• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Costco Deal: Japanese Wagyu Ribeye A-5 Grade - Great Price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
http://www.costco.com/.product.100082950.html?&EMID=B2C_2013_1214_DailyDealDay11

This is the real deal: exceedingly rare Wagyu beef from Japan. More specifically, it is the Kuroge breed of Wagyu and is A-5 grade; literally the top grade of Japanese beef available in the world. There is a limited supply of this extremely rare beef secured exclusively for Costco members!

It is legendary stuff: beef marbled beyond belief, intensely satisfying and graded A-5, the highest possible ranking in the strict Japanese scoring system. There is nothing that can touch this beef for flavor and tenderness.

The Kuroge breed cattle are humanely-raised on grass when young and then finished in the traditional Japanese fashion: with incremental amounts of grain that build on the breed’s natural propensity to exquisite and abundant marbling. A stress-free environment and massage for muscle stimulation are all part of the pampering that the cattle receive.

Strict protocols from birth to export ensure beef of unsurpassed quality. The unique Japanese BMS scoring system judges beef on several criteria, and guarantees that the highest standards are met with each piece of beef.

This is beef like you’ve never had it. Only the finest restaurants ever get Wagyu beef of this quality. A luxurious and memorable experience will be yours with this ribeye that weighs a minimum of 11 lbs and ships fresh.

Online Price $1,499.99
Your Price $1,199.99

Only $109.99 per pound!

Shipping and Handling included!

This steak must have the ancient Japanese art of folding steak 1000 times on itself.

People are going to buy this and put it in the freezer aren't they? :S

That's not a terrible price for A5. I eat it once in a while and it's definitely amazing but it's also very rich. There's more fat than there is meat and I can't imagine eating 11 pounds if it...

Zoc

Had that stuff a few times and I actually like regular meat better. I'm a diehard lover of rare beef, but wagyu is actually wasted unless it is well-done, because cooked rare the excessive fat gives it a rubbery texture. It has to be cooked through to soften the fat, but then the actual meat is cooked brown all the way through.

Brofist

yesss!

1001029_054400000047_A_400.jpg

akira28

wagyu is actually wasted unless it is well-done, because cooked rare the excessive fat gives it a rubbery texture. It has to be cooked through to soften the fat, but then the actual meat is cooked brown all the way through.
Master Beef confirmed.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna go buy a 4k tv, a gross of bic lighters and a thousand dollar steak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom