• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

daevv

Neutral/No feedback for Babalu.

The item was well packed and in good condition but I cannot leave positive feedback as nothing was positive about this experience. Negative feedback is not an option or fair as he was not aware this would happen when shipping to Canada. I was charged a $39.92 "brokerage" fee by UPS when my used copy of Dragon's Dogma arrived on Friday. This cost on top of the $30 plus $5 shipping I already paid means I paid $74.92 for a used game. I've done some research and I won't be getting the fee back. Had I been home I would not of accepted it but I was at work and my wife thought it was a package she was expecting.

The best lesson from this is if your shipping to Canada please use USPS not UPS. I've bought a few games from here now and had no problem with items arriving on time or without hidden fees from USPS.

This is the first time since my early eBay days where buying something has left a bad taste in my mouth. Other than one game I want from KoreanBarbecue I'll be taking a break from buying stuff here for a bit. Shitty thing is I can't bring myself to even play the game now.

LQX

Why even use UPS. Had to have cost double of what USP charges. Also its kind of your responsibility to inform those shipping to Canada their will be fees. No?

And couldn't you just refuse the item? That would have been better rather than paying near $80. I think you are more to blame on that.

And couldn't you just refuse the item? That would have been better rather than paying near $80. I think you are more to blame on that.

He said in the post that he wasn't home, had he been he wouldn't have accepted it.

But yeah, not sure that feedback is deserved since the seller did nothing wrong (that I've seen) other than using the superior (if in the US) shipping service.

I want to know what the COD fee was for exactly.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
You can use USPS for shipments to Canada. I've had people send me stuff from the US with no problems at all. It's UPS that is a pain in the ass.

Don't be afraid to ship stuff over here.

yeah I know.
Just for how things are, its easier for me to ship fedex or USPS domestic.
I've sent tons of things over the border, most of the time its been cool. Every once in a while some crazy shit happens.

Makoto

Positive feedback for g35twinturbo. Smooth transaction!

(Our transaction took place a week or so ago, so I apologize for being late on this feedback.)

Reclaimer

Selling
Unless stated, prices do not include shipping. I'd like to work with you to figure out the cheapest/fastest way to ship to you, based on your needs. I have 100% eBay feedback. Make me an offer if you think the prices are unreasonable. :)

Vita VIP Case
Brand new in box. Pretty sweet hard case. $20

Vita 4GB memory card
Brand new in box. $12 -Free Shipping

PS3 move sharpshooter rifle. *** SOLD ***
Used once for 15 min, then boxed back up. Basically brand new. $22

Razor Deathadder Black Gaming Mouse
Very good condition, in box. $28
I tried it out for a couple of days and just didn't like its fit with my hand. I know it's a very popular mouse, but not for my hand I guess.

Seik

Banned

The item was well packed and in good condition but I cannot leave positive feedback as nothing was positive about this experience. Negative feedback is not an option or fair as he was not aware this would happen when shipping to Canada. I was charged a $39.92 "brokerage" fee by UPS when my used copy of Dragon's Dogma arrived on Friday. This cost on top of the $30 plus $5 shipping I already paid means I paid $74.92 for a used game. I've done some research and I won't be getting the fee back. Had I been home I would not of accepted it but I was at work and my wife thought it was a package she was expecting.

The best lesson from this is if your shipping to Canada please use USPS not UPS. I've bought a few games from here now and had no problem with items arriving on time or without hidden fees from USPS.

This is the first time since my early eBay days where buying something has left a bad taste in my mouth. Other than one game I want from KoreanBarbecue I'll be taking a break from buying stuff here for a bit. Shitty thing is I can't bring myself to even play the game now.

I think the OP should be updated with some kind of recommandation about using USPS for US -> Canada/Canada -> US. In my case, I ask it everytime because of pasts bad experiences on Ebay. Maybe this could prevent some unwanted situations like this. It ain't the seller's fault in some way, but the buyer ends up paying unbelievable, outrageous fees because of ignorance. UPS are thieves for everything international.

Here's my post from the previous page:

Since I had a couple of bad experiences on Ebay with UPS, I always ask someone in the US, Ebayer or GAFer, to ship the stuff with USPS.

To give an exemple, last year on Ebay I won an auction for Parasite Eve 2 with the guide, all for US40$+8$ for shipping. We actually never discussed about which company would bring the stuff to me...

A week later, that UPS guy comes to my door with the package and demands something around 35$ for the C.O.D Brokerage Fee, credit card right now or I don't have my package... Astonished by the high fee, since I already paid for the shipping, I refused the package and returned it to the seller. He wasn't happy because he had to pay that fee too when the package came back to him, so he asked me an extra 25$ to cover a part of those fees and the shipping so I can get it back.

I concider myself lucky he only asked 25$ so I did it, but in the end, something that was supposed to be 50$ and for me was concidered a big deal, finished with me paying 75$+.

So yeah, for US - Canada transactions and vice versa I strongly recommend using USPS. UPS is shit for everything international, not like a little tiny shit, more like a big steaming pile of stinking dung. As long as its local its pretty much efficient though.

EDIT: Just made this, could be useful.

nmgY9.png

Fox Mulder

That's why I'll never ship outside the US. I have no idea what stupid fees other countries have or what will happen with customs, and then I'll get blamed for it as a seller. I accidentally bought a game I wanted from a Canadian eBay seller and it took a month to get it. I've got things shipped quicker from Russia, Japan, or China.

WTB

Two basic phones with qwerty keyboards for VZW (LG EnV preferred) We are moving and need to cut expenses we don't need so for the time being, no smart phones.

God, grant me the strength.

Kerrinck

That's why I'll never ship outside the US. I have no idea what stupid fees other countries have or what will happen with customs, and then I'll get blamed for it as a seller. I accidentally bought a game I wanted from a Canadian eBay seller and it took a month to get it. I've got things shipped quicker from Russia, Japan, or China.

If the overseas buyer does not make a special request before purchasing like asking to declare a lower value etc (and you accept it of course), I completely agree it is entirely his fault if hit with customs.
Only had one bad experience so far with customs, but it was because the seller sent it through ups even though we agreed on usps.
And if I ever get hit with customs, I simply pay up since I know the seller had no fault in this.

vermadas

Have a code for Joe Danger 2 on XBLA. Before I redeem it, I'd like to try to trade it for a different game I'd rather play at the moment. Looking for one of the following XBLA games:

Dust: An Elysian Tail
Rock Band Blitz
Mark of the Ninja

Also have a key for Borderlands 2 on Steam. I would like to trade it for Dark Souls (Steam).

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
All prices include shipping.

For Sale:

PS3
  • SOCOM 4 - $15

Xbox 360
  • The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition - $25
  • Crysis 2 Limited Edition - $15
  • Shadows of the Damned - $15
  • The Darkness 2 Limited Edition (will include the poster) - $25
  • Gears of War 3 - $15
  • Portal 2 - $25
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Platinum Hits packaging) - $12

Looking to Buy:

• Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles Wii
  • Official Gamecube Controller

I accept PayPal, either as a gift or you can pay a little extra to cover the fee.

Neifirst

Looking to Sell:

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - $45 shipped
Rhythm Heaven Fever - $15 shipped
Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - $10 shipped

All are in like-new condition and complete with box, instructions, manual, etc. I accept paypal and ship via USPS. Please PM if interested!

Gamble

SELLING
Persona 4 PS2 - $15
Rogue Galaxy PS2 - $15
Nintendogs 3DS - $20 GONE!!
Front Mission 4 PS2 - $10
World of Warcraft BC CE Box contents NO GAME!! - $25 GONE

All prices include shipping within the continental us and are accepted via pay pal PM me with any questions :)

bump :)

Neverfade

Still for sale:

PS3 Borderlands 2 in Steelbook (the one that came with Ultimate Loot Chest. To clarify, this is for ONLY the game and steelbook) w/ Premiere Code. $60 shipped

EVGA GTX 470 1GB graphics card: $100 shipped

PSVita + 4GB Card + Hot Shots + Virtua Tennis = 220 shipped.

AwRy108

WTS:

3DS:
Kid Icarus Uprising bundle w/ stand & AR cards (like new, complete) - $25 shipped

PS2:
Devil May Cry 3 (original Black label, like new) - $8 shipped

PSP:
BlazBlue Calamity Trigger Portable (like new) - $8 shipped

CD AUDIO:
The King of Fighters 4-disc "The King of Soundtracks" (discs are mint, slight wear on folio) - $10 SHIPPED

I accept PayPal or Amazon payment, and I'm NeoGAF Plus.

I welcome all reasonable offers, and ship shortly after payment is received.

Aselith

Razor Deathadder Black Gaming Mouse
Very good condition, in box. $28
I tried it out for a couple of days and just didn't like its fit with my hand. I know it's a very popular mouse, but not for my hand I guess.

You might try that for a bit longer. I just got one and it felt very slick and the buttons were too resistant. After a week or two though it started to get a bit less slick and the buttons stopped being so resistant with use. You may find that your opinion improves after some use.

I'm looking to buy an unwanted Borderlands 2 PC case with everything except the CD key if anyone got a retail copy and doesn't care about that stuff. I bought it digitally but want the box. Willing to pay about $10 shipped. PM me!

Boogiepop

WTB:

Kekkaishi Vol. #16-31 (maybe 4-15 as well, looking into some stuff right now.)

Planning on picking this up through rightstuf or something either way, but if anyone would be able to offer a better price I'd definitely be interested.

amrod

UPS is horrible :\ Fedex is a bit better, but USPS is the best just takes awhile to arrive to Canada

Koroviev

Might be interested in a Guild Wars 2 key (NA) or account. Please PM me with what you have and your asking price :)

Located in the US, have PayPal.

Reclaimer

You might try that for a bit longer. I just got one and it felt very slick and the buttons were too resistant. After a week or two though it started to get a bit less slick and the buttons stopped being so resistant with use. You may find that your opinion improves after some use.

Thanks for the tip! You are probably right, but I moved on to a SteelSeries Sensei and its my favorite mouse of all time. :)

Seik

Banned
Want to buy:

-P4 Arena (PS3)
-Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3)
-Kingdom hearts 3D (3DS)
-Mario Kart (Wii)

North American versions please, I'm in Canada. PM me if you have anything interesting! :)

WTS

Last Remnant (Complete) $6

Wii
Force Unleashed (No Manual) $3
House of the Dead 1+2 (complete) $5

Dreamcast
Resident Evil 2 (Complete) $30

DS
Star Trek Tactical Assault (Complete) $6
Populous (Sealed) $5
Scribblenauts (Complete) $8

PS2
Persona 3 FES (Complete) $18

GBA
MegaMan & Bass (Cart Only) $9

I'm located in Canada so it'll cost a bit extra to go down to the States. If you're interested shoot me a message with your postal/zip code and I'll get back to you with a price for shipping. Paypal gift preferred.

US seller/PayPal only. Prices are shipped.
Positive feedback on GAF and on CAG.

Official Sony PS3 Bluetooth Headset - $18 (bought brand new, barely used)
Official Microsoft X360 White Wireless Controller - $20
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Mark of Mastery Edition - $85 (sealed)
Darksiders II (includes Argul's Tomb code, but online pass used) - $28
Binary Domain (PS3, PAL VERSION) - $18
Sony PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset (works for PC) - $60

WTS:

Perfect Dark for N64. Game only. $7 shipped
Controller Pak for N64 $????
Xbox 360 Wired Controller White $27 shipped
Xbox 360 Camera. Vision Camera. $12 shipped

PM me and let's work something out!

US Seller
PayPal only.

Status