• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chaintech nForce4 MB, 24 pin power supply?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

appletop

Hey, I just got my nForce4 chaintech motherboard in the mail, but it doesn't come with a manual (I need to email them for it) and the MB has a 24 (not the standard 20) pin connecter from the PSU. Also, there is a separate 12V 4-pin for the CPU, so I don't know what the extra 4 pins for the ATX power supply are for or if they are even needed. I bought a 450W Antec Power supply, it's brand new, and it only has the 20-pin for the MB. Any help would be great. Here is the link for the MBlink

Actually, sticking in the 20 pin dealio into the 24 pin works without any adapters! Check out anandtech's NF4 mobo articles for details.

Ah so you bit on the Newegg availability. Give me a PM sometime and let me know how it works out. As said just using the 20 pin should work. Also take a look around and you should be able to find a 20->24 pin adapter around. I am surprised your new power supply didn't come with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom