• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Bioware Magic" is just shit process management and crunch, explained by Mike Darrah

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I mean, obviously. This is like calling cramming for a test the night before "study magic." It's obviously kind of a sarcastic reference to people with poor organization or procrastination that have complete inability to focus until fear sets in at the last possible moment. In the context of large teams though, I guess it's just bad management.

SJRB

Gold Member
"Bioware Magic" was dumb as fuck. Anyone who has ever done a large project in a business environment knows there is no such thing as "magic".

What's with all these incompetent managers in videogame development? I swear to god a legit business manager could make a fortune in that industry just by doing the mere basics.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I mean, obviously. This is like calling cramming for a test the night before "study magic." It's obviously kind of a sarcastic reference to people with poor organization or procrastination that have complete inability to focus until fear sets in at the last possible moment. In the context of large teams though, I guess it's just bad management.
To be fair, I was a night before crammer and did fine. But doing that is totally different as it's just me involved.

All this mega crunch leading to good games is fine. But the games could be better if there was more free time to polish it.

Do you consider videogames art or just a 9-5 job?

I wouldn't be surprised if indie game development has much more crunch than these big corps. But it all gets down to how much enthusiasm you have for your work.

Top Bottom