• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best looking visuals in a video game?

Muramasa if it had a 4K port. Pretty bummed to read rcently that there's things preventing the team bringing it to modern consoles.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

6WBR4Jr.jpg

Batman: Arkham Knight still looks really impressive for a game that's almost eight years old
Hell, it looks better than a lot of AAA games getting released today

Especially that now we have the graphical power to run these nvidia smoke effects on PC that used to be a slideshow. I played the game last year and i was blown away by it. Very good looking.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
The last time I was truly amazed is with Ghost of Tsushima's openning when you ride the horse on a filed of grass, seeing trees and grass swaying with the wind.I know it is probably not the best technical visuals but it was amazing.

Definitely the Last of Us 2 for me. Everything looks great, but the animation is a few tiers above anything else.

There are so many gorgeous games these days that Im constantly amazed. My eyes are also getting worse though. :/

Alex11

This is a hard one, and many of us are sure to be subjective. But as someone else said it here there are many categories to determine this. Artistic, realistic, technical, etc.
As a PC guy, I'm not subjective, I think the Playstation exclusives are the ones that are all round the best ones, I mean, for one they are the most polished ones for sure. I don't like the PS games in terms of gameplay, so I hope I'm not stepping on someones toes here, but as far as visuals, for me they are at the top.

Top Bottom