• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Punk/Metal/Industrial female led music.

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
First thought I had here is that I adore the Muffs.

When looking for a video, I only now just found out that the lead singer died last year. She was only 56. RIP to her. She was awesome. If you like the video, you should check out her music. She was a talented songwriter, and had an incredible voice.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
First thought I had here is that I adore the Muffs.

When looking for a video, I only now just found out that the lead singer died last year. She was only 56. RIP to her. She was awesome. If you like the video, you should check out her music. She was a talented songwriter, and had an incredible voice.

Their cover of Kids in America is the best version of that song.

GV82

Anneke Van Giersbergen

With her old band the Gathering

Solo (cover)

With Devin Townsend

Bonus

With her band Vuur
(Skip ahead to about 3 mins in if you don’t want to hear crowd banter)

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Wow lots of great stuff to throw into my Spotify rotation keep them coming. 👍

Last edited:

eot

Banned

This girl is fucking great, but the comments on her video annoy me. Like people saying her cover:

is better than Yngwie's performance of his own song:

when she a) clearly plays it with way less feeling b) much worse tone c) also makes mistakes and the rhythm is funky at times. Don't get me wrong, she's better than I'll ever be, but she's also not Yngwie.

This girl is fucking great, but the comments on her video annoy me. Like people saying her cover:

is better than Yngwie's performance of his own song:

when she a) clearly plays it with way less feeling b) much worse tone c) also makes mistakes and the rhythm is funky at times. Don't get me wrong, she's better than I'll ever be, but she's also not Yngwie.

I agree, Yngwie has such a unique tone that it can't be replicated.

Like, someone could cover tender surrender by Steve vai, it could be the best cover in the world, it won't beat the original.

She does do a good cover of Tornado of Souls and Comfortably Numb.

• Love
Reactions: eot

Korranator

Surprised to not see Floor Jansen here.

.....but to be different and give more exposure to the band: Sara B of Messa

Last edited:

SirTerry-T

I think Skunk Anansie are still going?
Skin has a great voice and presence.

And Curve were bloody awesome. Toni Halliday was as cool as Debbie Harry and Dean Garcia's bass was like a machine gun.

Last edited:

bigsnack

The absolute best rock record to come out in years is by Brutus, entitled “Nest”. The singer is also the drummer, they slay!

Tschumi

Dunno the story about the cranberries but they're pretty great.. I've recently enjoyed music by Cate Le Bon/Drinks, some of Aldous harding and some of the other one my YouTube algorithm sent me.. Angel Olsen

teezzy

Banned
Joan Jett tha hottest punk goddess

Counterpoint:

Avril-Lavigne-voluminous-hair-punk-bracelets-dark-eyes.jpg

Manus

Heather Baron-Gracie from Pale Waves. More of a goth-pop band, but I'm choosing her since i have a crush on her.

Havoc2049

I love this band so much. I can listen to the album on repeat. Reminds me of some songs from hole also.

574xeKn.jpg

I saw The Distillers in concert for the first time on their comeback tour last year. Great show. They were supposed to be recording a new album, but then Covid hit, so everything seems to be on hold.

Top Bottom