• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can Revolution games be among next generation's most technically demanding?

Raistlin

I haven't been hanging out here as much as usual, but to my knowledge - we don't really know shit about the Revolution at this point.

Speevy

Banned
We know Nintendo's focus, we know what Iwata/Miyamoto has said, and we know Nintendo's graphics development company on the Revolution. It's only a matter of a few months before we know exactly how powerful it is.

FiRez

Onix said:
I haven't been hanging out here as much as usual, but to my knowledge - we don't really know shit about the Revolution specs at this point.

fixed, besides that I don't think that a high-end hardware can be put on that tiny enclosure without some serious over-heating problems

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Onix said:
I haven't been hanging out here as much as usual, but to my knowledge - we don't really know shit about the Revolution at this point.
the only thing missing from the equation are the specs and the games I think the rest has been revealed.

Triumph

Banned
Jesus. WE DON'T KNOW THE SPECS, SO IT'S KIND OF USELESS TO SPECULATE, HUH?

Thank you for this fucking wonderful thread, Speevy.

JavyOO7

I would think that the Revolution ends up like the PS2 of next gen; less powerful but can more than holds its own. Honestly, I would find it silly if the Revolution turned out to be just GameCube turbo... we'll see though.

That speaking, I think Mario Revolution will blow of all away with graphics that rival toy story. That's just me hoping, though. :)

Speevy

Banned
Raoul Duke said:
Jesus. WE DON'T KNOW THE SPECS, SO IT'S KIND OF USELESS TO SPECULATE, HUH?

Thank you for this fucking wonderful thread, Speevy.

Calm down. We've heard rumors though. Anyway, that's not really the point - AT ALL (OMG IM YELLING)

Nintendo clearly has a different focus than high-end graphics for the console, and that speaks louder than any paper specs.

Unless it is using Cell it will most definatly be less powerful than PS3 by a pretty big margin.
However, it should still be as powerful, if not more so, than the Xbox360.

That's my assumption.
And you know what happens when we assume to much.

Speevy said:
It's only a matter of a few months before we know exactly how powerful it is.
Wow, you're kind of really fucking stupid, huh?

Guess how long you should've waited until making this thread, Speevy? Here, I'll make it easy for you, just fill in the blank;

"I should've waited only a matter of _ ___ ______ before I made this fucking stupid thread"

You're an idiot and this thread is fucking terrible.

Speevy

Banned
Mike Works said:
Wow, you're kind of really fucking stupid, huh?

Guess how long you should've waited until making this thread, Speevy? Here, I'll make it easy for you, just fill in the blank;

"I should've waited only a matter of _ ___ ______ before I made this fucking stupid thread"

You're an idiot and this thread is fucking terrible.

Your avatar scares me. And everyone else. And your comments don't bother me.

Speevy

Banned
Amir0x said:
Posting in this thread to laugh at Speevy: hahahahaha.

In all honesty, I figured more hints would have been available about the Rev's power by now? I can't believe it's still just a case.

Maybe, Speevy, if you told everyone EXACTLY what kind of responses you're looking for, you wouldn't get hate. Right now, as you have worded it, this topic seems kinda dumb and pointless.

Amir0x

Banned
Speevy said:
In all honesty, I figured more hints would have been available about the Rev's power by now? I can't believe it's still just a case.

I think it's pretty clear, at least to me, that Nintendo has specifically avoided focusing on things like specs and visuals because that is not the emphasis of Revolution. Nintendo wants people thinking in a gameplay sense: What things the controller can do? How would I like it to be used? What possibilities does it open up? Distracting from this issue might provoke bad press (if, say, the system is underpowered compared to the competition like expected) when they don't need it.

Raistlin

I apologize ... I thought the context made it pretty evident I was referring to specs (and game trailers/movies for the non-technical).

Yes, strategy and goals have been known for a while - and obviously the controller(s) were just revealed.

Speevy

Banned
All I said was that the Revolution is going to be based on a unique control peripheral, while the Sony's sole focus so far has been showing how powerful the PS3 is. I said that with this in mind, what do you think we can expect from the technical side of Rev graphics?

Nothing more, nothing less. It's not some great leap to make a guess about the Rev's power. You could even use Nintendo's own priorities as a developer to fuel your argument. Obviously Nintendo will want third party games, but I question whether the company cares about high-end titles like MGS4.

Speevy

Banned
Onix said:
I apologize ... I thought the context made it pretty evident I was referring to specs (and game trailers/movies for the non-technical).

Yes, strategy and goals have been known for a while - and obviously the controller(s) were just revealed.

No biggie. (I'm used to it)

:)

Speevy said:
All I said was that the Revolution is going to be based on a unique control peripheral, while the Sony's sole focus so far has been showing how powerful the PS3 is. I said that with this in mind, what do you think we can expect from the technical side of Rev graphics?

Nothing more, nothing less. It's not some great leap to make a guess about the Rev's power. You could even use Nintendo's own priorities as a developer to fuel your argument. Obviously Nintendo will want third party games, but I question whether the company cares about high-end titles like MGS4.

Ok. So the thread is pointless and dumb. Can't be perfect all the time.

Matlock

Banned
speevy8pj.gif

Top Bottom