• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloober Team signs a license and distribution agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment

GHG

I thought the medium was a neogaf darlin, what happened.

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

To who exactly?

I am done with Herman. You sign bloober? Bloober? They aren’t even B devs. They are trash. Straight up trash.

This is straight up pissing on shu’s legacy. That man built up a first party that won 5 gotys in between 2013-2020, then gets replaced by herman who proceeds to hire no name unproven dev after dev instead of bolstering his existing first party studios who are clearly struggling to get games out in time. 4-5 years to make direct sequels to hfw, gt7 and gow? All those partnerships and not a single next Gen game in 2022?

And He doesn’t sign Kojima right away after death stranding? How do you let a guy like that talk to Microsoft and fucking stadia?

And now he signs bloober. Fucking bloober. This is a joke. Both Jim and Herman have lost the plot and need to go.
Gotta love your selective memory.

Herman and Jim are also responsible for acquiring Insomniac... something Sony tried for years and it's honestly PlayStation's biggest acquisition, specially for that price. Then Housemarque, Bluepoint, "no names" like Bungie, etc. The only studio Sony bought that have yet to provide results is Haven. The rest of the studios that have yet to release their first game are studios they are financing their projects and haven't been acquired.

Also, projects like Horizon and God of War taking 4 or 5 years is not unusual. God of War will come out 4 and half years after the previous one and is set to finish this mythology. I'm sure that can't be an easy and fast task to complete. Horizon also had a lengthy DLC after the first game. It's not like the team jumped straight into the 2nd full game. They were probably fully hands on on that sequel for 4 years. Nothing weird about that.

You also failed to mention how studios like Insomniac have released Miles Morales, the first game remaster and Ratchet in 6 months. All under their supervision.

Most Sony studios are now working in 2 or 3 games when previously were working in one.

PlayStation studios were never this healthy and it's rare for gaming companies to have well oiled production machines like this.

The fact we don't have God of War release date is also clear: they don't want to delay it after the release date is announced. If I had to bet they are still trying to figure out if the game releases under their 2nd (June - September) or 3rd quarter (October - December).

Last edited:

Herman and Jim are also responsible for acquiring Insomniac... something Sony tried for years and it's honestly PlayStation's biggest acquisition, specially for that price. Then Housemarque, Bluepoint, "no names" like Bungie, etc. The only studio Sony bought that have yet to provide results is Haven. The rest of the studios that have yet to release their first game are studios they are financing their projects and haven't been acquired.

Also, projects like Horizon and God of War taking 4 or 5 years is not unusual. God of War will come out 4 and half years after the previous one and is set to finish this mythology. I'm sure that can't be an easy and fast task to complete. Horizon also had a lengthy DLC after the first game. It's not like the team jumped straight into the 2nd full game. They were probably fully hands on on that sequel for 4 years. Nothing weird about that.

You also failed to mention how studios like Insomniac have released Miles Morales, the first game remaster and Ratchet in 6 months. All under their supervision.

Most Sony studios are now working in 2 or 3 games when previously were working in one.

PlayStation studios were never this healthy and it's rare for gaming companies to have well oiled production machines like this.

The fact we don't have God of War release date is also clear: they don't want to delay it after the release date is announced. If I had to bet they are still trying to figure out if the game releases under their 2nd (June - September) or 3rd quarter (October - December).

That insomniac acquisition.

dance winning GIF by Great Big Story

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I dont know man. Jim and Herman are responsible for a second year lineup with ZERO next gen exclusives. Playstation has never been this situation.

I dont know why you think GOW and Horizon taking 5 years is not unusual. These are not new IPs. They are not reboots. They are straight sequels. Last gen at that. Cory made GOW in 4 years after they cancelled Stig;s new IP in April 2014. Why the hell is this game taking so long?

Everyone keeps telling me that Sony's studios are working on 2-3 games and yet aside from Insomniac which has always been a multi-game studio, no one has revealed or released more than one game. If ND was really a 2-3 game studio, they wouldve released Factions within a year of TLOU2 like they did with Uncharted Lost Legacy. If GG was a 2-3 game studio, they wouldve revealed their next gen IP alongside their last gen sequel like Insomniac did at the PS reveal. If SSM was a 2-3 game studio then we wouldve already seen their next gen IP.

I mean its great they have multiple teams at the studio but if it doesnt result in games then pardon my french but wtf do i care?

Getting BP, Insomniac and Housemarque is a great move. Spending $3.5 billion on Bungie and making it multiplatform is all time idiotic move. But when I said no name unproven studios, I meant those ex-treyarch studio, the new Jade Raymond studio, the ex-bungie studio. So many partnerships with these unproven devs when fucking Kojima had just won the most GOTYs in a year. Like what?

All these acquisitions dont mean much to me if im not playing next gen games. How is it any different than what Phil did? Spending billions upon billions acquiring studios left and right and hes got nothing to show for it this year. What has Herman done for me this year? Release three last gen games and Im supposed to be happy about this?

And bloober? Really? Bloober. These guys suck so much we made fun of them for two years non stop. You go with bloober? No. You make sure Cory had a 300-500 man team of his own when he started his new IP development back in April 2018 so its ready by 2022. You make sure Sony Bend started dev on Days Gone 2 immediately in 2019 so it can be ready by 2022. You make sure Kojima started dev on DS2 immediately so it can be ready by 2022. You make sure ND has 2 300 man teams so they are not sitting around after shipping TLOU2 holding their dicks and then start fucking around with other studios remake projects.

I dont know man. Jim and Herman are responsible for a second year lineup with ZERO next gen exclusives. Playstation has never been this situation.

I dont know why you think GOW and Horizon taking 5 years is not unusual. These are not new IPs. They are not reboots. They are straight sequels. Last gen at that. Cory made GOW in 4 years after they cancelled Stig;s new IP in April 2014. Why the hell is this game taking so long?

Everyone keeps telling me that Sony's studios are working on 2-3 games and yet aside from Insomniac which has always been a multi-game studio, no one has revealed or released more than one game. If ND was really a 2-3 game studio, they wouldve released Factions within a year of TLOU2 like they did with Uncharted Lost Legacy. If GG was a 2-3 game studio, they wouldve revealed their next gen IP alongside their last gen sequel like Insomniac did at the PS reveal. If SSM was a 2-3 game studio then we wouldve already seen their next gen IP.

I mean its great they have multiple teams at the studio but if it doesnt result in games then pardon my french but wtf do i care?

Getting BP, Insomniac and Housemarque is a great move. Spending $3.5 billion on Bungie and making it multiplatform is all time idiotic move. But when I said no name unproven studios, I meant those ex-treyarch studio, the new Jade Raymond studio, the ex-bungie studio. So many partnerships with these unproven devs when fucking Kojima had just won the most GOTYs in a year. Like what?

All these acquisitions dont mean much to me if im not playing next gen games. How is it any different than what Phil did? Spending billions upon billions acquiring studios left and right and hes got nothing to show for it this year. What has Herman done for me this year? Release three last gen games and Im supposed to be happy about this?

And bloober? Really? Bloober. These guys suck so much we made fun of them for two years non stop. You go with bloober? No. You make sure Cory had a 300-500 man team of his own when he started his new IP development back in April 2018 so its ready by 2022. You make sure Sony Bend started dev on Days Gone 2 immediately in 2019 so it can be ready by 2022. You make sure Kojima started dev on DS2 immediately so it can be ready by 2022. You make sure ND has 2 300 man teams so they are not sitting around after shipping TLOU2 holding their dicks and then start fucking around with other studios remake projects.
1 - PlayStation just got multiple exclusive games released this year including a new main Gran Turismo game. Sony wouldn't leave a platform like PS4 behind like that only to sell games that cost over 100M / 150M dollars to produce in a console that doesn't even have 20M users. Times have changed and it has nothing to do with Jim and Herman. In fact these games are still from the previous administration. I think God of War Ragnarok is the last release greenlighted by them. (Games greenlighted until early 2018). Platforms are decided at the beginning when a game is being designed...not close to release. These games were designed for cross gen and it shows in every way. That's not on Jim. There's also no big deal with 2 years of cross gen games that play and look much better on PS5. We already got exclusive games and are getting plenty more in the future.

2- Let's not forget COVID happened. A pandemic is not normal. These games are suffering at least one year delays I'm sure. God of War was almost for sure releasing in ,2021 if COVID never happened. That's 3 years after the first game. That's the issue. God of War also had its mocap delayed for a year as well due to an injury from the main actor as well, so it was more than COVID. Nothing about this is normal. But it doesn't show that its a lacking decent CEO behind all that. In fact once the game is released and it's as good or better than the first it shows how great they were during the process. These games weren't supposed to take as much to be developed.

3- Just because the games from multiple teams within a studio haven't been announced doesn't mean they aren't happening. Multiple job openings show us these studios are working on multiple games. Sony is increasing the investment on their already established studios as well.

4- About Kojima... Maybe Sony doesn't think buying a studio that has a studiohead in its name that's close to 60 years old is a good idea? Kojima has 2 projects or 3 in him at best and he always releases everything on PlayStation. Why buy them? Does Kojima even want to sell to anyone?

5- What's the obsession with next gen games only? Horizon is an open world game and looks just a bit worse than Ratchet that's an exclusive linear PS5 title. We got so much this year already. Imagine pretending they don't matter just because they were released on PS4 as well. Again, releasing exclusive games that cost over 100M to 10 or 15M people is suicide nowadays and will never happen in future gens as well. The PS3 and PS2 gens are not happening again. Games don't cost 10M anymore.

6- you have no idea what this bloober deal even means. No one does. Is it to release past games on ps plus? Is it to release a future project? Sounds like a lot of concern over nothing.

Bloober man, bloober.
Lol, I understand, but a) we don't know they are for sure touching SH, b) there's supposed to be 2 SH projects (one by a JP studio) and c) this might be about them bringing their old games to ps+ premium.
Relax, we'll be ok, we'll get through this together :D

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.

i think you are overreacting here lol

yurinka

I am done with Herman. You sign bloober? Bloober? They aren’t even B devs. They are trash. Straight up trash.
And now he signs bloober. Fucking bloober. This is a joke. Both Jim and Herman have lost the plot and need to go.

No, Hermen didn't sign Bloober. This article announces that Bloober will their put previous Bloober games on PS+. Hermen has nothing to do with this.

This is straight up pissing on shu’s legacy. That man built up a first party that won 5 gotys in between 2013-2020, then gets replaced by herman who proceeds to hire no name unproven dev after dev instead of bolstering his existing first party studios who are clearly struggling to get games out in time. 4-5 years to make direct sequels to hfw, gt7 and gow? All those partnerships and not a single next Gen game in 2022?
Insomniac, Bungie, Bluepoint, Housemarque and Nixxes are top tier teams in their area. Firesprite is basically Liverpool Studio+Evolution+Bizarre Creations and Haven has key people from Assassin's Creed, Watchdogs, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rainbow Six Siege or The Division to name a few.

In additon to all the 1st party teams acquired, he greatly increased the manpower of all their teams, these and the already existing ones. And will continue doing, this year they'll rise in over $300M/year their expenses for existing gamedev teams (not including there Bungie and other acqusitions expected to be closed these year, which will have an additional over $340M cost).

They don't struggle games to get release, only a few got a covid delay like everyone else. Hermen joined in 2019 and they released more top tier games than MS and Nintendo during 2020, 2021 and 2022. And excluding Wolverine, all the games they announce get released in some months, maximum around a year and a half.

And yes, AAA games now take 4 to 6 years on average to be developed. Sony is growing thier 1st party studios because they want to develop 3 or 4 games at the same time, like Insomniac. Some of them like Guerrilla, Firesprite or ND are already doing it. They already released several next gen games in 2022 like GT7, Horizon 2, MLB etc. Games that are crossgen because they still have like over 80 million monthly active users there versus under 20M in PS5. And they are running a business, so want to sell games and have a profit.

And He doesn’t sign Kojima right away after death stranding? How do you let a guy like that talk to Microsoft and fucking stadia?
Yes, he signed Kojima right away after Death Stranding to make Death Stranding Director's Cut, and according to Norman Reedus also the Death Stranding sequel. Google officially debunked the Stadia rumor, said they never had nothing from Kojipro.

Why Jimbo, just why?
Why Jimbo should forbid Bloober to include their previous games on PS+?

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
No, Hermen didn't sign Bloober. This article announces that Bloober will their put previous Bloober games on PS+. Hermen has nothing to do with this.

Insomniac, Bungie, Bluepoint, Housemarque and Nixxes are top tier teams in their area. Firesprite is basically Liverpool Studio+Evolution+Bizarre Creations and Haven has key people from Assassin's Creed, Watchdogs, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rainbow Six Siege or The Division to name a few.

In additon to all the 1st party teams acquired, he greatly increased the manpower of all their teams, these and the already existing ones. And will continue doing, this year they'll rise in over $300M/year their expenses for existing gamedev teams (not including there Bungie and other acqusitions expected to be closed these year, which will have an additional over $340M cost).

They don't struggle games to get release, only a few got a covid delay like everyone else. Hermen joined in 2019 and they released more top tier games than MS and Nintendo during 2020, 2021 and 2022. And excluding Wolverine, all the games they announce get released in some months, maximum around a year and a half.

And yes, AAA games now take 4 to 6 years on average to be developed. Sony is growing thier 1st party studios because they want to develop 3 or 4 games at the same time, like Insomniac. Some of them like Guerrilla, Firesprite or ND are already doing it. They already released several next gen games in 2022 like GT7, Horizon 2, MLB etc.

Yes, he signed Kojima right away after Death Stranding to make Death Stranding Director's Cut, and according to Norman Reedus also the Death Stranding sequel. Google officially debunked the Stadia rumor, said they never had nothing from Kojipro.
I believe Fatt Slobb about the Kojima Stadia rumours more than Google. What would they know?
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

We all know the source of Slobb's source is Phil Spencer's shelf. I'm not saying that Kojima's next non-DS game won't be multiplatform but that doesn't vindicate him if it is.

Last edited:

yurinka

I believe Fatt Slobb about the Kojima Stadia rumours more than Google. What would they know?
The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

We all know the source of Slobb's source is Phil Spencer's shelf. I'm not saying that Kojima's next non-DS game won't be multiplatform but that doesn't vindicate him if it is.
As we know the facts we have are:
-After DS Kojipro worked again with Sony in DS DC
-DS was profitable (its PC port too), well reviewed and was the game that won more GOTY awards its year, both Sony and Kojipro mentioned to be happy with each other
-Kojima said their productivity sucked during the lockdowns, but they released DS PC and DS DC
-Google said they never had anything from Kojipro
-Norman Reedus said they were starting to work on DS2
-We saw recently Kojima with a PS5 devkit on their new office, Sony teleconference devices and doing motion capture in a Sony studio
-Kojipro said that in addition to big games would also like to do smaller games, movies, tv stuff, anime or manga

Kojipro could do a multiplatform game, and technically even a game for MS. But I think it's pretty unlikely, I think it's super likely that they will continue working with PS Studios instead, minimum in Death Stranding 2. And who knows if also in a movie or anime too, or in a small game.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
As we know the facts we have are:
-After DS Kojipro worked again with Sony in DS DC
-DS was profitable (its PC port too), well reviewed and was the game that won more GOTY awards its year, both Sony and Kojipro mentioned to be happy with each other
-Kojima said their productivity sucked during the lockdowns, but they released DS PC and DS DC
-Google said they never had anything from Kojipro
-Norman Reedus said they were starting to work on DS2
-We saw recently Kojima with a PS5 devkit on their new office, Sony teleconference devices and doing motion capture in a Sony studio
-Kojipro said that in addition to big games would also like to do smaller games, movies, tv stuff, anime or manga

Kojipro could do a multiplatform game, and technically even a game for MS. But I think it's pretty unlikely, I think it's super likely that they will continue working with PS Studios instead, minimum in Death Stranding 2. And who knows if also in a movie or anime too, or in a small game.
The only thing that's no suprise from the above is the PS5. Death Stranding DC is on PS5 so having the dev kit isn't a shock. Its not like dev kits are returned.

Using the Sony motion capture only means its multiplatform at worst. Only two games were not on PS and that was after the work was done.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
After played The Medium I can say Blooper it's the best way to kill definitely Silent Hill. An annyoing talkative character can't shut her mouth for a second, with minimal gameplay mechanics based only to solve puzzles (the only decent aspect of the game) and a stupid unfilled story with zero atmosphere.

Last edited:

yurinka

Death Stranding DC is on PS5 so having the dev kit isn't a shock. Its not like dev kits are returned.
It could mean they are working an (exclusive or multiplatform) PS5 game but true, coud be from DS DC.

Using the Sony motion capture only means its multiplatform at worst. Only two games were not on PS and that was after the work was done.
What do you mean?

He uses Sony tech for videoconference and Sony's motion capture studio, which can be used to make games for any platform, or even to make a movie or anime. Doesn't imply they are working on a PS5 game, but it's a sign of good relationship with Sony. If he was making a game for MS maybe (or not) he'd have make the motion capture in a non-Sony motion capture studio.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member
It could mean they are working an (exclusive or multiplatform) PS5 game but true, coud be from DS DC.

What do you mean?

He uses Sony tech for videoconference and Sony's motion capture studio, which can be used to make games for any platform, or even to make a movie or anime. Doesn't imply they are working on a PS5 game, but it's a sign of good relationship with Sony. If he was making a game for MS maybe (or not) he'd have make the motion capture in a non-Sony motion capture studio.
I mean that Resident Evil Village was multiplatform and they used Sony's tech, and whatever project is going on will be at least on Sony's platform. I doubt if Kojima goes exclusive it will be on a non Sony platform. The use of tech and the gift by Guerilla of Decima (there is a meaning behind the name of the engine) shows the level of respect Sony have for Kojima. I can't think of another non first party developer getting treated as a first party studio. Even if Death Stranding did not perform, Sony would give him another shot.

yurinka

I mean that Resident Evil Village was multiplatform and they used Sony's tech, and whatever project is going on will be at least on Sony's platform. I doubt if Kojima goes exclusive it will be on a non Sony platform. The use of tech and the gift by Guerilla of Decima (there is a meaning behind the name of the engine) shows the level of respect Sony have for Kojima. I can't think of another non first party developer getting treated as a first party studio. Even if Death Stranding did not perform, Sony would give him another shot.
Yes, and also basically they signed them a deal for DS and gave him a blank check just after exiting Konami, without having anything. Basically gave him money to set up the studio and make the game he wanted even if it was a weird ass super niche AAA game. Regarding the game engine yes, it wa a nice -and super expensive and exclusive- gift.

Regarding engines, Sony also makes their own multiplatform PhyreEngine, which supports not only making games for PS devices but also PC, Xbox, Switch or mobile to any PS licensed (meaning those who make PS games, exclusive or not) dev. Many 3rd party studios -like From Software- used PhyreEnie to make hundreds of games, most of them multiplatform.

Last edited:
Sony making POWER MOVES. on the COUNTER OFFENSIVE. Biggest MEGATON in recent memory with ease. Just trying to figure if this is BIGGER or smaller than FFXIII going multi plat.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Sony making POWER MOVES. on the COUNTER OFFENSIVE. Biggest MEGATON in recent memory with ease. Just trying to figure if this is BIGGER or smaller than FFXIII going multi plat.
Well Square Enix are now reaping what they sow with the FFXIII. It only took about 13 years. I'm an expert in Japanese culture 😂😂😂

Last edited:

Vognerful

i see the spirit of @Bryank is still living within us.

Vognerful

The only thing that's no suprise from the above is the PS5. Death Stranding DC is on PS5 so having the dev kit isn't a shock. Its not like dev kits are returned.

Wasn’t titanfall 1 and 2 motion captured in Sony facilities?

SoraNoKuni

Ok then those "leaks" are on purpose, it's a given people will relate it to Kojima, but in the end it will be bloober, getting on the hype train created by Kojima.

And all these are orchestrated by the 4D chess player, puppet master, Hasan.

/s

Top Bottom