• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best video game SFX

What is your favourite video game sound effect?

A very small thing perhaps, but these two second-long sound clips can be extremely evocative. Like the smell of tumble drier on a rainy Sunday afternoon, dreading school the next day but this bittersweet feeling making you appreciate the joy of Ghost Valley 1 all the more.

In no real order aside from the last one:

Witcher 3 level up:

Dark Souls 1 item gained:

Quake 1 Ogre:

And the king, the don of them all... the ultimate master SFX that can bring me to my knees:

Loads more obviously, but I'll stop there. Yours?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Especially since i play GT7 so much lately this never gets old to me.

Otherwise this potion sound from Diablo 2 is pretty fresh in my mind after playing Resurrected for many hours.

lyan

When all the stars aligned then you(the game) stop the music and slam the desk, nothing gets more satisfying than this.

stranno

The tunnel echo in Nigel Mansell's World Championship was mind-blowing back in the day.

1:30

There are many many classics but a more recent brilliant one is the thermal implosion grenade from Battlefront

Basically less punchier version of this.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

The tunnel echo in Nigel Mansell's World Championship was mind-blowing back in the day.

1:30

Basically less punchier version of this.

The video doesn't do it justice. Playing the game with a headset on back then it was glorious and just as punchy.

I literally just slapped the first video I found on YouTube so people would know what I'm talking about

Top Bottom