• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie and Ubisoft taking creators of €30 per week cheats to court

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/bungie-and-ubisoft-are-taking-cheat-makers-to-court/

Ring-1 sell cheats via subscription. For 25 euros a week, a cheater can get a bundle of Rainbow Six Siege hacks like an aimbot, configurable ESP tools to show the health and distance of other players, options to alter weapon spread and recoil, a hardware ID spoofer so they don't get banned (or if they've previously been banned, can get around it), and a "Long Knife", to stab people on the other side of the map.

For 30 euros, a week a cheater gets Destiny 2 hacks including a PvP aimbot, infinite ammo, ESP, and a HWID spoofer. Similar packages are available for Rust, Apex, Legends, Call of Duty, Escape from Tarkov, Hunt Showdown, Dead by Daylight, PUBG, and more.

On July 23, Bungie and Ubisoft filed a lawsuit against Ring-1 in the California state district, naming several individuals believed to be behind Ring-1 with usernames like Krypto, Overpowered, and Berserker. According to the suit, the products Ring-1 sells, "impair and destroy not only the game experience, but also Plaintiffs' overall businesses and their reputation among their respective player communities."

The suit doesn't put a dollar amount on the damages it's demanding, saying that, "Defendants' conduct has resulted in damage to Plaintiffs in an amount to be proven at trial. By Plaintiffs' estimation, such damage may amount to millions of dollars."

Ellery

I hate cheaters so much during my active time as CS 1.6 player I wrote timetables (analyzing player behavior and timestamping their actions) in the ESL and got 3 cheaters banned. Absolute scum

If it was up to me middle age punishment is back on the menu for people that cheat. just joking or maybe not. up to you to figure it out

Soodanim

100 euros a month though :eek: Which sad bastards are doing that?
Exactly my thoughts, I really don’t get it at all. What’s the gain? You aren’t achieving anything and it’s a very expensive troll. You can’t take it into tournaments and you aren’t going to go pro. Even Twitch streamers get caught.

To me it’s a loss across the board, including the people who buy it.

FrozenFlame

100 euros a month though :eek: Which sad bastards are doing that?
Dunno how it works nowadays but I remember a while back, there was these people that were getting paid to carry others to higher ranks on CS:GO. That included cheating. So, 100 euros a month is probably an investment...

cormack12

Gold Member
100 is nothing for people with a job
pay 30 to fuck around for a week

That raises the next question though - this must be pretty much adults or no-lifers. Fuck me, 100 euro is like one night out with the lads (chasing no girls either).

Bragr

Banned
It's so strange how some people are so desperate.

It's like playing baseball but you use a gun to shoot the ball over the field so you always get a homerun, 100% of the time, but then what a fuck is the point of playing in the first place? especially when you ruin the game for everyone else.

Mattyp

Gold Member
Why I no longer play online on PC it’s beyond a joke. Deleted Seige months ago.

buttrt buttrt there’s controllers that help spread. Anyone can counter that shit, you can’t counter being seen through a fucking wall but.

People pay for the weirdest things, and this is another example of stupid things people pay for. This is why I will only want to make single-player games, no one will bother another person.

MiguelItUp

I've never understood the concept of cheating in a multiplayer environment. I mean, what's the point? Other than to just be a total and complete POS. Especially when it's so extremely blatant. Is it for attention? Is it to feel "good"? Or is it because you live a miserable life and want to put the negativity in your life towards others? Who am I kidding? I'm sure it's all of the above and then some.

In all examples, I don't care how old they are, I just wish they could all be deplatformed for good.

crozier

I’ll never understand how some people think cheating in an online game is somehow less than cheating in the ”real world”…it has the same effect.

Nice work there by the studios.

Honestly the entire industry from platforms and devs to gamers themselves should just have a class action template in as many countries as they can. Serve it right up to the bastards at every opportunity and just make it unthinkable to create and sell such shite.

iHaunter

I hate cheaters so much during my active time as CS 1.6 player I wrote timetables (analyzing player behavior and timestamping their actions) in the ESL and got 3 cheaters banned. Absolute scum

If it was up to me middle age punishment is back on the menu for people that cheat. just joking or maybe not. up to you to figure it out
I remember it in CS1.6. At least the security software was usually good about banning those users.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
100euros a month to PWN noobs.... really!? why in god earth would ye fucking bother? so you can claim top spot against all the other randoms from around the world but you havent won, you've cheated, youre playing a game where you will always win.. i cant fucking wrap my head round this

Aion002

Cheaters sucks. But that's one thing... Some people just loves being unpleasant assholes.

However, if you're paying a monthly subscription for cheats on online games....

helen mirren insult GIF

Kuranghi

Bungie and Ubisoft are just pissed off they can't get 30 a week from players.
And this is the correct answer

Just spitballing here but since they are in the business of making money couldn't they just fund a 3rd party to sell things like these for them and take a cut? Aside from a massive erosion of trust if players found out could that actually cause them any legal trouble?

Obviously its morally horrendous, but lets ignore that for a minute.

They can't put the cheats up front in the game because then no one would play it but I see it kind of like publishers selling cd keys in bulk without region locks. They know full well that the sites turn around and sell them to the higher/est priced regions at big discount and thats not fair to legit buyers who don't know they have other options than paying at the official store, but they do it anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom