• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming back, I think that 2013 Xbox E3 show was better.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's not a good metric to compare generations output considering most AAA titles had half the releases this gen than the last. ND had 4 games on the PS3 and only 2 main ones this year (not counting the side-content). R* had LA NOIRE, Max Payne 3, RDR & 2 GTA games in one gen. Now they barely got by with one current gen release. Rocksteady, same thing.

Even Ubisoft had to disrupt it's mainline AC series to move to Origins. Phil Spencer had an incredible mountain to climb on, knees capped and barely any surviving tools to keep up with SONY and I'd dare say he puts up and incredible fight this gen. Don was simply riding on the coatails of 360's success and the PS3'S disastrous release.
Just coming here to tell you, you have cool nick. Also agree with the post.

jigglet

Banned
Titanfall wasn't at the main event was it? I thought it was after. My memory is hazy but I can't believe I would have walked away so down if TF was at that event.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I read, that this rumors are false, it was somewhere in xbox thread...

Well, it does play with what Lionhead was told when they were working on Fable still. Beside some empty PR words here and there I am not seeing anything practical that goes against the notion that most Xbox first party games are moving to GaaS models... driven also by GamePass.

Greeno

Titanfall wasn't at the main event was it? I thought it was after. My memory is hazy but I can't believe I would have walked away so down if TF was at that event.
Microsoft's 2013 event was crazy good. The policies just rightfully blinded everybody (basically, every person choose to ignore the E3 event even happened). If Microsoft did not have those DRM policies in 2013 and Kinect wasn't bundled with the console (Thus, lowering pricing significantly), that E3 showcase would have cemented many purchases as it was announced that Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, and Killer Instinct were launching with the console.

Last edited:
Top Bottom