• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 1+2 [Switch OT] Witch, Meet the Switch

Narroo

Ack, anyone get a gameover glitch on Prologue while playing Infinite Climax?

During the tentacle monster battle, I killed him with a second punish attack. The he just stands up, freezes, and a second later I get a 'The Witch Hunts are Over.' Happened twice and got me a Stone Rank on a chapter I in principle played decently well.

I suppose what happened is that I played so well that I changed the course of the game, preventing the villain from executing his plans and starting the Witch Hunts.

More seriously; I wish I realized that the Old Bayo Costume came with her older weapons before finishing Hard Mode. Scarborough Fair and Shuba-Sword are hysterically overpowered in this entry. Gotta love Punchx5 Kick combos.

One thing I found kind of odd with Bayonetta 2 was how it managed it's cut scenes. It's hard to explain but it felt like there were scenes that used the stilled screens with dialogue where it feels like they were originally intended to be fully animated.

It's like there's some cut scenes that are pretty mundane or insignificant that are fully animated and yet there's others that are more important to the story that are just stills with dialogue.

goldenpp72

One thing I found kind of odd with Bayonetta 2 was how it managed it's cut scenes. It's hard to explain but it felt like there were scenes that used the stilled screens with dialogue where it feels like they were originally intended to be fully animated.

It's like there's some cut scenes that are pretty mundane or insignificant that are fully animated and yet there's others that are more important to the story that are just stills with dialogue.

While I'm not sure what examples you have in mind, more elaborate and flashy scenes are harder to animate then more stiff dull scenes. I imagine it's all down to budget either way, I'm sure they would rather animate everything.

NoKisum

Does this game have a theater mode? My copy finally came in today, but work has been picking up, so I'll likely have to play the games on my daily commute.

Aptos

Anyone got any tips for getting higher scores in combat? I've been getting mostly gold ratings on my verses, I'm using the default gun hands and feet and using dodge offsetting to keep combos going, but when I went online and tried the co-op I got paired with someone that was scoring like 5x my scores. I don't understand...

DonF

I liked both games, but was a little bit disappointed with bayo 2. I loved bayo 1 but 2 felt shorter, with less weapons, less secrets...and I don't thinks its "streamlined", I feel that it's just less.

DonF

I was replaying Bayo 2 and was looking for info online about unlockables that I missed and what not, when I realized that people referred to the dificulty levels in Bayo 2 as climax, 2nd climax, max climax. My game has the difficulty setting as easy, normal and hard.
so...wtf? I have the US version. i'm confused.

NovumAngel

Banned
I was replaying Bayo 2 and was looking for info online about unlockables that I missed and what not, when I realized that people referred to the dificulty levels in Bayo 2 as climax, 2nd climax, max climax. My game has the difficulty setting as easy, normal and hard.
You unlock Climax mode when you beat either game on Hard difficulty, beat that to get 2nd climax and so on until you get to non-stop climax difficulty http://bayonetta.wikia.com/wiki/∞_Climax

DonF

You unlock Climax mode when you beat either game on Hard difficulty, beat that to get 2nd climax and so on until you get to non-stop climax difficulty http://bayonetta.wikia.com/wiki/∞_Climax
Oh no, I mean this:

The difficulties are 1st, 2nd and 3rd climax. My game has easy normal and hard.
P4zwGDU.jpg
Like this

NovumAngel

Banned
Oh no, I mean this:

The difficulties are 1st, 2nd and 3rd climax. My game has easy normal and hard.
P4zwGDU.jpg
Like this

Oh right, sorry about that, I've never seen that before actually.
I have the European version and it's the same as yours.

DonF

Oh right, sorry about that, I've never seen that before actually.
I have the European version and it's the same as yours.
I'm confused since I own the US version. Did nintendo changed it in the switch release ? I've not heard anything about it.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Censoring the word climax now? ...

Censoring the word climax now? ...
Very hard difficulty is still called Infinite Climax. I assume it was done since in the original game it was just called very easy/easy/normal with hard and infinite climax being unlocked, while in 2 they removed very easy and hard is available by default (as it no longer remixes enemies like in the first game, it only remixes on climax now). I remember seeing a few posts of people getting confused when selecting difficulty for the first time on the Wii U version when t first released, so I assume they changed it to make it consistent between both games.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
i've finally played through Bayonetta. wow. just an amazing game. once combat started really making sense, it was a blast to play through. i loved the designs of the angels and all the weird outer spacey stuff. by the end of the game i realized all the additional costumes were there, so i am almost tempted to play through it again as Peach or whoever. i beat it on normal, so hard is unlocked, i might have to give it a shot...

meanwhile i started Bayonetta 2, and while the gameplay is still tight, im not as big a fan of the story. the kid is not terribly interesting and it feels like they cut back on both the religious themes and Bayo's sexuality, but i'm only on Chapter 4 at the moment. still looking forward to seeing where the level design takes me...

Top Bottom