• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best-looking games of 2023?

AJUMP23

Gold Member
On My Way Link GIF by GIPHY Gaming

Art in motion.

Go_Ly_Dow

Final Fantasy XVI for me, good tech + strong art direction + stellar cutscene direction + amazing visual affects + memorable music = some of the best audio / visual moments I've had playing a game. For example one of the many sequences of spectacle throughout the game.

Last edited:
For me

Star Ocean The Second Story R (Switch)
Super Mario RPG (Switch)
Sea of Stars (Switch)
Star Wars Jedi Survivor (Steam)
Xenoblade Chronicles Future Redeemed (Switch)
Kena (Steam)

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
From games I played, and in no particular order:

Callisto Protocol
Dead Space
Tears of the Kingdom
Super Mario RPG
Starfield
Spider-Man 2
Hi-Fi Rush

Jigsaah

Gold Member
There were too many times I had to just stop and absorb Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty. Alan Wake is also very stylistic...but also very realistic. I love em both, but I think Cyberpunk eeks it out.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Alan wake 2 has bad water visuals when in town even on max settings with all bells and whistles. Certain npcs look flat.

I think for me Spider-Man 2 this year really stood out visually. That big of an open world going that fast with RT and the voo doo tech to make it 60fps is nuts. In cut scenes characters look stellar especially Harry. Yes MJ looks straight out of GTA4 but she’s the exception to the rest of the cast looking stellar.

I’m also of the mind that Like a Dragon Man Who Erased His Name has some superb visual moments but unfortunately isn’t the overall package.

Lastly, final fantasy 16 deserves nods similar to Spider-Man 2 for looking as good as it does with the insanity on screen especially during Eikon fights.

TLDR: Spider-Man 2.

GymWolf

Cyberpunk dlc or burning shores dlc maybe?

I didn't played AW2 so i can't judge.

Robocop punched way above his weight, it deserve at least a mention.

Spidey 2 and ff16 were ok.

Last edited:

Lupin25

1. Phantom Liberty
2. Alan Wake 2
3. Burning Shores
4. Spider-Man 2
5. Robocop

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Alan Wake 2 is definitely my pick overall, but a weird honorable mention goes to Super Mario Wonder for me. It's not doing anything all that technically impressive, but I absolutely love the direction they went with the art design. Easily one of the best looking 2D platformers, imo. (Sorry about the low quality screenshots, this is all I could find for now)

q12whGB.jpg

mKlY4ri.jpg

QrUBZZK.jpg

XSeUKDg.png

IAmRei

Final fantasy XVI for me, their environment design is still the best for me...
Aside from that game, i like super mario wonder art

Top Bottom