• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill and Melinda Gates divorce

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
When I was younger and naïve I believed in the idea that you will eventually find your soul mate get married have kids and its happily ever after. Now from my own experiences with women and hearing about people's stories and experiences, the news etc. I am starting to not believe it anymore. I am starting to get a very negative view of women in the dating realm especially in the western world. You hear comedians joke about marriage and there is so much material from various comedians and everyone in the audience laughs. A lot of jokes have underlying truths to it. There is a statistic that says women initiates 70 percent of divorces compared to men and there is a 50 percent divorce rate in America. You can look it up. A 50/50 shot for a successful marriage or get your life and hard work taken away from you in divorce court is not good.

You hear on the media and some relatives and some of my personal friends/coworkers getting destroyed in divorce. One coworker I know he works nonstop to pay while his ex wife doesn't even work and collects his money. Another coworker his wife left him and their kids she moved to a different state figured that life was much harder as she had no practical skill and decided to get back with him. Him and his kids are bitter cause of it. He is a good working man too. Its disgusting. I hear divorce lawyer who has lots of experience saying don't get married. To top it all off I find that Bill Gates and Melinda Gates are getting divorce. To me I thought they were the perfect couple Bill Gates is a multi billionaire most successful guy in the world, raised 3 healthy young and intelligent children, and they still get a divorce. There is an interview she did where she was envious of his fame saying ""If people would talk to me, they would find out I'm smart and not just pretty." A billionaire lifestyle was not enough she wanted the fame too and her ego thinking she is pretty lol. She was just a manager before she met him. I wonder who initiated it is my curiosity.

Makes me believe women just have a very unrealistic expectations from men. I know a lot of guys don't need much to be happy. This is only added with the commercialization of online dating. A women can just go online and choose from a bunch of guys and you will see they want a guy who is tall, handsome, good social status, makes a lot of money, etc.... There is experiments done where a guy adds that his occupation is a doctor and he gets a ton of matches compared to just putting that he has a normal job without much physical changes. I have seen a girl who was not remotely interested in my friend before until he mentioned he was in medical school and her eyes lit up. She started giving him much more attention when before she was blowing him off. This happened in my personal experience too when I got a bit more attention from women after I got a higher status job. This goes back to media too. The prince charming essentially rescues Cinderella but you will never see that the other way around. I rarely if ever see a successful women marry a poor man. It is usually the other way around. I don't know I am getting negative thoughts and the Bill Gates and Melinda Gates further added to the fuel.

rorepmE

because marriage always has been a transaction for some form of worldly benefits. No one ever went to divorce court and asked to get back the amount of emotions they put in the person for the last 15 years.

pretty much.

Men bring: shelter, hunting skills, protection, resources
Women bring: pussy

vXDPuA.gif

Wish I could trade my dick for a few billion.

nush

I have seen a girl who was not remotely interested in my friend before until he mentioned he was in medical school and her eyes lit up. She started giving him much more attention when before she was blowing him off. This happened in my personal experience too when I got a bit more attention from women after I got a higher status job.

I've seen it to with a friend of my ex-wife. She had this one friend called Coral who dated a string of older men typically business owners without settling, then when her age and looks caught up with her. She got engaged to a nerdy slightly younger guy than her "He's a scientist and he's going to buy me a car" is all I remember her saying about him when we met. You could tell by the look of this guy he had absolutely no clue. Poor lad.

SegaShack

When I was younger and naïve I believed in the idea that you will eventually find your soul mate get married have kids and its happily ever after. Now from my own experiences with women and hearing about people's stories and experiences, the news etc. I am starting to not believe it anymore. I am starting to get a very negative view of women in the dating realm especially in the western world. You hear comedians joke about marriage and there is so much material from various comedians and everyone in the audience laughs. A lot of jokes have underlying truths to it. There is a statistic that says women initiates 70 percent of divorces compared to men and there is a 50 percent divorce rate in America. You can look it up. A 50/50 shot for a successful marriage or get your life and hard work taken away from you in divorce court is not good.

You hear on the media and some relatives and some of my personal friends/coworkers getting destroyed in divorce. One coworker I know he works nonstop to pay while his ex wife doesn't even work and collects his money. Another coworker his wife left him and their kids she moved to a different state figured that life was much harder as she had no practical skill and decided to get back with him. Him and his kids are bitter cause of it. He is a good working man too. Its disgusting. I hear divorce lawyer who has lots of experience saying don't get married. To top it all off I find that Bill Gates and Melinda Gates are getting divorce. To me I thought they were the perfect couple Bill Gates is a multi billionaire most successful guy in the world, raised 3 healthy young and intelligent children, and they still get a divorce. There is an interview she did where she was envious of his fame saying ""If people would talk to me, they would find out I'm smart and not just pretty." A billionaire lifestyle was not enough she wanted the fame too and her ego thinking she is pretty lol. She was just a manager before she met him. I wonder who initiated it is my curiosity.

Makes me believe women just have a very unrealistic expectations from men. I know a lot of guys don't need much to be happy. This is only added with the commercialization of online dating. A women can just go online and choose from a bunch of guys and you will see they want a guy who is tall, handsome, good social status, makes a lot of money, etc.... There is experiments done where a guy adds that his occupation is a doctor and he gets a ton of matches compared to just putting that he has a normal job without much physical changes. I have seen a girl who was not remotely interested in my friend before until he mentioned he was in medical school and her eyes lit up. She started giving him much more attention when before she was blowing him off. This happened in my personal experience too when I got a bit more attention from women after I got a higher status job. This goes back to media too. The prince charming essentially rescues Cinderella but you will never see that the other way around. I rarely if ever see a successful women marry a poor man. It is usually the other way around. I don't know I am getting negative thoughts and the Bill Gates and Melinda Gates further added to the fuel.
I mean not everyone is like this. Some people are, don't get me wrong, but there are genuinely nice girls that also have a career and have normal standards.

fatty

To top it all off I find that Bill Gates and Melinda Gates are getting divorce. To me I thought they were the perfect couple Bill Gates is a multi billionaire most successful guy in the world, raised 3 healthy young and intelligent children, and they still get a divorce. There is an interview she did where she was envious of his fame saying ""If people would talk to me, they would find out I'm smart and not just pretty."

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

But there are plenty of women out there that are hard workers and are looking for the same good qualities. I thank God as I really lucked out with my wife. One of the things we really work hard at is being a good team and helping each other to achieve both personal and family goals.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I dont understand why society forces people to stay married and be monogamous. Especially rich people like Bill Gates. The man is richer than any king in history and hes expected to just bang a 60 year old woman? Why?

He's doing it the right way. Getting divorced instead of cheating on her. You only live once. He is so rich he can have a new woman get delivered to his house every night. Let the man fuck.

And let the woman fuck too. She raised three kids and spent 27 years married to a nerd. Let her go out and fuck some pool boy without feeling guilty or making him feel like a cuck for allowing his wife to get fucked by other dudes. This way both get freedom and who knows they might end up finding someone they truly enjoy being with.

llien

"Bill and Melinda Gates started dating in 1987 after meeting at a trade show in New York before getting married on New Year’s Day in 1994 in Hawaii,"

Cause admitting he was her boss at Microsoft when they've started dating would be awkward, I guess.

StormCell

There is a lot of truth in what you are saying and a lot of inaccuracy to what you are saying. It's pretty much summed up in the bolded, really.

The fact is that the media bombards all of us with unrealistic depictions of reality especially in the matters of romance and sex. Women enter marriages with a full range of fantastic expectations that they learned from romance novels and shows/movies. The best I can recommend a decent dude to do is dig deeper into her expectations before agreeing to marry her. A lot of women enter long term relationships believing that they are going to be the center of his universe until death, and not just the center of his universe but they think all the awesome dating will go on indefinitely and he will have no needs apart from what she supplies him. And so on, and so forth. It really seems to me that society programs women to be disappointed with life, especially when she marries a guy and realizes he's adding her to his life as opposed to her replacing his old life. lol

As far as men go... a whole lot of men are good at being satisfied with their arrangements while making other arrangements on the side. You said a lot of men don't need much to be happy, and I find that, in myself, that is true. I don't look around me and find that people don't measure up. My wife is terrific. In the times where I may have hit that point where, let's say, I notice there are other women who are attractive, I don't look back at my wife in judgement of her for not surpassing everyone else in every conceivable way. No, the truth is that I strive to put those thoughts to a quick death and am very happy with life. Other men... obviously, other men do other things on the side.

I think that's why 70% of divorces are initiated by women. Some men take advantage of marriage's benefits while having exploits on the side, whereas a woman may just not be satisfied with the marriage in general and having two men in her life may be double the challenge. lol

When I was younger and naïve I believed in the idea that you will eventually find your soul mate get married have kids and its happily ever after. Now from my own experiences with women and hearing about people's stories and experiences, the news etc. I am starting to not believe it anymore. I am starting to get a very negative view of women in the dating realm especially in the western world.
That was the idea/lie that Hollywood pushed en-masse onto everybody.
Now that communication is per-person, everybody gets his own tailor-made lies delivered to him.

What you see now is a more realistic view of humanity. Yes, you were lied to, everybody was. Adapt accordingly.

nush

The best I can recommend a decent dude to do is dig deeper into her expectations before agreeing to marry her.

It's easier than that. "Sweat them out". Some women can hide thier bad points and true objectives very well in a relationship by being agreeable and attentive while the complete the RPG fetch quest of getting a big house they sit around in all day looking after the baby. This period can last 1,2,3 years and eventually the mask will drop and the 50's housewife objective is shown.

rorepmE

Bill Gates was dismissive toward Melinda Gates at work and pursued female employees at Microsoft and the Gates Foundation: NYT report​

Microsoft founder Bill Gates was dismissive toward his wife, Melinda French Gates, in work meetings and pursued other women at Microsoft and his other endeavors while the couple was together, according to a Sunday report from The New York Times.

My man!

My respect for him actually increased.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism

Plenty to respond to here, but above all I want to push back against the "50% of marriages end in divorce" statistic.

That stat includes second (or third, etc) marriages, which have extremely high rates of divorce--since frankly you can rest assured that anyone who initiates one divorce will only have all their subsequent human and family relationships fall into ruin, stay far away from them.

First marriages look quite a bit healthier in the statistics, and even better once you include kids in the equation... and better than that if you're a family who has a real relationship to a church. If you want to have a genuinely committed marriage, you can still find them in faith-oriented families where her parents are also of strong faith and commitment. In any case, just avoid women whose own parents have separated like the plague... it's more of a marker than anything else she might do or say.

down 2 orth

Have faith, bro.

1. Some demographics are better at marriage than others. Ethnicity and religion are factors to consider.
2. There's a lot of mind pollution in the MSM meant to break up the family. Recognize it and rise above it.
3. Relationships take work. If you find a suitable match and keep maintaining, you'll prob do ok.
4. Relationships have never been the Walt Disney version of love. Economics has always been a factor, if not the main factor for some. But that doesn't mean that the relationship has to suck. Respect and communication are key.

Melinda was probably just sick of Bill's island vacations, it's all good.

E-Cat

First marriages look quite a bit healthier in the statistics, and even better once you include kids in the equation... and better than that if you're a family who has a real relationship to a church. If you want to have a genuinely committed marriage, you can still find them in faith-oriented families where her parents are also of strong faith and commitment. In any case, just avoid women whose own parents have separated like the plague... it's more of a marker than anything else she might do or say.
Though... faith may actually keep people from divorcing even when they're unhappy.

Ten_Fold

I think it depends on a lot of things, a lot of times people get divorced because of money or friends/family just not liking your partner. I have a few married friends one that I talk to the most is doing fairly well, they moved away from their families, got good jobs an got kids. Now I usually think if he didn’t get a good job making $100k would the marriage lasted? Again it depends on her outside influence. I’ve seen people get divorced because her family didn’t like him, even though he was extremely nice and caring as they wanted her to marry a lawyer not a Walmart assistant manager training to be store manager

I know you said a women can go online and just sorta shop for a guy which is true if she looks good enough at least. I think guys can do the same, they gotta be in shape and have a really good income and nice car though. I do feel marriage is good based on where your at in life and where you to 2 are going to go.

My final thoughts is marriage can be amazing if you find the right one, and are good with working through the disagreements.

TheMan

This is actually her (Ann Winblad). Better than the main chick
5vWczO2.png

This is actually the woman he dated before Melinda. And in fact he continued to take yearly vacations with this person after getting married. This wasn't necessarily an affair and Melinda ostensibly agreed to this arrangement before marrying Billy Boy. Ann has not worked at MS for a long time and presumably, this is not the same person he pursued more recently at MS or at the Gates Foundation.

Last edited:

Zangiefy360

Banned
"Meanwhile, The Daily Beast revealed Gates sought marriage advice from convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein during dozens of meetings at his $77 million Manhattan townhouse between 2011 and 2014, far more than had previously been reported."

Marriage advice? From a serial human trafficker and pedo? Really makes me wonder what's coming down the pipeline...

People get cancelled for a whole lot less these days.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Marriage advice? From a serial human trafficker and pedo? Really makes me wonder what's coming down the pipeline...

People get cancelled for a whole lot less these days.

I suspect that Epstein's methods of gaining trust & influence of powerful people included many things (even faux philanthropy, etc) far beyond the infamous sex trade. It's quite possible IMO to imagine that he enticed Bill Gates to enter his circle of influence using very different tactics.

The Daily Beast said:
Gates may have visited Epstein, the person said, because Gates “enjoys talking and ideas and basically arguing with people, and he can be a really brutal person to argue with.”

“He likes nothing better than to get together and debate or lecture people, or tell everyone what he’s doing with the polio vaccine. He has an ability, unlike any other person I’ve ever met, to lecture to a table of people without stopping for an hour.

“Anyone that gave him a stage for a performance and said, ‘Bill, come talk to us about what you’re passionate about,’ that would be something he would enjoy.”

BouncyFrag

I wonder if Gates advised Epstein about Epstein’s desire to seed the world with his DNA. James Bond villains seem tame in comparison.

Jeffrey E. Epstein, the wealthy financier who is accused of sex trafficking, had an unusual dream: He hoped to seed the human race with his DNA by impregnating women at his vast New Mexico ranch.

Mr. Epstein over the years confided to scientists and others about his scheme, according to four people familiar with his thinking, although there is no evidence that it ever came to fruition.

Last edited:
I wonder if Gates advised Epstein about Epstein’s desire to seed the world with his DNA. James Bond villains seem tame in comparison.

Jeffrey E. Epstein, the wealthy financier who is accused of sex trafficking, had an unusual dream: He hoped to seed the human race with his DNA by impregnating women at his vast New Mexico ranch.

Mr. Epstein over the years confided to scientists and others about his scheme, according to four people familiar with his thinking, although there is no evidence that it ever came to fruition.

To be fair, what male hasn't had a fantasy of literally changing the world with their genitals? Honestly if you've never imagined erotic scenarios where your genitals change the course of human history, I question your libido, and your intelligence.

Rikkori

Ever seen the natureismetal subreddit? The world is really like that in general but life in a lot of countries has gotten so easy it made it so believing fantasy notions of what life is (and what human nature is) not lead to your immediate demise. The cold hard truths of old still exist in most of the world though, not that that's a better situation. At the end of the day you have to understand the harsh nature of reality if you don't want to get played, and in the West you have to understand the de-coupling of authority & responsibility. Having the latter without the former is called slavery. Don't accept being one.

8,000 YEARS AGO, 17 WOMEN REPRODUCED FOR EVERY ONE MAN​

Mothers outnumbered fathers throughout much of human history, a new DNA analysis of people around the world shows.
The genetic findings offer evidence for polygyny, when one man has many wives, and other reproductive customs, as people migrated out of Africa.
"[Historically] more of the women were reproducing than the men," study researcher Mark Stoneking, a professor of biological anthropology at the Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology in Leipzig, Germany, told Live Science in an email. "This often happens in human societies, because not all men are able to afford wives, or sometimes a few men will have many wives."
These practices resulted in females making a larger genetic contribution to the global population than males did, the researchers found.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Gates deserves flack for hanging out with Epstein at all.. but just outright believing tabloid web sites who urge people to send in "tips" they don't corroborate even explain the context of is silly.

Don't give 2 shits about Gates, but this desire to gossip like you know things based on random rumors from click bait sites is not my bag, baby.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Gates deserves flack for hanging out with Epstein at all.. but just outright believing tabloid web sites who urge people to send in "tips" they don't corroborate even explain the context of is silly.

Don't give 2 shits about Gates, but this desire to gossip like you know things based on random rumors from click bait sites is not my bag, baby.
Even if tips are true, 99.9% of people who think they are ethical and are the type of people who like to make a stand at the expense of fam and friends and celebs should look in the mirror.

That high priced organic fruit and juicy mangos for 60 cents piled high at grocery stores likely has dirt poor farm help doing the labour at 25 cents per hour.

Most people don't give a shit since its cheap, tasty and as long as nobody brings it up while they slurp down an iced cappuccino wearing sweat shop made Nikes, they don't care. It's harder to go against faceless corporations run by unknown CEOs than celebs. But when there's a face to go up against (shady looking Epstein), many people turn into righteous folks one Mother Teresa, one part vigilante Batman.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Even if tips are true, 99.9% of people who think they are ethical and are the type of people who like to make a stand at the expense of fam and friends and celebs should look in the mirror.

That high priced organic fruit and juicy mangos for 60 cents piled high at grocery stores likely has dirt poor farm help doing the labour at 25 cents per hour.

Most people don't give a shit since its cheap, tasty and as long as nobody brings it up while they slurp down an iced cappuccino wearing sweat shop made Nikes, they don't care. It's harder to go against faceless corporations run by unknown CEOs than celebs.
I mean I'd not hang out with someone convicted of fucking with a 14 year old; and I can say that because I've unfriended people.

But it was normalized in the weird circles Gates runs in well before he met Epstein.. he met him specifically because people were still letting Epstein donate 10's or 100's of millions of dollars, and be a prominent member of billionaire philanthropy conventions and shit.

Or, maybe Gates is a kid fucker, I have no clue.. but the stuff being said from thedailybeast is just rumors.. and they don't explain the context.

IntentionalPun

Enters a clearly marked "Bill Gates topic" to let us all know how much he doesn't care.
I just meant I don't care about defending him personally; was just adding that to make sure people didn't think I was some weird Gates fanboy or something lol

BouncyFrag

"Meanwhile, The Daily Beast revealed Gates sought marriage advice from convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein during dozens of meetings at his $77 million Manhattan townhouse between 2011 and 2014, far more than had previously been reported."
Epstein was a monster. Spoiler tagging as this graphic account is NSFW and extremely disturbing.
👹NSFW👹
A South Florida woman has filed a lawsuit accusing deceased child sex trafficker Jeffrey Epstein and Epstein's alleged accomplice, Ghislaine Maxwell, of raping her in front of her then-8-year-old son.

In court documents filed March 22, the alleged victim—identified only as "Jane Doe"—claimed that in early 2008, Epstein and Maxwell repeatedly raped her in front of her son at a hotel in Naples, Florida.

Furthermore, the suit alleged that Epstein and Maxwell trafficked her to have sex with other men. The suit also alleged that the two forced Doe to undergo a vaginal surgery to pass her off as a virgin to "high profile" clients, the Miami Herald reported...

... The suit further claimed that Epstein and Maxwell repeatedly raped her in the presence of her son at a Naples hotel over the following days. Epstein and Maxwell allegedly threatened Doe by highlighting Epstein's close relationship with federal and local immigration and law officials. The two also allegedly trafficked Doe to other clients, passing off the then-26-year-old woman as 17-years-old and taking images of the sexual encounters.

A lot can be told about a man by the company he keeps.

Last edited:

nush

Epstein was a monster. Spoiler tagging as this graphic account is NSFW and extremely disturbing.
👹NSFW

I'm calling bullshit on that. Someone is trying to get paid but has over egged the pudding. Nothing in that story fits the current known MO of Epstein and co.

Dr.Morris79

To be fair, what male hasn't had a fantasy of literally changing the world with their genitals? Honestly if you've never imagined erotic scenarios where your genitals change the course of human history, I question your libido, and your intelligence.
I always dream of my genitals curing world hunger, yes.

Top Bottom