• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beetlejuice 2 is apparently happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I hope it's real and a return to form for Tim Burton. He's been rather boring the last decade

Yeah the 17 pounds of makeup will probably hide most of it. The only question will be if he appears super energetic for the part. Beetlejuice is basically manic after all.

Beetlejuice is Keaton's absolute favorite roll he's ever played. One of my friend's moms met him and gushed about the movie and he started crying. I'm sure he'll be super into it :D

iunderstoodthatreference.gif

It's not a reference or joke though! For the past 10-15 years if not more they've been talking about doing a second Beetlejuice movie and the plot is basically "Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian"

Red Devil

Not sure about this.

However when I first saw The Mask I thought Jim Carrey could make a good Beetlejuice, of course that was 20 years ago... Damn!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
The movie better open with his number finally being called

giphy.gif

While I'm not sure about a new movie, I have to admit this would be great.

Not sure about this.

However when I first saw The Mask I thought Jim Carrey could make a good Beetlejuice, of course that was 20 years ago... Damn!

I love Jim Carrey and he has energy but not the right vibe for this. Beetlejuice is so far removed from the Mask tbh aside from their powers.

Beetlejuice is a damn classic imo. I love the art direction and michael keaton especially knocked it out of the park. I don't really want a sequel, especially with such an uninspired Burton these days but I'm there day one to see Keaton reprise the role.

I hope we don't get any idea of his origins. Lets face it the dude was probably a serial rapist or something lol. It would get pretty creepy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom