• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda Contractor Debunks the Latest Clickbait FUD About MS/Bethesda (Employees Aren't Leaving)

GuinGuin

Banned
"people come and go all the time"
"not a lot of people are leaving"

Which is it? If any big names actually left I'm sure we would hear about it. This guy isn't offering any real clarification however.

Holammer

There is a 30+ page thread for Tyler on Kiwifarms for a reason.
I'm convinced Valve and industry folks feed him bullshit rumors & "insider info" just to fuck with him.

Bryank75

Banned
Called Bluepoint

steve coogan GIF

oldergamer

Since I know this sort of BS will eventually be posted (and likely guilded by someone), here's the debunk for the video before that thread is made.

Basically a YouTube posted a FUD video claiming Bethesda employees are running away from the company because MS is changing the culture too fast.

Tweets have been deleted, but a Environmental Level Design Contractor (who's been there for two years) says it's fake news:
E2rjiaSXwBQ0MjC

This is the same nonsense people have said about other MS studios in a pathetic effort to try and paint them as a problem. People leave gaming studios all the time. The bigger the amount of people the more often it happens. Large studios can lose people almost weekly.

Fan driven rumors.

Starfield

Everything surrounding this rumour was BS and just "thoughts and opinions". Even the one who started it backed off from it. That should tell you.

Even if MS would have changed alot of the structure within Bethesda (they're not going to do that) you likely would only see these changes affecting next year, not this one.

Period

Zeroing

Banned
And the lesson is? DO NOT BELIVE ON WHAT PEOPLE WRITE ON TWITTER
People fall for it every... single... time

DaGwaphics

Probably shouldn't have included the vid in the OP. No reason to help these losers get clicks. All that accomplishes is pushing them further up the YT algorithm mountain.

SomeGit

I can't believe people still trust Tyler McVicker about any subject in the year of our Lord 2021.

Last edited:

Shmunter

People high tailing it during a merger resonates more true than not. It’s just how things go. Uncertainty, loss of opportunity, people taking other avenues if they have them.

Redundancies occur as consolidation of roles and efficiency initiatives start taking place.

Microsoft has acquired a lot of new studios in the past few years. I think just about every one has talked about Microsoft’s hands-off approach except in cases where they’ve actually provided aid. Mojang, Obsidian, DoubleFine, Ninja Theory, etc have all expressed the same sentiment after being acquired. Suddenly Microsoft acquires an entire publisher with the ability to create and publish their own games start to finish and this is the one they decide to get hands-on and pushy with? Sure.

People leaving the studio right now to retire is very believable. Bethesda just received a $7.5B windfall. A lot of senior people there are getting near retirement age and with the added cash they might pull the cord early. With Robert Altman passing away recently I imagine a lot of people that have been there a long time are wondering how much time they have left. I would. No matter how much I love my job I love freedom to just do whatever I want even more and every day at work is another day closer to what comes next. Problem is, I’m not seeing anyone from Bethesda announcing their departure like I typically do when people start leaving studios under poor circumstances, just this dumb rumour which was spammed on /v last night before this thread appeared.

Anyone that bought into this before the guy admitted that he was full of shit should feel like a dimwit. The people still trying to pretend it’s an actual thing are dimwits and the reason I have to put dozens of threads on ignore daily just to get the front page to resemble a gaming forum.

edit: Robert Altman. This is why I never phone-post.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
I think you are missing the point, there is no rumour. The rumour was started by a Youtuber in one of his vids, he was speculating and hasnt spoke or knows anyone at Bethesda.
Its literally no different than you making a Youtube video right now saying Microsoft in talks to sell Xbox to Google!.

EDIT. And the guy who debunked it was a contractor, not oficial Bethesda staff.
Plus the Youtuner himself has just come out and said he was wrong. Let it go.
A contractor who says on twitter some people is retired and then he asks where someone get such info. I mean he practically answers himself to his question. I never said the rumour is true but he practically reported why such rumours is born and why it's called rumour. Practically some people thought such retirements was caused by the MS acquisition. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Neil Young

Are Xbox fans so brittle that they start prematurely whining and crying over shit no one is actually saying?

people leave studios. People retire. So what.

no one is taking your precious Xbox away ManaByte ManaByte
"C'mon Man!" As an Xbox fan, I stopped coming here for anything Xbox related as every MS thread reads like Gamefaqs circa 2004. Gamepass...killing the industry/concern threads. New games...LOL, what games, Bethesda sucks. Availability of the console...LOL people actually want it, I was able to get 10 as they're sitting on shelves. On and on.

You can say Xbox fans are brittle, but don't you notice they don't come here/there's less of them? Personally, I don't need an echo chamber. But for fucks sake, I would like to read two posts before every MS thread devolves into shit town or I have to see that fat fuck saying "another one."

oagboghi2

"C'mon Man!" As an Xbox fan, I stopped coming here for anything Xbox related as every MS thread reads like Gamefaqs circa 2004. Gamepass...killing the industry/concern threads. New games...LOL, what games, Bethesda sucks. Availability of the console...LOL people actually want it, I was able to get 10 as they're sitting on shelves. On and on.

You can say Xbox fans are brittle, but don't you notice they don't come here/there's less of them? Personally, I don't need an echo chamber. But for fucks sake, I would like to read two posts before every MS thread devolves into shit town or I have to see that fat fuck saying "another one."
There is less Xbox owners here because there are less Xbox only people in general.

nonetheless, doing damage control over a argument no one is seriously making is silly. People are so addicted to console warring they start putting words in people’s mouth to justify their faux outrage

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Modern bethesda is basically rare.
It’s a name 😂

fallout 76
Wokenstein 2

Not a good look imo
Let the games speak.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I didnt even know there was a rumour to be honest lol.
Besides i'm sure there are a few devs there upset about being bought out, as they probably would be regardles of who bought them.
Plus until we get FACTUAL evidence to the contruary, Microsoft have said they will leave Bethesda to do their own thing (for the most part obviously), so until we hear different we have to take that as truth.

Agreed.

The fact that they are even allowing them to continue to self publish shows this isn't just hot air. I don't think the majority of the developers there really, really care.

Mr.ODST

There is less Xbox owners here because there are less Xbox only people in general.

nonetheless, doing damage control over a argument no one is seriously making is silly. People are so addicted to console warring they start putting words in people’s mouth to justify their faux outrage
Less Xbox users because of people like you :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Top Bottom