• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard plans to deliver more content on a more regular basis in and beyond existing games. More to share next week.

.Pennywise

Banned
Excerpt from a message from Head of Blizzard Entertainment's Mike Ybarra to the community

We also know we need to deliver content to our players on a more regular basis and innovate both in and beyond our existing games. We have some exciting things to announce, and I’ll be sharing more next week.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
It'll take a miracle to turn things around.
FrL83i0.jpg

Salz01

Part of me wonders if this is why Overwatch never got a ps5 4K patch and Series X did. Blizzard has become a shitty company the last four years. They still can’t get that stupid Diablo mobile game out and that was announced like 3 years ago.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Aside from Overwatch and a few good years for Hearthstone, it feels like Blizzard has been doing the exact opposite of what their fans have wanted since 2013. They keep shedding customers while driving up revenue, which means they've been focusing on whale hunting and loot boxes and other shit like that.

So unless they intend on actually going back to the old Blizzard, a dev that made games to be fun and not merely to make money, then who cares if they step up production?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I can’t wait to see them add in Fruit as playable characters. Just have to remove the women first.

Mr1999

Wow sub with gamepass would be good and bad, it would be fun to watch all the new players but I would like to see how they would curb all the negatives this would bring, it seems unreal though but if it were to happen it would jumpstart wow like never before. I just want new content, they keep extending stuff every expansion not even putting any effort to put out new stuff. I do wish more people played it so maybe that'll happen now.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What? 76 hasn't even got a current gen patch. Bethesda have abandoned it.

It's improved as a game a lot since launch (and at least you can now play it in 60 FPS on the Series consoles, a consolation if nothing else).

But, yes, it doesn't hold a candle to WoW or FF14. Not anywhere close.

Last edited:
Overwatch was left for dead.

WoW was abandoned by anyone with a functional brain.

Just a gut feeling of mine, but I think if only half of what's being said about their recent working conditions are true, their problem is not that they have too few talented people working over there. Or a lack of creative minds. A hostile work environment can severely cripple even the most talented, capable and most hard working team. I'd expect things to get a lot better as soon as MS manages to kick out all the bad apples at Blizzard.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I actually do have SOME faith that a Blizzard without Activision's ever-watching eye might be able to make things a little better. That was always the sticking point for a lot of older devs who saw what Activision were up to and wanted them to keep their grubby paws out of WoW. Obviously, that didn't happen.

Case in point, between the periods of WoW Classic being announced and released, there was a small division of Blizzard that handled the game and were really good at providing technical overviews to the fans, getting feedback, implementing tweaks, it felt like a real passion project to a small handful of people. Not perfect by any means, but it felt better than it had in a long time.

Cue Classic release. By all estimates their WoW subscriber count doubled overnight. Even with big player drop-off, Activision had no idea what they had on their hands with WoW Classic. From day one there was a distinct radio silence from the actual Classic team as the CEOs clearly took notice of what was happening. From there, it only ever really got worse, to the point where TBC Classic released with a $50 "expansion pass" of items never originally available in TBC. Free server transfers to balance faction population? Not until they'd wrung every penny from people paying to transfer.

If Microsoft can get some fresh talent into Blizzard and keep the moneymen out just enough, maybe, just maybe, something positive might come of it. /blog

Cyberpunkd

Haven't they been saying this since years ago and it has only gotten worse and worse? WoW had sometimes 6 months without any content drop.

DragonNCM

Maybe MS can reform current Blizzard to former glory days. I always loved lore behind their games. So emersive potential in StarCraft, Warcraft & Diablo universes.

Fake

Nope, it's the other way around. The first thing they need to do is to fix the garbage mess that was Reforged

And how do you know they still consider Reforged a failure? They can still try again now. The same folks behind Warcraft 3 are not on Blizzard anymore.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I'm sure many hope they release content in the same way as GAF's GOTY.

Featured-Halo-Infinite-How-to-buy-Credits-All-Credit-Bundles-in-Halo-Infinite.jpg

After all its regular and considered good value for the consumer given the vote outcome. With Microsoft at the helm I am sure it will be an easy pitch.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Yeah, empty promises usually come before the content drought.
I really don't understand how can they mess it up so much while FFXIV team just aces each time there is an expansion. Is it all the new systems testing and fine tuning?

Fluo

I really don't understand how can they mess it up so much while FFXIV team just aces each time there is an expansion. Is it all the new systems testing and fine tuning?
Dunno man, WoW's definitely mismanaged on so many levels it's not even funny.

People give FFXIV shit for having predictable patch cycle, but I'll take a content update every 3-4 months over 1 year content droughts.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
And how do you know they still consider Reforged a failure? They can still try again now. The same folks behind Warcraft 3 are not on Blizzard anymore.

They temporarily changed their refunds policy to "no questions asked" for that game specifically. It was absolutely abysmal and they knew it.

Mess

Overwatch was left for dead.

WoW was abandoned by anyone with a functional brain.

Overwatch was never adopted by anyone with a functionnal brain. Same goes for any blizzard game besides SC2 for a good decade.

Just stay away from Warcraft 3 you freaks.

The other way around: fixing the mess that is reforged and making it true to the inital promises would probably be one of the strongest signals MS could send that they care about blizz legacy unlike current management.

Last edited:

Fake

They temporarily changed their refunds policy to "no questions asked" for that game specifically. It was absolutely abysmal and they knew it.

Just like GTA remaster guy saying 'all good'.

Trust me, those devs don't have a clue. They can try again anytime, just need money.

Top Bottom