• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BBC - Console Wars. Which is best?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
That's quite true, but why so? Part of it is because its lineup was much of the same than its N64. And Tekken, Soul Calibur, DMC, etc. don't sell as well as they used to, because we've already been there. Million seller games are very rare nowdays. Same gameplay mechanics with enhanced graphics is not far away from watching the same movie you saw 8 years ago on HD. It's prettier. But it's the same movie.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
donny2112 said:
I think a major purpose for the "classic shell" will be playing SNES and N64 games.
and GC games

keep in mind that your GC controller is compatible with the Rev also. the GC controller will service NES, SNES and N64 games just fine.

marc^o^ said:
That's quite true, but why so? Part of it is because its lineup was much of the same than its N64.

Part of it was because it wasn't as good as the N64's. If what you were saying was true then yo ushould be able to include the PS2, which you can't because it'll soon be the best selling console of all time.

marc^o^ said:
And Tekken, Soul Calibur, DMC, etc. don't sell as well as they used to, because we've already been there. Million seller games are very rare nowdays. Same gameplay mechanics with enhanced graphics is not far away from watching the same movie you saw 8 years ago on HD. It's prettier. But it's the same movie.

Sure but you're making it out like there are no new games that come along, or that games don't evolve at all. Last gen most never heard of GTA, this gen its the become one of the biggest franchises in gaming. Last gen HALO didn't exist, this gen its a huge franchise. You don't need different control to change the way a game plays or to make a new innovetive game.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
SolidSnakex said:
Part of it was because it wasn't as good as the N64's. If what you were saying was true then yo ushould be able to include the PS2, which you can't because it'll soon be the best selling console of all time.

Yet overall, games are selling less than they used to. I reckon there could be a new GTA or Halo waiting for us on PS3/x360. But the trend is to focus on what works, licences. I'm not that sure we are in for a treat regarding new franchises. When development costs are high, risks are not the common norm. That's why I expect much of the same on PS3/x360. Which is fine with me, as I'll be pleased to play photorealist games with better AI. But as a demanding gamer, I'll reiterate Revolution is a bliss that could change videogames forever if it delivers on its phenomenal promises.

Sunski

The next step in gaming is bonafide remakes where the levels and game mechanics are EXACTLY the same but the textures and models have been enhanced.

Xellotah

Sunski said:
The next step in gaming is bonafide remakes where the levels and game mechanics are EXACTLY the same but the textures and models have been enhanced.

Judging by the number of FFVII Remake threads, there seems to be a huge demand for it.

marc^o^, do you have any kind of stats that back up the claim that games overall are selling less? I realy doubt that. This generation has seen 3 consoles successfuly marketed, and that's a first. I assume, if anything, that game sales are up.

Top Bottom