• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Back in the Xbox family, with a few doubts

SGRU

Tired of waiting for a PS5, I bought a Series X for that new generation hype. I'm loving it, by the way, but there are a few things that are bugging me.

- How can I change my Xbox 360 avatar? Every time I open a 360 game I suffer seeing that old avatar I designed more than a decade ago.
- How can I manage my save games? I know I can delete the files from that option were you can uninstall games, but I'd like to have a list of all the files I have in the cloud, the same as I had in the PS4.

So, can you help me? These two things are triggering my OCD really bad.

Apart from that, I'm loving the Xbox. I really miss some Sony exclusives, buy I'm having a lot of fun.

Thanks!

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

You miss some sony exclusives.. you buy an xbox... zero common sense. All this because you can't wait.

If you are going to end up buying them both. then the xbox is a great choice. if anything, I would buy the xbox before the PS5 if i Didnt have a powerful pc with 6900xt in it water cooled from Asus.

Sony is just pissing me off to no end recently.

IF you are a 1 console guy and you love Sony exclusives but bought MS system then wtf are you doing lol.

Sadly I do not know how to answer your questions ( sorry ). but maybe youtube or google search can help ?

Edit. a quick search.

your first question

Your second question ( not sure if this helps )

"You can manage your data for individual games through My games & apps on your Home screen. Here's how: On Home, select My games & apps. Highlight the game, press the Menu  button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons."

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

Tired of waiting for a PS5, I bought a Series X for that new generation hype. I'm loving it, by the way, but there are a few things that are bugging me.

- How can I change my Xbox 360 avatar? Every time I open a 360 game I suffer seeing that old avatar I designed more than a decade ago.
- How can I manage my save games? I know I can delete the files from that option were you can uninstall games, but I'd like to have a list of all the files I have in the cloud, the same as I had in the PS4.

Apart from that, I'm loving the Xbox. I really miss some Sony exclusives, buy I'm having a lot of fun.

Thanks!
Congrats!

Sorry, I can't help. I always go deep in the options.

Bergoglio

It is likely that PS5 at the end of the generation will be the console of the sequels, if these are not your taste, then probably Xbox will give you more satisfaction.

The perspective of a diversified lineup of titles is potentially higher on xbox this generation.

Last edited:

SGRU

your first question

That's the instructions for doing it with a Xbox 360.

Your second question ( not sure if this helps )

"You can manage your data for individual games through My games & apps on your Home screen. Here's how: On Home, select My games & apps. Highlight the game, press the Menu  button on your controller, then select Manage game & add-ons."

I knew about that option, but what I want is a list of all the files I have in the cloud.

SGRU

Found it:

You have to choose one of the default avatars, but that's better than nothing.

Now, for the save files.

Fredrik

It is likely that PS5 at the end of the generation will be the console of the sequels, if these are not your taste, then probably Xbox will give you more satisfaction.

The perspective on a diversified lineup of titles is potentially higher on xbox this generation.
Yeah that’s how I feel as well. I’ll definitely buy a PS5 to play Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, God of War Ragnarök, hopefully a new Uncharted (big AAAA exclusives).
And I have a Xbox Series X to get multiplats and MS 1st party variety without spending a ton of money (Gamepass).

Zeroing

Banned
My comment is more useful, it serves to endorse his purchase. On avatar change ... it takes 30 seconds.
Ohhh well I was ready to help the OP but I saw everyone trying to endorse his purchase and got side tracked.

anyway I need coffee!

PS. Enjoy your purchase OP

Calverz

Congrats OP. I have a ps5 but i want a series x too. The 360 avatar thing is a bit hit and miss if im honest. When im on my 360 i have a cool quake avatar. But when i play a bc game on my series s, it reverts to a basic 360 avatar. I dont know if you can line them up.
As for the cloud saves, i know you could do this on the 360 im sure. Years ago i started to systematically put all my 360 saves into the cloud and vaguley remember a bar showing space availability etc. Havent check on the x1 onwards as it sort of just works?
Btw if you had a ps4, ur not missing out too much with ps5.

Last edited:
If you've played a game, the save will upload to the cloud, all automatic with no storage limit.

There used to be a classic avatar editor in the store, not sure if there still is.

Thirst for PS5 is so great people settle on Xbox, not the first time I hear this.

Not a bad time to dip your toes on Xbox if you missed the last gen, theres only few decent exclusives in GP for 1$. You can burn through them in couple of months easy.

Hopefully then you can find a PS5.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
it's such a shame there are no ps5s about, i have given up on owning one for at least another year or so.

My ps4 pros, hard drive recently died and i replaced it with an ssd, what a fantastic little change it was, can't believe i did not do it sooner, its so snappy now.
If a ps5 had been available i would of gone that route, it's so annoying.

As for your xbox, enjoy your purchase, hope you get a ps5, not to long down the road. :messenger_grinning:

SpokkX

Thanks!
Regarding save you dont need to care

every saved is backup to cloud for free. Log on to a different system it will automatically just get from cloud if newer

a flawless system if i ever saw one imo

To change your Xbox 360 avatar on Xbox consoles you need to download Xbox Original Avatar app

To change your next gen avatar on Xbox consoles you need to download Xbox Avatar Editor app

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
i think you did right, the x series this gen is a sensible choice ..moving forward, using the hardware most likely games will run better on the X (given the specs) And given the number of First party teams, there's no need to worry about games either. Don't underestimate that you can always play them for 9.99 €. th

Last edited:

RGB'D

Saves are no problem with Xbox. It just works. Sometimes you need to force quit the game if you sre having trouble pushing to the cloud but literally Xbox cloud saves work flawlessly. Yesterday I was playing Forza on my computer and went downstairs to my series x and resumed exactly where I was. Compared that to getting my ghost of tsushima saves to communicate between a ps4 pro and a ps5... playstations solution is such a pain in the ass and completely garbage to lock it behind a paywall.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Hopefully the avatar issue isn't the deciding factor of console purchaes.

The 360 avatars will never fill the X One and beyond profile pics. Yiu can select a new profile avatar from over 100+ options.

splattered

So the Xbox fans in the page say "great purchase, have fun, this is how you do what you requested"

Most of the Sony fans are kind of crapping on you deciding to buy an Xbox because you weren't willing to wait another year to easily find a PS5.

This thread is very telling.

ENJOY YOUR XBOX! HAVE FUN! HOPEFULLY THE NICE MEMBERS OF THE FORUM HELPED YOU WITH YOUR AVATAR AND SAVES!

AnotherOne

UocDoBg.gif

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
OP forgot he already astroturfed.

He doesn’t state once in this thread that he bought one yesterday, all he states is issues he’s now discovered after ample time he needs help with.

Luckily unlike PlayStation the saves are just there; anywhere and everywhere.

But you got em for sure, hopefully next positive xbox over PlayStation thread if you search the next OPs history you’ll be able to debunk everything yet again. Master stroke.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Ten_Fold

The perspective of a diversified lineup of titles is potentially higher on xbox this generation.
Strongly agree you probably won’t see much of any new games as they said. They wanna make games too big to fail. It’s gonna be like how the 360 had a nice size Japanese exclusive selection along with other games that might prove risky. Sony will probably be just spider man, god of war, last of us, and horizon. Games they can make movies and tv shows from. Sony probably isn’t gonna have no variety this gen.

demigod

He doesn’t state once in this thread that he bought one yesterday, all he states is issues he’s now discovered after ample time he needs help with.

Luckily unlike PlayStation the saves are just there; anywhere and everywhere.

But you got em for sure, hopefully next positive xbox over PlayStation thread if you search the next OPs history you’ll be able to debunk everything yet again. Master stroke.
Learn to read the title and OP. There's already an xbox thread where he can asks those questions.

saintjules

4 months without a solution lol.

I have both consoles. You aren’t missing much not having a PS5. I’ve been using mine to finish my PS4 backlog. But then again, it’s the same deal with the XSX. Doesn’t make them bad consoles or anything just not much to play at the moment so not having one isn’t a killer.

Fredrik

I have both consoles. You aren’t missing much not having a PS5. I’ve been using mine to finish my PS4 backlog. But then again, it’s the same deal with the XSX. Doesn’t make them bad consoles or anything just not much to play at the moment so not having one isn’t a killer.
I think most people can agree on this. I mean I’m glad I got a XSX fast enough to install retail Retroarch and Medium and Gears 5 Hivebusters was nice, but honestly the consoles could’ve easily launched this year instead. Haven’t ever experienced a launch window this bad before.

SGRU

4 months without a solution lol.

I've been in NeoGAF for a few years now and I've seen so many stupid things. This has to be in TOP 3.

I moved from Xbox 360 to PS3 so many years ago and been on Sony team since then. It's almost imposible to get a PS5 so I decided to buy a Series X like maybe four months ago. Does anyone need a proof of that?

I did it because A) I wanted a new generation console and B) I knew sooner or later Xbox would have an exclusive I'd like to play (Fallout mostly).

I still want a PS5 for the exclusives and I will get one as soon as I can, I'm just saying I'm enjoying the Xbox, not that it's better than PS5 or anything. Some of you guys needs to stop worrying for stupid things like console wars, seriously. And I must say I really envy you for having so much spare time to check other people post history. What if you use it for playing some games?

And thanks to all of you that helped with my questions.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I've been in NeoGAF for a few years now and I've seen so many stupid things. This has to be in TOP 3.

I moved from Xbox 360 to PS3 so many years ago and been on Sony team since then. It's almost imposible to get a PS5 so I decided to buy a Series X like maybe four months ago. Does anyone need a proof of that?

I did it because A) I wanted a new generation console and B) I knew sooner or later Xbox would have an exclusive I'd like to play (Fallout mostly).

I still want a PS5 for the exclusives and I will get one as soon as I can, I'm just saying I'm enjoying the Xbox, not that it's better than PS5 or anything. Some of you guys needs to stop worrying for stupid things like console wars, seriously. And I must say I really envy you for having so much spare time to check other people post history. What if you use it for playing some games?

And thanks to all of you that helped with my questions.

Chill, mate. No biggy and hope you enjoy your gaming to the fullest ;) Hope this cheers you up.

SGRU

Have fun with the system! Definitely check out some of the awesome older games stretching back to the O.G. Xbox.

That's the reason why I noticed the 360 avatar problem, I bought a bunch of 360 games, amazing how Red Dead Redemption looks!

That's the reason why I noticed the 360 avatar problem, I bought a bunch of 360 games, amazing how Red Dead Redemption looks!
Red Dead Redemption looks stunning running on the One X(which I assumer is as good or better on the SX). I was stunned when I popped that back on after it was supported, that resolution boost and stable framerate really made it shine. I kept my 360 around almost exclusively as a RDR-Box well after the One/PS4 had launched and was happy when I could retire it to let it earn it's well deserved rest.

Dr Kaneda

6 months into a generation and we are already making definitive predictions about how the entire generation will look ~7 years from now. As I said in another post, 6 months into last gen we had no idea the following new IPs were going to be released for PS4:

Bloodborne
Death Stranding
Days Gone
Ghost of Tsushima
Spider-Man
Until Dawn
The Last Guardian

Beyond that we already know that at least 3 major Sony studios in Bend, Santa Monica Studios, ND are all working on new IPs. Again and this is only 6 months into this new gen. But yeah the PS5 is just going to be Uncharted, Spider-Man, GOW, TLoU etc.. sequels..............

Also, here are some of the games Xbox has announced for their next gen console:

Halo Infinte
Forza MotorSport
Fable
State of Decay 3
Hellblade 2
Stalker 2
Perfect Dark

Literally all sequels.......:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

SGRU

Red Dead Redemption looks stunning running on the One X(which I assumer is as good or better on the SX). I was stunned when I popped that back on after it was supported, that resolution boost and stable framerate really made it shine. I kept my 360 around almost exclusively as a RDR-Box well after the One/PS4 had launched and was happy when I could retire it to let it earn it's well deserved rest.

I have tried a lot of 360 games now and GTA4 and RDR are seriously amazing on the Series X. New Vegas is also incredible, I think it also has some texture pack.

Last edited:

SGRU

Lmao at the Sony fans in this thread.

"Should have bought a ps5 to play the new movie game where you watch a depressed transgendered giraffe discover the intricacies of black oppression in the antebellum south by fighting zombies with a white bearded guy". GOTY.

TLOU II is my favorite game of all times and one of the main reasons for wanting a PS5.

I can afford both platforms (and the Switch), fortunately.

Top Bottom