• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BlizzCon 2019 |OT| An Off-Season April Fool's Joke

I'm not making excuses for the dude's non-apology.
I was actually referring to the poster I initially replied to (who made a remark to the effect of "does anybody actually care about (what's going on in) Hong Kong anymore?")...but yeah, that "apology" was fucking atrocious and tells me that they still believe their fuck up wasn't punishing blitzchung and the casters, but getting caught doing it.

Ar¢tos

I was actually referring to the poster I initially replied to (who made a remark to the effect of "does anybody actually care about (what's going on in) Hong Kong anymore?")...but yeah, that "apology" was fucking atrocious and tells me that they still believe their fuck up wasn't punishing blitzchung and the casters, but getting caught doing it.
I thought the apology was funny, it was like they were saying "we are sorry we sucked china's dick" while they were sucking china's dick.
Just empty words with no meaning that will only get people even more angry.

Here's the clip of the moment.

Not exactly the response that protestors were hoping for, I'm sure. "Sounds good" "Okay. Thank you"

But yeah, in the end, it seems the Blizzcon protest ended up being a couple dozen people outside, a neckbeard, and a 12 year old kid. Revolution of our times, y'all.

BigAssBoy

Not exactly the response that protestors were hoping for, I'm sure. "Sounds good" "Okay. Thank you"

But yeah, in the end, it seems the Blizzcon protest ended up being a couple dozen people outside, a neckbeard, and a 12 year old kid. Revolution of our times, y'all.

The people chanting this are the same liberals that complained when tariffs were put in place that their gaming consoles and smart phones would be more expensive, damn hypocrites.

Helios

It's the same kid from the NBA. Probably just looking for more attention. Taliesin handled it pretty well, all things considered.

Herr Edgy

I thought the apology was funny, it was like they were saying "we are sorry we sucked china's dick" while they were sucking china's dick.
Just empty words with no meaning that will only get people even more angry.
Came into this thread because I didn't watch Blizzcon but a friend urged me to watch some of it, saw the opening speech and the first thing I did was google whether the punishments were removed completely. Found nothing.

Friend says "in the end, you don't know with speeches like these if they are serious or not, so I just take their word for it".
Like, wow, I respect anyone's wishes to buy products regardless of some company's political stance (also, there are tons more people involved than the ones responsible for the fiasco), but just literally saying that he's just choosing to believe whatever he is being told by big PR man is so.. weird.

Blizzard dude says something along the lines of "actions are louder than words"... yet it's just words so far, and some game announcements. No actions. I fail to see how anyone would just believe that stuff, but here we are.

Diablo IV looks dope though, might buy it if it's not just mindless spam.

FranXico

They wanted to remind people of what Blizzard did. They didn't care about the staff reactions there.
They exercised their right to express their thoughts and feelings, just like you are exercising yours to dismiss theirs.

They wanted to remind people of what Blizzard did. They didn't care about the staff reactions there.
They exercised their right to express their thoughts and feelings, just like you are exercising yours to dismiss theirs.
I'm not dismissing their thoughts and feelings. I'm simply experiencing a little vindication because this is almost exactly what I said would result from the protest when it first gained traction:
Can't wait to see the gamers who 'protest' by uninstalling Battle.net suddenly forget everything once the words Diablo 4 or Overwatch 2 appear on screen.

Pretty much. There will probably be a handful of hecklers that get quietly thrown out during conferences but I expect the "drama" to be kept to a minimum.
People were foaming at the mouth for something big to happen at Blizzcon lol

And to be clear, I'm not against the protest. I simply knew that most of the people complaining wouldn't show up when it came time to put their money where their mouth is.

Last edited:

Phase

Came into this thread because I didn't watch Blizzcon but a friend urged me to watch some of it, saw the opening speech and the first thing I did was google whether the punishments were removed completely. Found nothing.

Friend says "in the end, you don't know with speeches like these if they are serious or not, so I just take their word for it".
Like, wow, I respect anyone's wishes to buy products regardless of some company's political stance (also, there are tons more people involved than the ones responsible for the fiasco), but just literally saying that he's just choosing to believe whatever he is being told by big PR man is so.. weird.
And you've just found an intelligence difference between you and your friend, at least in the area of critical thinking. Because they have every reason to make a show of it while also doing nothing about it, and it's sad he can't see that. Makes me wonder how many other people think the same way.

I'm about to rob your friend real quick and tell him "Sorry, I accept accountability," while walking away counting his money.

I'm not dismissing their thoughts and feelings. I'm simply experiencing a little vindication because this is almost exactly what I said would result from the protest when it first gained traction:

People were foaming at the mouth for something big to happen at Blizzcon lol

And to be clear, I'm not against the protest. I simply knew that most of the people complaining wouldn't show up when it came time to put their money where their mouth is.
Well these are the fan boys that pay more that $200 to come to the event so what did ya expect? Im not going to travel across the U.S. and miss classes to protest. I can still do that online, especially when it counts. Not buying their games.

Top Bottom