• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 6 Could Be Set During World War 3

TheMan

I can dig it. A major issue with BF1 and V to me was that by necessity you were missing some vehicles. I love it in BF4 when 5 dudes get in the same helicopter and get dropped off at a flag in the middle of a firefight. SOme maps like operation firestorm and gulf of oman offer a perfect balance of vehicle to on foot combat that is not possible when half the shit hasn't been invented yet.

Sybrix

I hope its as realistic as BFV

Screen_Shot_2018_05_25_at_2.38.42_PM.0.png

Last edited:

Rhazkul

what’s up with women on the battlefield?

"What if my daughter wanted to play BFV and realizes there's no women in the game? I don't want to make her feel bad, she should have the option to play as a female soldier."
Paraphrasing, but that is the alleged reason why DICE decided to have female soldiers in BFV (the quote is from the CEO of DICE, who is now resigned iirc).
And then they called all players who criticized it "angry incels"...like always. "If you don't like it, don't buy it."

The whole PR of BFV was a total trainwreck. Insulting their core audience and hardcore fans like me. It totally ruins the immersion when you constantly hear banshee screams in a WW2 game...

Last edited:

Yuri Normus

Banned
Keep bullet deviation out
Leave no auto regen to HC
Below Radar
4 man squads
Lessen suppression
Make auto lock AA weapons weak, or require setup with Soflam like BF3.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
NATO vs Russia? How the hell is Russia going to win against NATO? The military budget of the USA alone is 11X of Russia.

Liljagare

Just gief a successor to Battlefield 2142 allready, that was good.. Another 'Nam era one with the good music would be nice.

Otherwise go back to 2, to see what has gone wrong since then...

Last edited:

UnNamed

Banned
BF4 was easily the greatest BF game on current gen consoles (PS4/Xbox One). To hell with the world war nonsense that were BF1 and 5. Please return to present day period if not just remaster BF3+4 for next gen consoles!

Last edited:

paypay88

Banned
how could reastilcally Russia stands against NATO. Russia doesn't have any tech beside cold war era. Not even joking also with nukes in place i don't know how to interpret this setting but will see i guess.

polka22

nato vs russia, cod cold war vs russia, this whole russia as the enemy shit is getting old quickly. world war 3 would absolutely be us vs china but that will never fly, ccp owns activision
I got that wrong. It is EA that publishes Battlefield. However, it appears the CCP does own the video game industry, including Activision and EA.

Thavash

Everyone is scared of Islam and China. No one is scared of Russia. Hence why no one talks short about China and Islam and all the shit about white men and Russia.
India is the one country that isn't - they had a proper conflict with China this year

manzo

Remember that the people who made Bad Company 2 and BF3 have long left DICE. And it shows.

Just make BFBC2 playable on new consoles in native modes in 4k 120fps and call it a day. Do not remaster it as current DICE would just fuck it up.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Middle East again, can be a regional conflict between Iran and * that pulls other players in.
North/South Korea, same deal.
India, China, Pakistan, same deal.
China, Taiwan, same deal.
Antifa vs. Proud Boys DLC.

Plenty of regional stuff that can blow up into a world war if they want to go with a relatively modern setting.

Russia on the other hand is a bad choice, unless you're making a Hitman game.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I can't believe WW3 hasn't been done yet, WW2 has more games than Vietnam, Modern and future combined.

Riven326

Banned
Well what would you want
Many things. A sequel to 2142 would be nice. A sequel to 1943 would be nice. A sequel to Vietnam would be nice. A sequel to Bad Company 2 would be really nice.

Many opportunities to do something cool with the BF franchise. The problem is, none of these will be considered. You won't find a battlefield game ever again that has China as an enemy. The fact that they're going back to the USA versus Russia bullshit is proof that the studio is creatively bankrupt and doesn't know what the fuck to do.

Personally, I would do a sequel to 2142. That's what people have wanted for a long time, myself included. But if the modern setting is a must, I would go with 1991 Gulf War. Factions would be USA, Great Britain, and Iraq, to start. They could add Iran as a faction via DLC, and maybe even Israel.

I just want something that isn't the same old shit. USA versus Russia is about as exciting as watching paint dry. Just awful. Fucking pathetic if that's what they're going with for BF6. It proves they learned nothing from BFV. All people wanted from that game was a true sequel to 1942, and they couldn't even deliver that. Just fucking sad all around.

Last edited:

manfestival

I will probably be a sucker and buy this anyways. I have played and loved CODMW than I have all of the battlefield games recently up to BFBC2 combined. Yet I bought them all and played each a bit.

My concern right now is that DICE was very resistant to it's fanbase in BF5. Even to a point where they seemed like they heard but then they took an uncaring approach. The TTK among many other things still has me a bit salty. This game at launch had in my opinion the best gunplay for a battlefield game. While the gunplay mostly feels the same. The TTK ruined the experience. To the point where I feel more satisfied with the combat in BF1 now. They took so many steps forward as far as content goes. The amount of things you can get for FREE in the game and the sheer support was fantastic(same with Battlefront 2). I never cared about their SJW nonsense or their awful PR. I can't count how many times I would say I am playing BF5 and people would start complaining about the revisionist history and etc. I just wanted a good game. I love that they added metro. The Pacific theater was awesome but marred by their final change to TTK where they ultimately nerfed long distance shooting for anything outside of rifles.

Also side note: War Stories were fantastic in BF1. They were meh in BF5.

Kholinar

Banned
Interesting to see dice making a game about 2021.

Sadly, given on their racist scale from 0 to blame all white men, I can't wait to see how they will portrait white men as villains this time around.

Would be a nice break from all the middle eastern warlords that serve as the brunt of most CoD antagonists. Overdone and overused.

ne1butu

Please don’t fuck this up. I need a proper multiplayer shooter that isn’t a ducking battle royale or cod

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
NATO vs Russia?

Yeah thats not going to happen.

I await this post aging really badly though.
I know most companies are scared to be against the PRC but thats the most logical "bad guy" if we are doing large scale wars right now.

Cyborg

I prefer modern but not to modern,, Im afraid they will overuse the available tech. I think ealy 90s or around 2000 would be great. And to troll people just trow some horses in it

Top Bottom