• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom will not remake other RE games after RE3, but intends to reboot two IPs ...

Doom85

Come on capcom just bring back Breath of Fire!

Capcom:

7XevFdn.gif

Breath of Fire fanbase: No, actually. This is DEFINITELY not what we were asking for.

Klart

I want Final Fight 4.

Just like the upcoming SoR 4.

Believe the beat'm up revival! The nineties are back!

Sean*O

That sucks if true. Been waiting for a proper RE4 Remake for ages and was really looking forward to seeing it done once I saw they were remaking part 3.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
DuskGolem, a leaker who has proven his credibility more than once, hinted that Capcom will be taking a break from RE reboots after RE3 (which probably means that the Resident Evil 1 Re-Remake will be a PS6 game), but they intend to bring back two IPs.

My guess is two of the following three IPs: Dino Crisis, Onimusha, or Darkstalkers.

Power Stone and Dino Crysis are my bets and I think Resident Evil Code Veronica will also get the RE Engine treatment in the future

I really hope they reboot Mega Man Soccer. Dont lie everyone we all know thats the game the gaming community wants. Its been years since the snes version so the roster of robots is only bigger now. imagine the possibilities.

yurinka

If RE3 remake works well in sales (I'm pretty sure it will) they will remake RE4 and maybe RE Code Veronica. It's Capcom, they love porting/remaster/remake stuff in addition to make sequels.

But I don't understand why they would make another RE1 remake, doesn't make sense. If this is 'rumor' is true, I think they would reboot / remake Dino Crisis and Onimusha, in addition to make Resident Evil 8.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Personally, an RE4 Remake would be a "downgrade" for me unless it includes a VR mode with associated aiming controls.

The Wii version is one of the best games money can buy. I foolishly bought the PS4 RE4 port and regretted it.

Eanox

I have a feeling dead rising, will be rebooted.

here’s hoping for Dino Crisis, Onimusha and Breath of Fire.

Yagami_Sama

Like a few mentioned here Onimusha and Dino Crisis, are good bets. Because the originals of this series, played similar to the Resident Evil games, so they can use the new engine and make something pretty.

Athreous

No shit right? It's the real Resident Evil 3 and is being discarded and overshadowed by the damn side story to Resident Evil 2...
Exactly! I never understood re3 back in its days lol, but CV had some story... Just the clunky camera that didn't help much...

The fact they specifically said "reboot" instead of "remake", It's practically a given one of them is Dino Crisis. After Dino Crisis 3 negative reception, I'm pretty sure they must've realized that's not the direction the series should've taken, and it would be suicide to continue where they left off with further sequels. That practically guarantees the series requiring a "reboot". My next guess would be Breath of Fire, that series also went completely in the wrong direction after Breath of Fire 4, with the final game being a shitty mobile game, so that's another series I can see in a desperate need of a "reboot". Everything else I can see easily being followed up by sequels.

Last edited:

ORI

Banned
If I wasn't trying to clear my schedule for Ori and then doom is so dive into these remakes (never played the originals)

Ten_Fold

I would like darkstalkers to go along with sf6, but I doubt it and I dont see mvc4 happening anytime soon, soo its probably dino crisis, and onimusha.

SuperGooey

The thread title is misleading. Dusk Golem's quote says "there won't be any RE remakes out in the next few years after RE3. "

That just means there aren't any coming soon, not that they aren't ever happening.

yurinka

I want Final Fight 4.

Just like the upcoming SoR 4.

Believe the beat'm up revival! The nineties are back!
I also want Final Fight IV, but with 2.D visuals and a SFIV or SFV art style to keep it consistent with the current Street Fighter games.
I would like darkstalkers to go along with sf6, but I doubt it and I dont see mvc4 happening anytime soon, soo its probably dino crisis, and onimusha.
Looking at past sales, it's more likely to see Marvel, Dino Crisis or Onimusha back than Darkstalkers. We the fighting game fans loved Darkstalkers but never had good sales.

Marvel is now under Disney's belt so Disney may want to milk it, and I assume they may even put a good amount of money on it and to make sure it's handled properly. That, in addition to lessons they should have learnt from the SFV and MvsCi projects made me think a Marvel Vs Capcom 4 game may be a pretty good and successful game.

Last edited:
Next Gen Dino Crisis would be so fucking awesome

Onimusha cool as hell too

Guess I’ll have to stop dreaming of Code Veronica remake

Last edited:
Top Bottom