• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bruce Willis Diagnosed With Dementia

OZ9000

Banned
I mean, you've also got to account for genetics, the elements, chemical exposure, diet, etc. I've seen 35 year Olds that look 47 and 80 year Olds that look 50, I mean it definitely varies.

And if you let the government get a single toe in the doorway of making decisions about people's actual continued existence...I think that opens up a rabbit hole with some potentially scary ends.
Legalising euthanasia is the most humane thing to do.

Continued existence for the sake of living is meaningless. Worse so with a degenerative disease or becoming a burden to society or one's family.

sleipnir

Neo Member
Just to add my sympathy for Bruce, and anyone suffering this terrible disease. I lost my mum to it a several weeks ago, and it was an awful few years of decline.

My own 74 mum also has early onset- and her short term memory is busted. She still recognises me , and I would absolutely crumble the day she stops knowing who I am

This is what I feared, but fortunately this didn't happen, right-up til the end, so it's not a given your mum will lose who you are. Mine always knew me, my wife and my two sons, but we were always very close. She did struggle with other family she didn't see often however. The worst aspect in her case was agitation, and not being able to process what was happening to her; she kept saying 'I'm going mad' and at times she really did, even getting violent and verbally abusive with carers, or other residence in the care home she ended up in. It was all very unpleasant, and when the end came it was a huge relief, despite the sadness.

I wish anyone who has someone suffering all the very best.

Last edited:

DapperSloth

This is so fucking sad. Just read up on FTD and it has no cure, is steadily progressing and life expectancy is around 6-8 years, holy fuck... I am so saddened for all the families that has someone with this type of dementia/alzheimers..

Bluntman

My favourite actor and I don't think in my life there could be another one.

Die Hard 3 is the greatest action movie ever. Pulp Fiction is one of the greatest movies ever. Stuff like a Unbreakable.

Such a GREAT actor, even if he had missteps or bad movies. I don't care because greatness is more than this.

Top Bottom