In Blade of Darkness, players take on the role of one of four characters, each with their own individual strengths, weaknesses, and skills, as they hack and slash their way through hordes of enemies on a gory quest to save the world from the forces of chaos.
Updated for the modern generation of gaming PCs, the re-release of Blade of Darkness will give players the chance to experience the relentless gameplay with unique and vicious combat mechanics and role-playing elements that helped to pioneer the “soulsborne” genre and influence so many modern, beloved games.
With its original 2001 release, Blade of Darkness earned kudos for its unrelenting and varied gameplay and unique combat mechanics.
Blade of Darkness brings the classic title to modern PCs with remastered textures, widescreen support up to 4K resolution, new display settings, and and a whole host of quality-of-life and stability improvements. Now players can descend into the madness once again as they devastate all who oppose them, leaving piles of corpses in their wake!
There has never been a better time to jump into the title that helped pioneer the "soulsborne" genre with punishing gameplay, ferocious combat, and a dark and imposing world to explore.
Features of Blade of Darkness include:“Since its initial launch, Blade of Darkness continues to build a dedicated following — mods, ‘Let's Plays’, and community patches are found throughout the gaming community even today. This only signals how undeserving was the game's fate,” said Elena Roor, Managing Director at SNEG. “I'm glad that we've managed to sort out everything legal and, to our luck, unearthed the source code with the help of the original dev team. Altogether this brings us to the upcoming October release.”
- Pick your Champion of Ianna: Players can choose from up to four playable characters: Tukaram, the Barbarian; Naglfar, the Dwarf; Sargon, the Knight; or Zoe, the Amazon — each with unique strengths, weaknesses, and fighting skills.
- Bloody and Gory Combat: Not for the faint of heart, brave champions must learn devastating combo attacks and use them to slash their foes to ribbons and hack off limbs to use as weapons — who needs a legendary sword when an opponent’s femur will do the trick?
- A Dark & Detailed Fantasy World: Vicious enemies abound the sinister terrain, eager to keep players from dispersing the chaos of the world. Battle orcs, trolls, golems, demons, skeletons, and scores of malevolent enemy creatures, while exploring treacherous tombs, frozen fortresses, demon spires, deserts, temples, and palaces.
- Interactive Environments: Players can destroy in-game objects with fire or fists as they solve puzzles and disarm traps that combine physics, hydraulic systems, and lethal devices!
- Modern Brutality: Blade of Darkness has been re-engineered to shine on modern PC hardware and operating systems, including widescreen support up to 4K resolution, new display settings, and overall stability improvements. The gameplay content and story are untouched — featuring all the original game’s quirks and charm.
Amazing game for the lighting and the gore for me.