• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Chile 2015 |OT| Olé, Olé, Olé, Chee-lay

Status
Not open for further replies.

NolbertoS

You're lucky only a few people care about soccer in this forum. Baseless bs like this usually doesn't end well.

Hey, don't shoot rhe messenger. Go celebrate with Chile-GAF. The other forum I heard it from is a heated soccer forum that didn't end well. The guy who posted claimed he worked for CONMEBOL in the past and left the organization a year ago. BS or not, Chile had too much favouritism in this tournament. Never have I seen a Copa America where the local side rarely gets a yellow card. If Paraguay had made the final instead of Argentina, I'm betting Paraguay gets a red card or two and Chile win easily. Argentina lost because of Martino's tactics. In a shootout, its more luck than skill that wins out.

H Chile had too much favouritism in this tournament. Never have I seen a Copa America where the local side rarely gets a yellow card.

Check this for statistics. http://www.t13.cl/noticia/deportes13/copa-america/estadisticas-copa-america-2015

Chile had the most yellow cards of the finals, with 4. The third team with most yellow with 13, like Bolivia. Only Paraguay and Argentina have more, in the whole Cup.

In any case, Chile is among the highest in terms of possesion, and had the most goals, and recovers of the entire cup !

Kodaman

Hey, don't shoot rhe messenger. Go celebrate with Chile-GAF. The other forum I heard it from is a heated soccer forum that didn't end well. The guy who posted claimed he worked for CONMEBOL in the past and left the organization a year ago. BS or not, Chile had too much favouritism in this tournament. Never have I seen a Copa America where the local side rarely gets a yellow card. If Paraguay had made the final instead of Argentina, I'm betting Paraguay gets a red card or two and Chile win easily.

So much for "the messenger"...

salt.gif

Hey, don't shoot rhe messenger. Go celebrate with Chile-GAF. The other forum I heard it from is a heated soccer forum that didn't end well. The guy who posted claimed he worked for CONMEBOL in the past and left the organization a year ago. BS or not, Chile had too much favouritism in this tournament. Never have I seen a Copa America where the local side rarely gets a yellow card. If Paraguay had made the final instead of Argentina, I'm betting Paraguay gets a red card or two and Chile win easily. Argentina lost because of Martino's tactics. In a shootout, its more luck than skill that wins out.

900x900px-LL-58cf3418_salt_intensifies.gif

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm actually happy for Alexis, I really liked him at Barça. It's poetic he won a huge trophy against Martilol the year after both depart the club. Happy for Bravo of course. I really like Vidal's game and he's alright so good on him as well. There's a bunch of players and fans though that are just ugh.

Group B of 2014 world cup really was The Group of Death.

Spain, Chile and Australia are the current European, South American and Asian champions respectively.

Based on this, I would be putting money on Netherlands to win Euro next year.

Group B of 2014 world cup really was The Group of Death.

Spain, Chile and Australia are the current European, South American and Asian champions respectively.

Based on this, I would be putting money on Netherlands to win Euro next year.

The Netherlands is looking pretty weak, no way they're going to win it next year. France and Germany are the favourites, but i feel like many nations can win it next year.

norinrad

Messi will never supplant the legend of Maradona....

Well the two of them are different, one a legend and the other well he's no Maradona. Diego in his prime carried the team, Messi depends on the team. He's completely neutralized if the team doesn't show up.

Happy for Gary though, what a guy what a beast.

Quote a source.

olaznoG

Por cierto, estaba viendo repeticiones e imágenes del partido (¡Chile campeón!) y la que se perdió Higuaín al final es increible. En la transmisión televisiva no se notó tanto, pero en la imágenes queda claro el nivel de la pifia.

x9OP4HQ.jpg

NolbertoS

Alright Chile-GAF, so far found this on a Peruvian sports website that CONMEBOL's ex employee had foretold that Chile would win.

http://m.libero.pe/chile-2015/2015-...usa-polemica-por-adelantar-chile-como-campeon

For the record, somebody posted the same thing on a thread, on Univisions forums last week that his "friend" who was a Conmebol ex-employee had foretold this and other yhings about the Copa America and CONMEBOL. Funny how this is all coming out now. True or Not, the Copa 2015 is already tainted.

Trancos

Alright Chile-GAF, so far found this on a Peruvian sports website that CONMEBOL's ex employee had foretold that Chile would win.

http://m.libero.pe/chile-2015/2015-...usa-polemica-por-adelantar-chile-como-campeon
LoL you are really trying too hard. Your "source" is based on a random Facebook post that says that Di Maria and Higuain were paid to miss their penalties. LoL Do you actually believe that? Seriously? Salt (or total lack of common sense) is strong in you.

Ps: just a hint. Banega (not Di Maria) was the one to miss the other penalty. So I guess he was paid too. And the 3 of them could not even go back to Argentina ever again, they would be hung from
the obelisk. Lol

NolbertoS

LoL you are really trying too hard. Your "source" is based on a random Facebook post that says that Di Maria and Higuain were paid to miss their penalties. LoL Do you actually believe that? Seriously? Salt (or total lack of common sense) is strong in you.

Ps: just a hint. Banega (not Di Maria) was the one to miss the other penalty. So I guess he was paid too. And the 3 of them could not even go back to Argentina ever again, they would be hung from
the obelisk. Lol

He's not a random user though, worked for CONMEBOL, if this was some dude that juat posted this, would be seen as random, but kinda coincidental that he named Higuain as one of rhe penaltt takers to miss, I mean thata like a one in a million chance that Higuain would miss a penalry, when he rarely misses. Salt or not, Its makinf the rounds in the world for good or bad.

Trancos

OMG. Ok.
Lol at Higuain never misses. You don't watch much football it appears. Higuain lack of accuracy in big tournaments finals (World Cup final, that play at the last minute of this copa America final) is a Football meme.

Sure hope Higuain, Di Maria and Banega are all right since this is 'world wide' news.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
He's not a random user though, worked for CONMEBOL, if this was some dude that juat posted this, would be seen as random, but kinda coincidental that he named Higuain as one of rhe penaltt takers to miss, I mean thata like a one in a million chance that Higuain would miss a penalry, when he rarely misses. Salt or not, Its makinf the rounds in the world for good or bad.
Oprahreceipts.gif
Seeing the photo, it seems easy, but seeing the flow of the play, that shot was nearly impossible.

Sorry for the non spanishgaf but its 9am in the morning and im wake up since 5am(with like 3 hours of sleep) and my mind cant write too much in english atm.

Me da risa escuchar a estos argentinos resentidos, no son todos asi he conocido argentinos muy humildes y buena gente, le dan y dan con lo del arbitro comprado y ni les cobraron todas esas chanchadas que le dieron a valdivia, los 2 goles anulados contra Mexico, Chile y Argentina jugaron de igual a igual. Los 2 equipos tenian una carga de partidos igual y se noto el desgaste en semis por parte de Chile con ese dificil triunfo ante Peru y en cuartos el desgaste de Argentina contra Colombia.

Los 2 mejores equipos llegaron a la final, nos entregaron un partido apretadisimo, con una posesion de balon del 50-50, donde por 120 minutos nos comimos las uñas y gritamos y celebramos por primera vez un campeonato en Chile, yo no soy fanatico del futbol pero cuando juega la seleccion me pongo la camiseta y sufro.

Ya paso, Argentina ya levantara alguna copa para que dejen de molestar a Messi y ojala Chile levante nuevamente una copa pero esta vez fuera de casa para que no salgan con lo de que tenemos comprado el torneo.

Alegria ArgentinaGaf ya vendra su momento.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
They say that we are traitors for the Malvinas thing, and about the president im actually not a fan and i always talk against her.
Argentinans call Chileans traitors because we supported the British with the Falkland islands. It's ridiculous, we have been near at war with Argentina countless times; we had to give them half of our country so they didn't ally themselves with Peru and Bolivia in the Pacifico war.

They also tried to ally themselves with the USA, in a near war between Chile and USA (yep, something about drunk USA soldiers being killed in a bar in Chile in some stupid fight); they offered USA soldiers to pass freely through Argentina in exchange for Chilean territory.

And we were on the brink of war 3 years before the Falklands war, so it's ridiculous that Chile had supported Argentina at the time.

But as always, Chileans are traitors, cheaters, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom