• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control Ultimate Edition - PS5 and Xbox Series X Launch Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Critically acclaimed Control is better than ever on Xbox Series X with Control Ultimate Edition.

Blending open-ended environments with the immersive world-building from developer Remedy Entertainment. Are you ready to discover the secrets of the bureau? Available now.

Thanks mods for the title change
tom and jerry yes GIF

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
on Gamepass, can't go wrong.

...Wait...is the Ultimate Edition on Gamepass?

Last edited:

K' Dash

Lol, no it's not. That's just the last gen version. You have to buy it and saves also don't transfer. It's a complete new version.

As much as I love the game, I won't be playing it a third time :( I wouldn't have bought it if I knew this was going to happen.

Bramble

How much have they changed compared to the original version on PC?

Not much I guess. You can play with RT at 30fps or without at 60fps. The loading is extremely improved and the PS5 version supports haptic feedback and the adaptive triggers (which feel both awesome in this game), and also activity cards, so you can jump into any mission straight from the PS menu.

Fredrik

Not much I guess. You can play with RT at 30fps or without at 60fps. The loading is extremely improved and the PS5 version supports haptic feedback and the adaptive triggers (which feel both awesome in this game), and also activity cards, so you can jump into any mission straight from the PS menu.
Seems like I could just play the original release on Geforce Now tbh. Reached the Hotline area last night, looks and plays great there.

Fredrik

Yeah well even more if you are on Xbox and both DLSs on OG version and now you have to watch and suffer.
Yeah. Don’t go staring at this with 400% zoom or whatever but this is Geforce Now with wifi filmed with a phone on the TV. Highest setting on everything including raytracing. Some drops at hectic segments and minor stutters as seen here but otherwise what seems like locked 60fps. Milliseconds of latency, I can honestly barely even notice it when using a controller. This is the cheapest entry point there is so I’m kinda disappointed that my new $500 XSX can’t make me laugh at this. DF should do a comparison...

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Top Bottom