• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beetlejuice 2 Trailer Released

I'm in.

Decal Waving GIF by WiperTags Wiper Covers

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I'm in. I'll feel the regret if it's bad, later. First theater watch in, I can't even remember how long....

Also: digoutyoursoul digoutyoursoul
I agree... there is always this singular piano key played at the beginning of a lot of these trailers, complete with lens flare(usually) and small patches of silence, with a huge bass drop that smoothly fades away.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Oh boy, another Hollywood remake / reboot / late sequel / nostalgia cash grab. Bonus points since they used a slow rendition of the popular song from the original movie.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
this totally worked for me. and the actress, can't remember her name atm, but one of the few modern young actresses who dosen't annoy me (honestly she is a scene stealer) has that same level of charisma that winona ryder had back in the day. for a remake or sequel, this is seeming fun, and hitting for me. might actually go to a theatre for the first time in a decade.

8bitpill

Alec Baldwin has stated how he didn’t like the role he played in Beetlejuice.

I’m looking forward to this. The fact that Tim Burton handled it has a very good chance of being a good sequel that is 35 years too late.

He is a director that doesn’t follow the norm of film making and doesn’t adhere to current trends .

YCoCg

I was gonna ask if the dad would be back too but after looking at the actors wiki, ..., yeah probably best they killed the character off.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Something about everyone being older is actually working for me. It feels natural, and kinda fits the lore in a weirdly appropriate way.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
Alec Baldwin has stated how he didn’t like the role he played in Beetlejuice.

I’m looking forward to this. The fact that Tim Burton handled it has a very good chance of being a good sequel that is 35 years too late.

He is a director that doesn’t follow the norm of film making and doesn’t adhere to current trends .
Everyone took a shit on "Mars Attacks" except me.

Jim Brown & Tom Jones baby! 😄

Power Pro

Everyone took a shit on "Mars Attacks" except me.

Jim Brown & Tom Jones baby! 😄
Mars Attacks is not a good movie exactly, but it definitely has it's moments. I think it kinda falls apart when too many of the characters die, even though that's a big part of the humor in the movie.

I had no idea that movie was based on a trading card series, and a lot of the deaths are taken straight from cards, until recently.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Bailed on the trailer when I saw Jenna Ortega. Feel like she drags down anything she's in.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Mars Attacks is not a good movie exactly, but it definitely has it's moments. I think it kinda falls apart when too many of the characters die, even though that's a big part of the humor in the movie.

I had no idea that movie was based on a trading card series, and a lot of the deaths are taken straight from cards, until recently.
Scheming Area 51 GIF

Mars Attacks was a great film.

Ack ack ack!!

Maybe Tim will do an Independence Day Resurgance style sequel.

jonnyp

Michael Keaton is a seriously underrated actor but is that Jenna Ortega going to be in every single thing? Fucking hell, surely there is a larger talent pool than this...

As far as 'nostalgia bait' trailers go... This is a good one all around. It was weird seeing the choir sing 'Day-O!' at what you would assume is 'Charles' funeral. Is Beetlejuice possessing the choir here? Kinda interesting. The reveal was good, but man did they wait a long time to get a sequel out the door. Beetlejuice was a weird one-off film, so I never really expected a sequel out of it. So, I dunno really what to expect. Obviously, I will reserve final judgement for the film. The teaser did a good job. 'The Juice is Loose' almost feels like line-o-rama.

Jenov

Didn’t Lydia end up sort of being adopted by Alec Baldwin and Geena Davis at the end of the original? I wonder how they’re going to explain their disappearance.

Top Bottom