• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Royale Scavengers Is Shutting Down

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Scavengers officially launched in early access on May 1, 2021, via Steam. Midwinter had ambitious plans for the game, like adding and expanding progression systems and eventually bringing the PC-exclusive early access release to consoles. A year of support followed, with Midwinter dropping routine hotfixes, updates, and improvements to Scavengers. In May earlier this year, Improbable sold Midwinter, and communication channels from Improbable Worlds went silent as the company refocused on the "metaverse." It was at that point that Scavengers fans feared the worst.

Improbable Worlds confirmed Friday that Scavengers would be ending its service on December 16, 2022. The letter from Improbable Worlds shared on the official Scavengers website first apologized for the extended lack of communication from the team. It then stated quite directly that Scavengers would be shut down. The decision to end Scavengers came as Improbable Worlds saw a "decline in the playerbase" over the past few months and realized that the game was no longer sustainable.

scavengers-servers-shutting-down-letter.jpg

clarky

Gold Member
This the dude from 343i who fucked up Halo 5? Hopefully he doesn't go crawling back to them.

ksdixon

Dammit. I wanted to get around to this at some point. I like the idea of pvp with infected running amuck faffing things up for both sides

nikos

Shame. I played this game really early on and it was fun. Always meant to give it another try but kept forgetting.

never heard of it.

my money is on that Vampire battle royal game on PS5, shutting down next. That game gave me big Hyperscape vibes and seemed like it wasn't long for this world 2 months ago. I can't imagine how much worse its gotten now

Last edited:
I think I tried this out and it was ok.

Nothing special, but just ok...which is probably why it hasn't been able to sustain a commited playerbase.

Last edited:
never heard of it.

my money is on that Vampire battle royal game on PS5, shutting down next. That game gave me big Hyperscape vibes and seemed like it wasn't long for this world 2 months ago. I can't imagine how much worse its gotten now
I imagine you’re probably right. Tried this just out of curiosity a few weeks ago and I was waiting in a lobby with one other person for around 15 minutes. Immediately uninstalled.

VN1X

Banned
never heard of it.

Game has a dwindling population for sure but it's still in active development and I've put in about 120 hours so far. They've even added bots (which is impressive for *that* type of movement based shooter) so it will have some life left regardless.

Scavengers I've played for about 20 hours but I actually removed it from my Steam account as I saw the writing on the wall from a mile away after the initial 'full launch' and it being infested with hackers and all sorts of other issues. A neat concept but ultimately suffered in its execution.

Spyxos

I played it with a few friends. One seemed to like it very much, the rest of us not su much, but he also said several times that he has problems finding people with whom he can play it.

Top Bottom