• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

About to jump in into PC land. Help!

Kuranghi

Any sane person would, it's just dick swinging immature bullshit with him anyway lol.

Soulzbourne being a bit of a fud aside, I do think there are some exceptions for noticing the difference of DLSS quality 4K vs native 4K, if you're on a monitor then obviously its gonna be basically identical but I'm sitting 6 feet from a 65" TV, so I notice the difference quite clearly, don't need to zoom in or get closer or anything like that.

DLSS quality on 4K is amaze balls obviously and often it will give a much more temporarily stable image than native 4K with shitty AA but I'd personally still try to supersample to 5K and then DLSS that resolution to get the best of both worlds, higher native pixel count + much much better AA.

I just don't care about framerates over 60fps at all, so thats a big factor here too, at DLSS Quality 4K, using a 4090 I'd be locked to 60fps even on the most demanding game with all RT effects enabled (Maybe not Alan Wake 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 Overdrive I'm guessing), so theres headroom to push the input res higher at that point.

Zathalus

Okay ladies and gents,

This what I settled for after a lot of back and forth, and just as what my friend said, don’t get stuck on the consoles mentality (I’ve been playing consoles all my life) as you can always upgrade the parts, and this is by his words “can handle even the most demanding AAA titles”

Components:
  • Case: CUBE FLOW XL with 6 RGB Fans
  • Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B760-PLUS DDR5
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-12700F 2.1 GHz 12-Core LGA 1700
  • GPU: ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 4070 Twin Edge
  • Memory: TEAMGROUP DELTA RGB DDR5 16GB (2x8GB) 5200MHz CL40
  • SSD: Kingston NV2 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Internal SSD (Up to 3500 MB/s)
  • Cooling: DeepCool 360mm LE720 ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler
  • PSU: CORSAIR RM750e Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Peripherals:
  • Monitor: Acer Nitro VG272U 2k QHD IPS 170Hz 1MS 27"
  • Combo: Redragon S117 Gaming Keyboard Mouse
It would be easier if you gave a firm budget and which country you are in.

Top Bottom