• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

China seized U.S. Navy drone in South China Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geist-

Damn, I wonder if this is because of Trump's remarks about Taiwan. A little show of force.

This is fucking scary...

He isn't even president, and they're already telling Trump "We aren't fucking around."

Man, the next four years are gonna be rough.

lets not rule out this guy yet everybody

Tomorrow-Never-Dies-Elliot-Carver-Jonathan-Pryce_1024x1024.png

M52B28

Banned
I don't think they're will be any retaliation. This is only going to lead to higher tensions between the U.S and China.

Adaren

I realized that "seized" is a scary word, but unmanned and underwater? Is this actually a show of force, or just some sort of routine clean-up?

EDIT: If it's a drone, then I guess that makes the "unmanned" part less surprising.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
triggering a formal demarche from the United States and a demand for its return, a U.S. defense official told Reuters on Friday.
Remember when Iran downed a stealth/stealthy drone and America asked for its return?

Yeah.

That thing is being torn apart as we speak.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So I take it we will see a knockoff copy version of this submarine by the Chinese navy soon?

studyguy

Ah hadn't seen there was another thread, apologies.

Anyway, between the whole Taiwan bit, nuclear bomber being flown and now this. They're really trying to call Trump's bluff it seems. Along with apparently state run news outlets calling to take Taiwan militarily (I heard they do that often though?). It's getting pretty worrisome.

Afrodium

Banned
I realized that "seized" is a scary word, but unmanned and underwater? Is this actually a show of force, or just some sort of routine clean-up?

I would imagine underwater is referring to it as a submersible rather than a sunken boat.

Proelite

China's government will try going to goad and ruffle Trump into an overreaction for the next four years. Outside of the cabinet, all other Washington officials is going to hate the fact that we're going to be buddies buddies with Russia instead despite less economical and geopolitical benefits.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Why are they touching our oceanographic survey equipment? Are they going to say we need a permit of some shit?

I'm assuming this is now them claiming that they own the South China Sea.

Why are they touching our oceanographic survey equipment? Are they going to say we need a permit of some shit?

I'm assuming this is now them claiming that they own the South China Sea.

The US defense official will not tell anyone on CNN that this was an attempt of spying into Chinese waters.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
They probably already built a duplicate one.

It's probably on Alibaba for 20% of what they cost here

The US defense official will not tell anyone on CNN that this was an attempt of spying into Chinese waters.

It's not Chinese waters, it's the South China Sea. Unless that's what you're saying. Is that it actually wasn't taken out of the South China Sea, and was taken out of Chinese waters.

jchap

China was being aggressive in the spratleys before Trump ever considered running. GAF thinks the world revolves around Trump.

Until Trump tweeted all the did was build weponized artificial islands all over the place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom