• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean remake in development by Monolith

On a serious note, they're not going to be able to make something as beautiful as those pre-rendered backgrounds
They're gonna make it "anime" to simplify the visuals.

tumblr_owffx8J2Vy1tln6w5o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_othw1w5mwL1tln6w5o7_r2_540.gif

tumblr_otv0c7Iklz1tln6w5o5_r2_540.gif
It was so besutiful!!!

alf717

Seems like the part about Monolith being involved, at least in any meaningful capacity, may be bs. Maybe they will be for a new game?They developed the series, after all.
Who knows there was this artwork from Monolith a while back.

21AnJZf.jpg

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'll get this one if it has Japanese VA, can't see anime in english... BTW, as it seems Bandai Namco is releasing it... any chances of it coming to PC?

Nice, now work on something people care about like Xenosaga.....
I liked Xenosaga, but that series was all over the place.

3 vastly graphic styles in one generation, and had it continued I had a feeling it would turn into Kingdom Hearts level of cringe. (or Star Ocean)

I don't see how to salvage it without spending big bucks, apart from direct port and call it a day.

Trunx81

Day one. Loved the battle system and the music. Bummer with the English dub, though. Although it was worse then the FFX laugh, it still gave the game some kind of Charme.

NanaMiku

I liked Xenosaga, but that series was all over the place.

3 vastly graphic styles in one generation, and had it continued I had a feeling it would turn into Kingdom Hearts level of cringe. (or Star Ocean)

I don't see how to salvage it without spending big bucks, apart from direct port and call it a day.
They need to remake fully for Xenogears and Xenosaga. Both have troubled development.

Croga

Wow this was a nice surprise! Still have my GameCube copies, and replayed the first one last year on the Steam Deck emulated.

Losing the English dub is a shame, but for anyone who hasn't played the series, having them available again in any form is fantastic, they are great games!

In the trailer, the remake looks well done. It might be a good surprise.
The backgrounds don't seem HD (they were drawn in HD, so that's a let down) but at least they are properly 16:9. Seeing the games were 4:3 originally, I was afraid they would just zoom/crop it.

I checked a few scenes and can confirm that's not the case, phew.

wipeout364

Seems like a really weird choice to remake. Niche game in a niche genre. I never played it but I remember it coming out. I guess it makes sense if they just do a quick port and clean it up a bit. Maybe this means xenosaga trilogy remake is a possibility.

Pejo

Seems like a really weird choice to remake. Niche game in a niche genre. I never played it but I remember it coming out. I guess it makes sense if they just do a quick port and clean it up a bit. Maybe this means xenosaga trilogy remake is a possibility.
Could be copywrite related too. Like they needed to do something with the IP to keep ownership, etc.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
had the gamecube version lent it to a classmate who never returned it. beat it though, might consider repurchasing this classic

So, nobody is talking about this!

There's a website up now:

-> https://en.bandainamcoent.eu/baten-kaitos/baten-kaitos-i-ii-hd-remaster

It'll be the first time Baten Kaitos Origins is available in Europe/PAL regions.

Some images of the remaster from the website too:

A-BARBIE_KF1.png

A-BARBIE_KF2.png

Both shots are from Origins, Namco seems to know this is a gem.
Both games are gems. Absolutely in love with both.

Unfortunately, I don’t see them making a 3rd.

I also wish the marketers could communicate to people that the games revolving around “cards” is misleading; it’s basically just attacks with pictures and some very mild RNG

Top Bottom