• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Book Day! - 05/18/11. The Gold Standard; Class Reunion; Ladies' Power Glove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cbd_05182011.jpg

cbd_header02-1.png

Here is this week's Diamond Comics Shipping List for: Wednesday, May 18th 2011:

cbd_header03.png

Shipping This Week: DC Comics / Vertigo Comics

Spotlight On:
MAR110281 BOOSTER GOLD #44 (FLASHPOINT) $2.99

cnbb0.jpg

Dan Jurgens returns to BOOSTER GOLD just in time for this FLASHPOINT prelude. Booster Gold returns to Rip Hunter's lab after the events of TIME MASTERS and finds that this world isn't the same one he left behind. Story by Dan Jurgens, art by Jurgens and Norm Rapmund.

k6lob.jpg

cyGbm.jpg

Cf6yk.jpg

MAR110299 BATMAN #710 $2.99
MAR110300 BATMAN AND ROBIN #23 $2.99
MAR110292 BATMAN GATES OF GOTHAM #1 (OF 5) $2.99
MAR110285 DC UNIVERSE ONLINE LEGENDS #8 $2.99
MAR110386 DMZ #65 (MR) $2.99
MAR110382 FABLES #105 (MR) $2.99
MAR110286 JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #57 $2.99
MAR110318 LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #13 $2.99
MAR110327 POWER GIRL #24 $2.99
MAR110322 SPIRIT #14 $2.99
MAR110313 SUPERGIRL #64 $2.99
MAR110314 SUPERMAN BATMAN #84 $2.99
MAR110331 TEEN TITANS #95 $2.99
MAR110329 THUNDER AGENTS #7 $2.99
MAR110334 ZATANNA #13 $2.99

cbd_header04.png

Shipping This Week: Marvel Comics

Spotlight On:
MAR110718 X-MEN GIANT-SIZE #1 $4.99

JmQjB.jpg

“FROM FIRST TO LAST”

Think you know everything there is to know about the original X-Men? Think again! Something happened to Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel, Iceman and Professor X years ago, a secret so horrible that it has been locked away in the dark corner of Cyclops' mind until today. What crisis strikes in the present that calls upon memories of the past? Witness the astonishing debut of the Evolutionaries! Taking the lead for a few issues is famed X-Men writer CHRIS YOST (X-FORCE) and with all this danger, he’s lucky to have regular X-MEN artist PACO MEDINA and DALIBOR TALAJIC (PUNISHER) along for the ride.

6ZKhj.jpg

6emQf.jpg

YuHau.jpg

N0QA5.jpg

MAR110629 ALPHA FLIGHT #0 POINT ONE $2.99
MAR110664 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #661 $3.99
MAR110721 ASTONISHING X-MEN #38 $3.99
MAR110620 AVENGERS #13 FEAR $3.99
MAR110648 AVENGERS ACADEMY #14 $2.99
MAR110693 HAWKEYE: BLIND SPOT #4 (OF 4) $2.99
MAR110627 HERC #3 FEAR $2.99
MAR110692 HEROES FOR HIRE #7 $2.99
MAR110671 HULK #33 $2.99
MAR110618 INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #504 FEAR $3.99
MAR110712 NAMOR FIRST MUTANT ANNUAL #1 $3.99
MAR110633 SIGIL #3 (OF 4) $2.99
MAR110709 SILVER SURFER #4 (OF 5) $2.99
MAR110676 SKAAR KING OF SAVAGE LAND #3 (OF 5) $2.99
MAR110710 THUNDERBOLTS #157 $2.99
MAR110639 ULTIMATE AVENGERS VS NEW ULTIMATES #4 (OF 6) DOSM $3.99 - second printings of #1-3 also available.
MAR110641 ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #158 DOSM $3.99
MAR110731 UNCANNY X-FORCE #10 $3.99
MAR110737 X-23 #10 $2.99
MAR110743 X-FACTOR #219 $2.99

cbd_header05.png

Shipping This Week: Image Comics / Top Cow Productions

Spotlight On:
OCT100521 WITCHBLADE #144 $4.99

ns5Pk.jpg

Witchblade 15th Anniversary Issue!

In 1995, Marc Silvestri, Michael Turner, David Wohl, and Brian Haberlin created a new kind of comic heroine with the origin of Sara Pezzini, the latest in a long line of bearers of the mystical gauntlet known as the Witchblade. In an over-sized 15th Anniversary issue, Ron Marz and Stjepan Sejic tell Sara’s origin from a new perspective, planting seeds that soon will bear deadly fruit!

Featuring two spellbinding covers including a wraparound retrospective by series artist Sejic and an iconic painting by fantasy illustrator Jean-Sebastien Rossbach (Magic: The Gathering). Also including special anniversary features, pin ups, and much more! Plus ask your retailer about a FREE matching digital download of this issue with purchase. Story by Ron Marz and Filip Sablik, art by Stjepan Sejic and John Tyler Christopher.

ZUeok.jpg

MAR110519 DRUMS #1 (OF 4) $2.99
MAR110522 LAST MORTAL #1 (OF 4) $3.99
MAR110588 LIL DEPRESSED BOY #4 $2.99
DEC100444 SCIENCE DOG SPECIAL #2 $3.50
MAR110518 SUPER DINOSAUR ORIGIN SPECIAL #1 $2.99 - a second printing of the first issue is also available.

cbd_header06.png

Shipping This Week: Dark Horse Comics

Spotlight On:
MAR110013 STAR WARS JEDI DARK SIDE #1 $2.99

asg6f.jpg

The story of Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn’s Padawan, before Obi-Wan Kenobi! Twenty-one years before the events in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn is dispatched to prevent the outbreak of a civil war on the homeworld of his Padawan Xanatos--whose father is king. It is a mission that will lead Qui-Gon into close contact with the dark side and start him on a quest that will have a major impact on the future of the Jedi Order! Story by Scott Allie, art by Mahmud Asrar.

cbd_header07-1.png

Shipping This Week: IDW Publishing

Spotlight On:
MAR110416 ROCKETEER ADVENTURES #1 (OF 4) $3.99 - a "Penny Press" reprint of the classic series is also available for one dollar.

G6IwY.jpg

The Rocketeer Flies Again!

Dave Stevens unveiled the Rocketeer nearly 30 years ago to instant acclaim, and in all the years since that auspicious debut, respect for Dave’s talent and his greatest creation have only continued to grow.

Last year, IDW had the honor of releasing the complete Rocketeer saga in several editions, showcasing the work of this great artist as it was always meant to be seen—completely remastered, with nearly every page scanned directly from the originals and recolored by Dave’s hand-picked colorist.

Today we are able to celebrate Dave’s talent once again, with an all-new Rocketeer anthology miniseries written and drawn by some of the finest creators in comics, and with the full cooperation of the Stevens family.

The first star-studded issue of The Rocketeer features a gorgeous cover by Alex Ross, and terrific stories by John Cassaday, Mike Allred, Kurt Busiek, and Michael Kaluta, plus outstanding pin-ups by Mike Mignola and Jim Silke—all paying tribute to the continued legacy of Rocketeer and Dave Stevens!

NPTEA.jpg

MAR110478 DOCTOR WHO FAIRYTALE LIFE #2 (OF 4) $3.99
MAR110428 GI JOE A REAL AMERICAN HERO #166 $3.99
MAR110424 SNAKE EYES ONGOING (IDW) #1 $3.99
MAR110432 TRANSFORMERS ONGOING #19 $3.99
MAR110464 ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS UNDERCITY #2 (OF 4) $3.99

cbd_header08-1.png

Shipping This Week: Antarctic Press / Aspen Comics / Avatar Press / Boom! Studios / Dynamite Entertainment / Fantagraphics / Oni Press / Radical Publishing / UDON Entertainment / Zenescope

Spotlight On:
MAR111004 LADY DEATH (ONGOING) #5 $3.99

FNF9S.jpg

The astounding all-new Lady Death on-going series continues as she continues her return to power! With her supernatural previous powers stripped from her by the villainous Death Queen, Lady Death continues her quest across the Earth to recover the shattered fragments of her soul, but it has been a journey fraught with death and devastation.

Possessing immense dark power, each fragment warps those near it into murderous, blood-thirsty emissaries of evil. Now, in the heart of darkest Africa, the greatest horror Lady Death has yet faced in recovering her lost heritage writhes in the jungle, waiting to eat its former host alive! But as Lady Death battles to regain her former power, the one who banished her to Earth is embarking on her own quest for power, as construction begins on a towering device of pure destruction that will bring the entire Under Realm to its knees, bowing before the might of Death Queen! Story by Brian Pulido and Mike Wolfer, art by Marcelo Mueller.

1s1JN.jpg

dY3kD.jpg

MAR110955 28 DAYS LATER #23 $3.99
MAR111215 COURTNEY CRUMRIN TALES #2 LEAGUE ORDINARY GENTLEMEN $5.99
MAR111062 GREEN HORNET AFTERMATH #2 $3.99
FEB111071 KODT BLACK HANDS 2011 ONE SHOT $3.99
MAR110981 MALIGNANT MAN #2 (OF 4) $3.99
FEB110977 RED SONJA REVENGE O/T GODS #3 (OF 5) $3.99
MAR110984 STAN LEE SOLDIER ZERO #8 $3.99
JAN111014 STYX & STONE #4 (MR) $3.99
FEB111150 TANK GIRL BAD WIND RISING #4 (OF 4) $3.99
MAR111021 VAMPIRELLA SCARLET LEGION #1 $3.99

cbd_header09.png

Shipping This Week: Dark Horse / Bandai / Del Rey / Digital Manga Publishing / Tokyopop / Viz / Yen Press

Spotlight On:
FEB111211 ILL GIVE IT MY ALL TOMORROW TP VOL 03 $12.99

PSKLb.jpg

Shizuo's in trouble. At least, his father is convinced he is. In his ongoing campaign to convince his layabout, forty-something progeny to finally get his act together, Shizuo's father suggests a new approach: maybe Shizuo should just treat manga as a hobby and do something else--anything else--so as to look like less of a reject to both his family and society at large.

Can Shizuo's burning desire to create manga triumph over his seemingly bottomless capacity for self-doubt and existential angst? Then again, maybe if Shizuo just comes up with a catchy pen name, everything will be golden and he'll quickly find himself on the merry road to publication. Right? Story and art by Shunju Aono.

OdFDP.jpg

JAN110133 GANTZ TP VOL 17 (MR) $12.99
FEB111202 BIOMEGA GN VOL 06 (OF 6) (MR) $12.99
FEB111204 JORMUNGAND GN VOL 07 (MR) $12.99
FEB111212 KUROZAKURO GN VOL 04 $9.99
JAN111376 MARCH STORY TP VOL 02 (MR) $12.99

cbd_header10-1.png

Shipping This Week: Archie Comics / DC Kids / Marvel Kids / Bongo Comics / Boom! Studios / Kids' Comics / Electric Milk

Spotlight On:
JAN111058 DISNEY TREASURY DONALD DUCK TP VOL 01 $14.99

MyYeM.jpg

Jumpin' jacksnipes! Don Rosa's first Donald Duck tales are back in print! First up, Dynamic Don serves up his 'Return to Plain Awful' with Donald in search of square eggs with Uncle Scrooge and Flintheart Glomgold in tow!

Next, our dashing duck fights it out with über-lucky Gladstone in 'Oolated Luck' and 'Give Unto Others.' Experience jerky Neighbor Jones in 'Recalled Wreck,' and his own super-smart nephews in 'Mythological Menagerie' and 'Making the Grade!' All this plus other timeless tales including 'Fit to be Pied,' 'Rocket Reverie,' 'Forget me Not,' 'Star-Struck Duck,' 'Metaphorically Spanking,' 'The Crocodile Collector' and the rare Christmas classic 'Fir-Tree Fracas.' Including a cover gallery and ducky behind-the-scenes details never before told. Story and art by Don Rosa.

hvOBT.jpg

YHh9W.jpg

MAR110367 TINY TITANS #40 $2.99
MAR110368 YOUNG JUSTICE #4 $2.99
MAR110788 SUPER HERO SQUAD SQUAD FOR ALL SEASONS GN TP $14.99
MAR110867 ARCHIE & FRIENDS #155 $2.99
MAR110994 DARKWING DUCK #12 $3.99
MAR110870 JUGHEAD #207 $2.99
MAR111000 MICKEY MOUSE #308 $3.99
MAR110878 SONIC UNIVERSE #28 $2.99
APR110902 PEANUTS HAPPINESS IS A WARM BLANKET CHARLIE BROWN HC $19.99
APR111088 TINTIN YOUNG READERS ED GN RED RACKHAMS TREASURE $8.99

cbd_header11.png

Spotlight On:
JAN110328 FLASH OMNIBUS BY GEOFF JOHNS HC VOL 01 $75.00

7Fm9C.jpg

The first in a series of hardcover volumes that collect all of the best-selling issues of THE FLASH written by comics superstar Geoff Johns, beginning with issues #164-176, plus THE FLASH: OUR WORLDS AT WAR #1, THE FLASH: IRON HEIGHTS and THE FLASH SECRET FILES #3!

In this volume, Wally West finds himself without his super speed in a darker, mirror version of Keystone City. Can a powerless Flash defeat Captain Cold and Mirror Master to save the city he loves? Plus, The Flash is shocked to learn that a strange cult is killing all the people he has ever rescued. Featuring art by fan-favorites Ethan Van Sciver, Scott Kolins and more!

x2qd6.jpg

jKkcu.jpg

FEB110194 BATGIRL THE FLOOD TP $14.99
FEB110213 DONG XOAI VIETNAM TP $19.99
MAR110790 CHAOS WAR INCREDIBLE HULKS TP $19.99
MAR110761 THOR WORLD EATERS PREM HC $24.99
MAR110801 ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN TP VOL 02 CHAMELEONS $19.99
FEB110425 ZERO JM KEN NIIMURA ILLUSTRATION TP (MR) $12.99
DEC100075 ADV OF DR MCNINJA TP VOL 01 NIGHT POWERS $19.99
MAR111222 IF N OOF GN $29.95
MAR111105 PAYING FOR IT HC $24.95
MAR110986 STAN LEE SOLDIER ZERO TP VOL 01 ONE SMALL STEP FOR MAN $9.99 - at that introductory price anyone curious can definitely afford a look.

cbd_header12-1.png

Spotlight On:
APR112150 THOR: TALES OF ASGARD BLU-RAY+DVD COMBO $PI

sUtjt.jpg

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2AAPVt8TlE
Before he ever lifted his mighty hammer…

Fantastic journeys beckon from the mysterious nine realms. Places of dark mists and fiery voids. Of winged creatures and giants in the ice. And of the most alluring quest of all – the search for the legendary Lost Sword of Surtur. Hungry for adventure, Thor secretly embarks on the journey of a lifetime, joined by his loyal brother Loki, whose budding sorcery equips him with just enough magic to conjure up trouble, along with the Warriors Three – a band of boastful travelers reluctant to set sail on any adventure that might actually be dangerous. But what starts out as a harmless treasure hunt quickly turns deadly, and Thor must now prove himself worthy of the destiny he covets by saving Asgard itself. Available May 17, 2011.

1K2F4.jpg

AUG100282 DC UNIVERSE ONLINE STATUE WONDER WOMAN $85.00
MAY100312 WOMEN OF THE DCU SERIES 3 STAR SAPPHIRE BUST $60.00
FEB110407 WALKING DEAD T/S RICK LG $24.99
JAN110157 HELLBOY W/ SKELETON WOMENS T/S XL $24.99
NOV100059 JOURNAL DOMO ROCKS $9.99

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continued...

cbd_header01.png

Online Retailers of Comic Books & Graphic Novels:

Online Subscription Services for Monthly Comics:

Get Comics Books on Your iPod, iPad & iPhone:

Comic Shop Locator:

cbd_header13.png

Comic Book Resources: DC Comics Solicitations for August 2011 *NEW*
Newsarama: DC Comics Solicitations for August 2011 *NEW*

Comic Book Resources: Marvel Comics Solicitations for August 2011 *NEW*
Newsarama: Marvel Comics Solicitations for August 2011 *NEW*

Comic Book Resources: Image Comics Solicitations for August 2011 *NEW*
Newsarama: Image Comics Solicitations for August 2011 *NEW*

Comic Book Resources: Dark Horse Comics Solicitations for August 2011
Newsarama: Dark Horse Comics Solicitations for August 2011

Newsarama: Dynamite Entertainment Solicitations for July 2011

Comic Book Resources: IDW Publishing Solicitations for June 2011
Newsarama: IDW Publishing Solicitations for June 2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want previews? Then here ya go, courtesy of Comic Book Resources and Newsarama . Enjoy! :D

Wow, this week's so big I had to split the OP into two posts! :O

A huge week for Marvel, a big week for DC, a great week for everybody to get out there and spend spend SPEND. I'm personally looking at: Booster Gold (curious about the Flashpoint crossover), Batman & Robin (the Red Hood and Guillem March), Power Girl (Bruce and Karen!), Supergirl (spoiler:
son of Dubbilex
), Teen Titans (the cover is a lie, btw... kinda), Zatanna (magic fortune-telling cats), X-Men Giant Size (old meets new!), Amazing Spidey (Petey's teaching again!), Herc (this is how you do "Greek hero in modern times", DC), Namor Annual (don't sleep on it, lots of fun), Thunderbolts (Satana and Troll!), Uncanny X-Force (Warren's fall continues), X-23 (Laura/Jubilee catfight!), X-Factor (do NOT piss of M), Rocketeer Adventures (jet-packin' adventure!), Tiny Titans (aw yeah Croc!), and probably Thor: Tales of Asgard (though watching the trailer makes me feel like I've already seen it). Phew!

Also, solicitations of new comics for August 2011 are coming out, and you can find the links above in the OP as they get released. Say hello to my new wallpaper, GAF.

PGL_Cv27.jpg

Wowza. :D

Happy reading! :D

UC Spidey, UC U.vs A, Sigil, and Zatanna this week which makes it a big week for me. So much DC stuff looks interesting but I don't want to get into the floppies.

How is Batman/Superman? I assume it is out of continuity so is it just good fun?

I thought the Alpha Flight previews were depressingly corny. Greg Pak is so c-list. I don't even know whether to bother with another issue of Silver Surfer. Might just be Avengers & Thunderbolts for me.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
am i alone in thinking that the ultimate universe needs another reboot? with the death of spider man and the fantastic four crap, it seems writers are using the dartboard method to come with ideas for the brand

Zekes said:
I guess this is a good time to ask where to start with Power Girl?
Stolen from my own "Power Girl Season Finale" thread of last year:

Justice Society, vol. 1 - Power Girl's first appearance in All Star Comics #58 and more, courtesy of Gerry Conway, Ric Estrada, Keith Giffen, and Wally Wood!
JSA, Book 4: Fair Play - see how Power Girl joins the modern day Justice Society of America!
JSA Classified: Power Girl Amanda Conner joins Geoff Johns in setting Power Girl's origin straight!
Infinite Crisis - reunited with Earth-2 Superman and Lois Lane, Power Girl plays a part in the multiverse's restoration!
Justice Society of America: The Next Age - a new day dawns for the JSA as Power Girl takes over as chairwoman!
Terra - Power Girl guest stars as new heroine Terra sets out on her first big adventure!
Power Girl: A New Beginning - the first volume from the new ongoing series!

Since that posting, another trade ("Aliens & Apes") has come out and a third ("Bomb Squad") will hit shelves in June. The former finishes up the stellar Palmiotti/Gray/Conner era, and the second starts the Winick/Basri era which unfortunately is tied closely to Justice League: Generation Lost. The series is just starting to get back to its "normal" fun direction though.

Parallax said:
am i alone in thinking that the ultimate universe needs another reboot? with the death of spider man and the fantastic four crap, it seems writers are using the dartboard method to come with ideas for the brand
Speaking of...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32366

Prepare for Ultimate Comics Universe Reborn, signaling the biggest changes to ever hit the Ultimate Comics Universe! With all new titles and all new creative teams, fans new and old can’t miss out on this great entry point into the Ultimate Comics Universe. This August, following the traumatic events of Death of Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics Universe Reborn kicks off in August with Ultimate Comics Ultimates #1 & Ultimate Comics Hawkeye #1, and Ultimate Comics X-Men #1 & Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 in September – each featuring covers by superstar artist Kaare Andrews!

Parallax said:

It's basically getting one already. With the post death of spiderman, they are bringing in Hickman and Spencer as main creators and starting up new X-men and Ultimates series as well as the plans for spiderman following Death. It isn't gonna be a start over type thing (which I'm glad because retelling origins is getting tired) but with fresh minds and plans hopefully it will be a much better overhaul than the botched attempt Ultimatum was.

Edit: Man Spike is Johnny on the spot with the ammo today.

Parallax

hmm. i see ultimates, spider man and xmen. no fantastic reboot? ugh why?

I'll be honest and admit I have no idea what was happening in Ultimate Mystery/Enemy/Doom but whatever it did involving Reed Richards is probably why there is no FF retool in the works at the moment.

So um....LEGION WEEK!!!

And Alpha Flight done right, plus the epically epic Uncanny X-Force!

Damn, I want that Johns' Flash collection...

bangai-o

Banned
Zekes! said:
I guess this is a good time to ask where to start with Power Girl?
every time someone asks where to start reading a title, i want to say just grab the current issue. Go to the comic shop add subscription.

fuuuuuuuuuck. you reminded me I needed to start Power Girl. instead I bought manga >:[

(it was Yotsuba 3&4 and Deadman Wonderland 4, so it's not a total lost)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
These are on my list:
* Batgirl: The Flood
* Disney Treasury: Donald Duck: Vol 1
* The Flash: Omnibus Vol 1

Dead

well not really...yet
Rocketeer and nothing else!

The DC and Marvel cover sets are hilarious. It all looks so dull and samey lol. Brown and Yellow!

Velinos

Decent week for me:

BOOSTER GOLD #44
BATMAN #710
BATMAN GATES OF GOTHAM #1
DC UNIVERSE ONLINE LEGENDS #8
POWER GIRL #24
SIGIL #3
STAR WARS JEDI DARK SIDE #1
SUPER DINOSAUR ORIGIN SPECIAL #1 (Assuming it is not the same as the FCBD one. Anyone know if this is the case?)

Also I am going to see if my LCS has the Batman: The Return one-shot since I read that it is effectively Batman Inc. #0.

I read somewhere on the CBR forums that the Booster Gold Flashpoint tie-in is pretty much necessary reading for the event, but I haven't found anything to confirm this yet.

Anyone have any info on this, or does anyone who read this weeks issue have any thoughts?

Stupid question (because I honestly don't know): have comics gotten to the point yet where most new issues are available electronically? I realize only select back catalogs probably will be, but, for instance, what percentage of the stuff in the OP will have e-versions day 1?

TheAtomicPile said:
I read somewhere on the CBR forums that the Booster Gold Flashpoint tie-in is pretty much necessary reading for the event, but I haven't found anything to confirm this yet.

Anyone have any info on this, or does anyone who read this weeks issue have any thoughts?

I can't see that it's necessary. A quick origin of Booster plus a mistaken identity.

sparky2112 said:
Stupid question (because I honestly don't know): have comics gotten to the point yet where most new issues are available electronically? I realize only select back catalogs probably will be, but, for instance, what percentage of the stuff in the OP will have e-versions day 1?

I would say only a select few have same day digital release, i guess they don't wanna piss off the comic book shops and more specifically Diamond. I can think of only two books off the top of my head (Batman Beyond and Savage Dragon) that are same day digital.

Someone more knowledgeable should prob answer this

Parallax said:

The ultimate universe used to be so good before Jeph Loeb fucked it all up. I actually like Loeb as a writer (his batman stuff is great) but he just did a really horrible job with the ultimate stuff and I don't understand why Marvel felt he would be a good fit there.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The Ultimate Universe seemed alright at the beginning. Bought a Ultimate Galactus Volume years ago, and the Reed Richards was of normal age, but as I understand it now, is practically a teenager (and a crazy one at that?)

So, that universe has been rebooted a few times???

Pimpbaa said:
Mine now too. I wish Power Girl had a good artist AND a good writer at the moment.

They need to bring Justin Gray, Jimmy Palmiotti, and Amanda Conner back. They did an amazing job of handling Power Girl.

My weekly haul, pardon the crappy camera phone pic:

UxWmQ.jpg

Booster Gold was sold out, and I passed on Thor: Tales of Asgard because as mentioned I feel like I watched it already from the trailer.

What should I read first GAF?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Lonestar said:
The Ultimate Universe seemed alright at the beginning. Bought a Ultimate Galactus Volume years ago, and the Reed Richards was of normal age, but as I understand it now, is practically a teenager (and a crazy one at that?)

Reed was always 19/20 but some artists drew him older.

Never been rebooted. Everything that's happened still happened.

Parallax

Lonestar said:

reboot? no loebs dumbass flooded new york and killed a chunk of characters in grossly inhumane ways, but no reboot.

Foob

Spike Spiegel said:
My weekly haul, pardon the crappy camera phone pic:

http://i.imgur.com/UxWmQ.jpg[img]

Booster Gold was sold out, and I passed on Thor: Tales of Asgard because as mentioned I feel like I watched it already from the trailer.

What should I read first GAF?[/QUOTE]

rocketeeeeeer

notworksafe

Hmm...I guess on Friday I'll be grabbing X-Force, Sigil (<3), and my man Booster Gold.

Flashpoint already looking very fun! How can anything involving Booster (even just a little) be anything but?

Finished reading Rocketeer Adventures before bed last night... Cassaday's story was my least favorite, it looked real nice but was extremely predictable and that took any suspense out of it. Allred's story has a lot of potential but looking at the creative team for issue #2, I have to ask "is that it?" Busiek's story was probably my favorite of the bunch, it was great seeing Betty's life while Cliff was away for the war, and the Rocketeer action in those photos needs to be made into stories NOW.

What do I read next, GAF? (Yes, I'm actually doing this.)

These threads are always so short, any chance of condensing ComicGaf into a single thread rather than weekly threads?

Also, I haven't gotten to Booster yet. Does it stick with plot points from the rest of the series or has Flashpoint officially hijacked it? I would be really sad to see one of my favorite books get turned into a meaningless tie-in.

KidDork

I was going to pass on the Gates of Gotham, but after watching the CBR interview with Snyder and Higgins, they sold me on trying the first issue. Other than that, my usual doses of X-FACTOR, X-FORCE, THUNDERBOLTS, SIGIL and maybe POWER GIRL.

Even though the Canadian part of me is happy to see ALPHA FLIGHT back, the preview didn't inspire me to part loonies for it.

Digital comics readers have something exclusive to look forward to...

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/0...m-city-digital-first-chapter-available-today/

The first of the previously-announced digital-first BATMAN: ARKHAM CITY stories is now available exclusively in our Digital Store!

In this eight-page story that serves as an interlude between the regular issues (but isn’t necessary to follow the miniseries), Paul Dini reunites with his fan-favorite Detective Comics collaborators Dustin Nguyen and Derek Fridolfs to expand on the events and characters in the ARKHAM CITY comic - particularly on Batman’s many villains as they vie for power in this chaotic new city-within-a-city.

Head over to our online store to check it out!

bac1digital17.jpg

Sir Garbageman said:
Amazing Spider-Man!
On my lunch break aaaaaaaaaaand... Done. The difference in writing styles between Slott and Gage is apparent; but it was fun seeing Peter take to teaching once again, even under such temporary circumstances, and his awkward interactions with today's more savvy teen heroes was a nice touch. Those kids are kind of jerks, btw; Veil and Striker really stuck it to Pete with "Spider-Man LLC". Also nice to see Reilly Brown's artwork again, after Incredible Hercules got canned. The backup story was pretty throwaway stuff, though, and doesn't justify the $1 more for this comic.

So what's next? If you won't talk about these comics then I will! :D

8bit

Knows the Score
sparky2112 said:

Yes, most books are available within 24 hours of street date.
Not by legitimate means though...

brucewaynegretzky said:
These threads are always so short, any chance of condensing ComicGaf into a single thread rather than weekly threads?

No! We need to keep giving Spike a reason to do these awesome OPs!

SpiderJerusalem said:
Oh boy! Iron Man comic stuffed into my X-men comic...meh
Noticed that too, thought it was pretty damn weird (but generous) of Marvel to say "here's an entire issue of a comic for you to try". Certainly nice of them.

Also,

charsace said:
People should read x-23. Its good.
Seconded. Plus I think this is a series that female readers can really sink their teeth into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom