• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cocoon(Annapurna's new game with lead developer of Limbo/Inside) is getting great reviews. 89 on Metacritic.

Been really excited for this one since it's first reveal. Looking prettyyyyy good so far.

5-6 hours is always fantastic around this time of year. Will definitely have time to work that in.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
Sounds interesting, although not sure if it’s for me. I’ll give it a try if it’s on GamePass though.

So it looks like the team that created Limbo and Inside disbanded a long time ago. That's not good. Their new game is taking a long time, but at least they're teasing it from time to time and the art looks phenomenal.

FrWc1nAaEAAit-Q

Yeah there was some game last year from one of the LIMBO / INSIDE guys too that ended up being not too great, doesn't mean too much...

Also, is there anyone still at Playdead who worked on those games at this point? Lol.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Seems cool. But - and this may seem petty or silly - a game being on GP day 1 makes me think the dev isn't confident enough in the game to believe it will sell, and that makes me not want to buy it and instead wait for it to come to PS+.

Here we go!

So, It's not gamepass that directly devalues games it's fanboys being so entrenched in their console of choice that instead of seeing the positives of a great service they devalue the games on game pass in their own mind until it comes to their preferred service.

So yes, gamepass devalues games to those who refuse to see it's worth.

Here we go!

So, It's not gamepass that directly devalues games it's fanboys being so entrenched in their console of choice that instead of seeing the positives of a great service they devalue the games on game pass in their own mind until it comes to their preferred service.

So yes, gamepass devalues games to those who refuse to see it's worth.
"If any dev dare not have full confidence in the retail model alone, I'll make sure to not buy their game to prove their suspicions correct and encourage more devs into Gamepass"

venom-snake-ashes.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
And then Lamplighters League and Gotham Knights in 4 days. And then Forza.

Just pure grade A chiquita bananas this year. Insane fall line up.

Lamplighters League seems like it's coming in a poor state, saw some reviews and the game has a lot of crashes and bad performance.

September has been a pretty good month otherwise.

drotahorror

Wonder what time it'll be up on gamepass? It's up on steam in 1 hour apparently.

INSIDE is one of the best games I've ever played so I got to atleast try this one even if it doesn't interest me as much.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wonder what time it'll be up on gamepass? It's up on steam in 1 hour apparently.

INSIDE is one of the best games I've ever played so I got to atleast try this one even if it doesn't interest me as much.

Might be around 1PM EST (2~ hours from this post) usually the GP daily stuff is updated then.

Ozriel

M$FT
Seems cool. But - and this may seem petty or silly - a game being on GP day 1 makes me think the dev isn't confident enough in the game to believe it will sell, and that makes me not want to buy it and instead wait for it to come to PS+.

Not paying any money to a dev who does not have confidence in their own project. If a game releases on gamepass or PS+ day one, regardless of quality I will not buy until it goes on a fire sale.

I refuse to believe you two are serious.

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Many ‘confident’ developers have gone belly up after consumers failed to put their money where their mouth was.

Top Bottom