• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Base Level things Sony needs to do to have success in Cloud Gaming

• Make sure Cloud Streaming is available on as many devices and platforms as possible
  • They should enable a PS Cloud app on any TV brand that will have them (at least Sony TVs) and on Apple TV, iOS, Android, Mac, and PC
  • They should include PS4 support with Dual Sense support. That shouldn't be a difficult firmware update
  • They should release a WiFi-enabled Dual Sense and Dual Sense Edge to reduce latency
    • Should be the new default controller that comes with PS5s, with the option to turn wifi off by default
  • They should put out a PS Cloud Dongle that works with PS Link for audio. Package and sell the Dongle with a WiFi Enabled Dual Sense for 100 dollars
    • Should come with one month free PS+ Premium
  • They should bundle Crunchyroll with PS+ Premium
  • They should find telecom partners around the world to bundle PS+ Premium as part of phone plans
  • Obviously, they'll need to build sufficient servers around the world to properly address regional connections and reduce latency

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
The two biggest hurdles for Sony are
1) infrastructure, and
2) their hardware business is still huge

Dorfdad

Gold Member
They are already the number one cloud gaming service and it’s not even close. They just need to roll this new service out to pc / mobile IMHO.

Can't Sony try to be successful with the Cloud at the enterprise level as well?

"develop your video game
for PS and PC with the Playstation Cloud" if Sony's technology is good enough this should be possible, right? Beneficial for indie teams because it could reduce the cost of entry for video game development

Maybe these are just my crazy ideas, although I think they already do something similar with AI training.

Can't Sony try to be successful with the Cloud at the enterprise level as well?

"develop your video game
for PS and PC with the Playstation Cloud" if Sony's technology is good enough this should be possible, right? Beneficial for indie teams because it could reduce the cost of entry for video game development

Maybe these are just my crazy ideas, although I think they already do something similar with AI training.

This is a significant reason why they bought Haven. They've got some sort of cloud tools and development environment going on that surprised Sony.

Top Bottom