• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob's Burgers - New Animation Domination Series On Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I thought it was okay as a single episode. I don't know how much story potential there is in the premise, but I'll give it a shot. I wasn't a fan of the one daughter's itchy genitals however... ew.

Mudkips said:
I agree with this sentiment, except I probably won't give it a shot unless the internets raves about it the day after.

Dear FOX

Get rid of The Cleveland Show and Family Guy, run Bob's Burgers after the Simpsons and before Futurama (you'd have to pay boatloads to Comedy Central now), keep American Dad where it's at, and you'll have a 2 hour block I'd watch every week. Live (instead of DVRd) to boot.
Just as an aside, the new orders for Futurama included some kind of clause that would allow Fox to show the new episodes. I don't think the specifics of that agreement were ever revealed, and it obviously hasn't been acted on, but it is conceivable.

Chris R

Liked it a lot. Great jokes and and I love the coach. Probably won't last long but whatever. Tried to watch fg but man that shit is horrible now. Man fox is almost as bad as nbc now when it comes to primetime programming :(

Meier

I expected to hate it due to the animation style but found myself laughing out loud multiple times. I never watch Fox Sunday nights so I doubt this will make me start but it exceeded my meager expectations.

DON'T TASTE ME BRO!

Yeef

Much better than I expected. I actually enjoyed it quite a good deal which is rare for pilots even with good shows.

I'll just echo my earlier comment in the animation domination thread. Bob's Burger was trying too hard to be "edgy" and "shocking". Fail.

besada

Banned
The kids are going to be the best part of the show. The girl with the bacon-smelling vagina made me think I was watching Home movies again.

CrankyJay

Banned
B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
I knew it would need a family in there, FOX Won't make an animation that isn't about family.

Which is funny...because as long as a family is involved, they can get away with jokes involving:

cannabalism
child molestation
autism
vaginal itching
[i'm sure there's more]

:lol

lljride

I laughed a lot the first half of the show, but the second half was weak. Willing to chalk that up as being the pilot though, so I'll definitely tune in again next week.

Owensboro

All in all, not a bad first episode of a cartoon show. The first few minutes were kind of rough seeing as they started with a vagina rash joke almost immediately off the bat. The show started to really grow on me right at the "Child Molester burger" joke ("It comes with free candy!") and continued to make me audibly chuckle at many points (Coffin rolls out looking like present, "Don't Taste Me Bro!", "Is he defending cannibalism?", etc...)

A little rought, but that's to be expected. Chalk this one up there with "Glory Daze" as a show that looks horrible in previews but seems actually funny when watching. Yeah, I know, I feel like less of a person for liking Glory Daze, but it's just dumb and stereotypical enough to be funny (Think "Animal House lite") and they don't take themselves to seriously.

thought it was pretty good. not great, but not bad for a pilot. Seems like it has potential. I think they just tried to throw too much into the episode, but a lot of first episodes are like that.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
reminded me a lot of Home Movies. Was it from the same people?
edit: Read op and apparently yes.

Fox is really trapped in the 90's and can't find an exit.

Well, not sure if I worded that right because I don't mean to imply they're trying to find a way out.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Mr. B Natural said:
Fox is really trapped in the 90's and can't find an exit.

Well, not sure if I worded that right because I don't mean to imply they're trying to find a way out.

Hmm IDK this seemed 90s, but it also seemed alot different to me compared to say Family Guy. I normally don't watch fox's animation block, but I watched this just cause I was curious if the show was gonna suck or not from all of the commercials that ran during football season. Even then I just hulued the show on my snow day, and actually didn't mind the show.

It wasn't perfect, and I'll admit starting with the crotch thing was kind of hmmm really? Show seemed different than Fox's current block of shows though. Maybe that's why I sort of liked it since I don't watch Fox's current block of shows.

I will admit it DID feel like they were trying to hard to be edgy, but that didn't really totally kill it for me.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Man... a big portion of GAF doesn't like this? I've watched both episodes now and really liked them both.

The both had parts that actually made me LOL, which is unusual. In ep. 1 it was "You're the worst kind of Autistic!" and the whole toothpick bit. In Ep 2 it was all the "FAMILY CRISIS" stuff before and in the counselor's car.

saunderez

I wasn't quite sold on the first ep after a single viewing. After a couple of rewatches it started to grow on me, but the second ep completely nailed it. So many awesome moments. I dare say it was the king of Animation Domination this week.

Sumidor

Didn't watch the first episode, but I did catch the second episode and enjoyed it quite a bit. I had really low expectations, so maybe that's why.

Ballistik

Yep, this show is pretty good! It's the fast witty dialogue that happens between characters that really keeps it engaging for me.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
This girl is a professional troll and my favorite character on the show easily:

7L3jU.jpg

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
The show is okay but why are the female characters voiced by men? That really bothers me. If that's the 'joke' it's not funny.

Just watched the first episode and am watching the second on Hulu. LOVE. IT.

Edit: OMFG this show

"What are those?"
"Grief puppets."
"BRING THEM"

trinest

WordAssassin said:
Just watched the first episode and am watching the second on Hulu. LOVE. IT.

Edit: OMFG this show

"What are those?"
"Grief puppets."
"BRING THEM"
Stuff like this is what makes me love the show and hope it doesn't get canned.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Why is Bart Simpson voiced by a women?

Is it the joke?
Not the same. Bart is a young boy, so his voice is high and women are better at replicating that sound than men. In Bob's burgers it's the other way around. Guy (low voice) does voice of a young girl. I'm not really annoyed by it, but it is striking.

Bob's burgers this week was pretty damn great. Hope the quality continues. Love how the approach is different from the other animation domination shows (particularly the MacFarlane ones). Basically the whole episode took place in their house for example, something that rarely happens in other animated shows.

Koomaster

Saw the episode this Sunday; it's okay and I'm willing to give it a chance. I am in love with whoever does Bob's voice. Have been ever since that old cartoon Dr. Katz. It's a very distinctive voice and seems to pop up in a love of different things I've seen. Either way I'll probably just watch because of the voice.

i actually had no problem with tina's voice even if it's voiced by a guy. it just makes her character unique and see is an oddball from the get go.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
The more I think about it the more I remember bits that I loved:

"Are you the ghost from Ghost?"
"Are you the ghost from Ghost Dad?"

"Secretary of Nagraculture" :lol

This show is Ace, Dont taste me bro and Secretary of Nagraculture are just two of my favourite moments

way better than Family guy, the writers dont suck

GDJustin said:
The more I think about it the more I remember bits that I loved:

"Are you the ghost from Ghost?"
"Are you the ghost from Ghost Dad?"

"Secretary of Nagraculture" :lol
I loved those lines. The Ghost Dad line immediately following the Ghost one killed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom