on a browser in the 90s

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Its the art style you probably don't like, not the engine

you should see my post in the thread about what sony reports my most played PlayStation games I have played this year, trust me its not the art style, its just how bad the 3D looks.

Last edited:

cireza

I'm still confused as to why people find these games ugly.
Is the image below really better than the one below the image below?

cotton-fantastic-night-dreams-fase-1-jogoveio.png

1642429713_389_900x.jpg
The image above is definitely better. Same thing happened with Monster World 4. New game is not too ugly, but it is a far cry from the original.

Top Bottom