• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callisto Protocol Leaked gameplay (high quality)

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
giphy.gif

I’m pretty hyped for this game but I'm total media blackout, the less I know the better.

Last edited:

Kalisto

Neo Member
Lighting feels way too inconsistent. In some scenes all characters cast shadows from light sources but look at 25:13. That whole section is almost shadowless. Idk man, it just feels weird.

A game like this shows me that technology is no longer a limiting factor for anything anymore. It's all about time and talent. Animations and lighting are rough for a next gen game. But I'll take that coupled with a fun fresh game than a boring one with better presentation.

Lighting feels way too inconsistent. In some scenes all characters cast shadows from light sources but look at 25:13. That whole section is almost shadowless. Idk man, it just feels weird.
One more generation and this will hopefully all be ironed out.

EDMIX

I'm still not feeling it. Doesn't look like a AAA game to me. Hopefully the Dead Space remake turns out well because I'm not at all sold on this yet.

This.

It looks dated as fuck in some areas.

The season pass, DLC, MTX shit is too scummy for me to buy this day 1. I'll wait till they put out some GOTY version with it complete and buy that used or something.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
A game like this shows me that technology is no longer a limiting factor for anything anymore. It's all about time and talent. Animations and lighting are rough for a next gen game. But I'll take that coupled with a fun fresh game than a boring one with better presentation.

It's a cross gen game but yeah I do think some of these issues would've been solved if it was next gen only.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I know it's unfair to compare to TLOU Pt. 1 but the way they were hyping up the tech, I was hoping it would be much closer than this.

drotahorror

timestamp 16:12

I really wish they'd gone a little bit extra on the wounds / body damage. Head shot doesn't even show visible damage, 2 chest shots, no visible damage, finally another head shot shows something. And then the next enemy is melee'd several times with zero damage shown.

Reminds me of Daymare 1998 or something. RE2 Remake did the wounds and body damage oh so well, so this is hugely disappointing. On the contrary the final deaths of the monsters do look cool though.

Honestly, body damage ought to be one of your most important goals when creating a violent action horror game. TLOU 1 and TLOU 2 are probably the kings of it.

Last edited:

tommib

The Evil Within in space is ok on my book.

Performance looks very smooth which was my biggest fear. Graphics aren’t too hot. Dead Space Remake looks like it will eat for breakfast on that department.

Still pretty excited. Day one.

timestamp 16:12

I really wish they'd gone a little bit extra on the wounds / body damage. Head shot doesn't even show visible damage, 2 chest shots, no visible damage, finally another head shot shows something. And then the next enemy is melee'd several times with zero damage shown.

Reminds me of Daymare 1998 or something. RE2 Remake did the wounds and body damage oh so well, so this is hugely disappointing. On the contrary the final deaths of the monsters do look cool though.

Honestly, body damage ought to be one of your most important goals when creating a violent action horror game. TLOU 1 and TLOU 2 are probably the kings of it.

And resident evil 2 remake

Started watching, but had to stop cause I was turning into a little school girl. I'm so freaking hype for this game. I held off on GOWR and The Evil West for this cause I knew I would feel like I was rushing through them to finish in time for this, thus not fully enjoying them. Game looks super polished.

Lighting and character rendering is top notch, but yea, game design is like game from 20 years ago.
Linear as fuck and a jump scare every 5 minutes.

hlm666

watched all of it and yeah it is the console version , running in performance mode i think
stutters are noticeable
yeh I noticed framedrops aswell, before the bridge when the gate was closing and when walking over the bridge some of the most obvious but there's more. Might be tightened up if there's a day 1 patch, which i'm assuming there will be. It also looked pretty soft in places aswell, not sure if that was from taa, drs, ca or motion blur or all of it.

Top Bottom