• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chainsaw Man Trailer 2 and cast information scheduled for August 5th

Draugoth

Gold Member
The official website and Twitter account for the Chainsaw Man TV anime revved up today, revealing a brand new key visual for the upcoming series and additionally announcing that a new trailer and first cast information will be unveiled during a MAPPA stage event on August 5 at 8 PM Japan time. The event will be streamed on MAPPA’s YouTube channel.

FY0oOrDaQAAQeAN

jason10mm

Gold Member
What.
The.
Fuck.

am I even looking at in that poster? Is it metaphorical or is this really a project about a guy with a chainsaw head and hands?

Doom85

What.
The.
Fuck.

am I even looking at in that poster? Is it metaphorical or is this really a project about a guy with a chainsaw head and hands?

Pretty sure it’s his transformed state since I’ve seen images of the lead character as a human.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I haven’t spent much time looking into this series other than seeing the cover here and there. Is the plot good or is it just the fact that he’s a human chainsaw? The last newish manga that caught my eye was Terra Formars and PTSD Radio.

Fbh

Even though it will seemingly have some ugly CG, I'm still going to check it out. Chainsawman has been the best new thing on Shonen Jump in a long, long time.
I haven’t spent much time looking into this series other than seeing the cover here and there. Is the plot good or is it just the fact that he’s a human chainsaw? The last newish manga that caught my eye was Terra Formars and PTSD Radio.

Nah it's awesome. It has great cast of characters, some fun concepts and an really great (and intentionally weird style) that mastefully mixes comedy with darker themes.
If you don't want to read the manga check out the one shot "Goodbye Eri" by the same author (it's available for free on the official MangaPlus app). The story is nothing like Chainsaw man but it gives you a good look at the writing style of the author

Happy Tom Cruise GIF

It was a bit of a wait, but every reader of the manga has assured me it will be worth it. Let’s fucking go!

Hopefully the adaptation is good though.

Dorohedoro is in my top 10 manga but the anime completely ruined the vibe and artstyle with that ugly ass 3D animation.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
The first trailer surely must have been a proof of concept... I have zero faith in MAPPA outside of JJK. The manga isn't very good though, good character designs and a few good moments but it's nothing spectacular. Series shits itself in the last 15 chapters.

Last edited:

Little Mac

The manga is really really entertaining. Lots of WTF “Red Wedding” moments where non manga readers are going to lose their shit. Can’t wait.

amused jaw drop GIF

Top Bottom