• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Codemasters signs on to make official next-gen WRC Rally games - PushSquare

dirt-rally-2-0-ps4-playstation-4.original.jpg

Currently, Bigben Interactive (now under the name Nacon) holds the licence, and Kylotonn has been producing WRC titles for the last few years. Presumably, this arrangement will continue until Codemasters takes over -- we know the cross-gen WRC 9 is in development.

Codemasters will produce annual WRC rally racing games for five years, between 2023 and 2027. Given the timing, it's safe to assume these will all be available on PlayStation 5. The first of these games will be released during the financial year ending March 2024.

Despite picking up this licence, the company remains committed to its DIRT series. DIRT 5 was recently announced, and Codies states the DIRT Rally team "is already working on their next project ahead of the WRC agreement in 2023".

With this deal in place, Codemasters will hold the game licences for Formula One, FIA World Rallycross Championship, and World Rally Championship.

The title says for PS5 but I don't see in the article where it says it will be PS5 exclusive. Unless I am just a moron, if so please correct me.

LostDonkey LostDonkey

youre right. I am usually good about this but I goofed here. Not replying to your post as to not bump the the thread but here’s the first

This is really good news. Codemasters have never had an official rally game, and besides Evolution Studios (who had the license in the beginning), no company has put out a good WRC game in 15 years.

Codemasters will be putting out annual iterations for 5 seasons of WRC from 2023-2027.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Top Bottom