• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cloud streaming platform Shadow to support streaming PCVR games to Oculus Quest.

Wonko_C

I thought this was impossible until 5G became widespread, and I honestly have never heard of this "Shadow" service, even the video looks like satire or something. (The video is mainly about they dropping their price, VR support gets mentioned, though.)

Who knows? As much as I despise it, cloud streaming is probably how we will end up getting high-end VR gaming, on headsets small and light enough to pass off as glasses, in the next few years.

Streaming + gaming already sounds bad. Streaming + VR sounds cancerous. Playing at 144hz is a night and day difference to 90hz headsets. I can't imagine a high refresh rate + input lag, and i definitely can't fathom how bad 90hz + input lag would be. This sounds like another case of wired vs Bluetooth headphones.

If they can combine the two technologies well enough to pull it off (which I doubt they can currently - but maybe some day) - this will revolutionize gaming

Top Bottom