• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Better two year launch line up, Xbox One or Xbox Series?

Better lineup after two years

• Xbox One

Votes: 75 74.3%
  • Xbox Series S and X

Votes: 26 25.7%

• Total voters
True. And it's a good thing Sony delayed God of War, Gran Turismo and Horizon to this year, instead of the original 2021 releases. 2022 would look BAAAD for them. They probably should have moved one of them to 2023 alongside Spider-Man 2.

By that logic that means the original 2022 line up would have still released all the same and it would make 2021 probably the biggest year ever in gaming history for them

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Xbox One didnt have GP at launch

denzel washington GIF

Jormatar

For me those are some pretty horrible lineups. I don't care about Microsoft's flagship titles like Forza and Halo. But there is one gem on the list, Ori, so I guess Xbox One had better start to the generation when it comes to exclusives.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Killer Instinct alone was better than the first Series year

and for the Sony boys, first year of One was better than the first year of PS5

That only confirms that this gen started just because

Horizon 5 is way better than the two Xbone Forza games imho.

Halo Infinite is way better than 5, the worst Halo imho.

Hivebusters looks incredible on the SX but it’s just DLC.

Pentiment and Psychonauts are great but compared to Ori, Sunset, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and KI? Xbone wins.

Horizon 5 is way better than the two Xbone Forza games imho.

Halo Infinite is way better than 5, the worst Halo imho.

Hivebusters looks incredible on the SX but it’s just DLC.

Pentiment and Psychonauts are great but compared to Ori, Sunset, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and KI? Xbone wins.
I tried Killer Instinct and Ori but there is something about them that does not vibe with me, so I haven't picked them back up. I tried Sunset Overdrive, but hated it the moment the game made me jump/grind powerlines while shooting hordes. I also really enjoyed Dead Rising 3 and all of its DLC, but Forza Horizon 5 and Psychonauts 2 are just more engagingly fun even if they are all endlessly replayable.

The Series has my preferred lineup. Also, wierd that no one mentioned Kinect. It being mandatory for Xbox One was what really sabotaged any interest in it.

Robb

Gold Member
None of these are good imo. That said, XBO is much better. Not only more games, but also only one cross-gen title.

Roberts

Xbox Series for me mostly because Psychonauts 2 and Grounded are some of my favourite games ever. FH5 is better than FH2, HI is better than H5. I loved Ori, DR3, Titanfall, tho.

Top Bottom