• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australia urged to move on from ‘moral panic’ over video games after Disco Elysium banned

FunkMiller

The inadequate few who grasp for power in Australia are usually those who prescribe to US-style evangelical Christianity and are generally cultural contrarians who are on the right-side of the political spectrum and the wrong side of everything else. However, even Australia's right are left of the US Democrats, amusingly.

Yep. Fucking ScoMo and his mob rule the roost these days. Bunch of Bible bashing twat sacks. Mind you, Aussies also elected an atheist in Gillard once, but she was shite for other reasons.

KiNeMz

Banned
Coming from this country it so sad that the bureaucracy has gone so far up its own arse that's it can taste its own arsehole. They fought so hard to create an R18+ classification but now nothing ever fits in it. So fucken stupid. But hey at least our leader can speak and climb stairs.

KiNeMz

Banned
Yep. Fucking ScoMo and his mob rule the roost these days. Bunch of Bible bashing twat sacks. Mind you, Aussies also elected an atheist in Gillard once, but she was shite for other reasons.
We didn't elect her. Wasn't she apart of an overthrow.

Samrf89

I'm not familiar with this whole NPC gimmick of yours. I guess it means you think people aren't really people? How right wing of you lol.

Also, just because you call yourself a moderate doesn't make you one. Moderates don't knee jerk hate CNN.
I'm a moderate. I hate CNN.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have a good friend in Australia and I bought him this game a while back. I’d just send your friends living in Australia a copy. Their laws don’t make any sense.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i think australia is being stupid in general with this shit but they are doing their citizens a good one here by making it hard/impossible to play this game.

Nah NZ is awesome. It's just Aussie life is a bit better. You earn more and things are less expensive. Not a massive difference but yeah it's just better in Aussie.

But yeah you're right NZ is just fucking beautiful man. I'm going down to Queenstown tomorrow for my birthday. Adventure capital of the world. Love that fucking place.

Happy bday man. Have fun today

and the kangaroo gangs

Nah bru, easy. Just punch eem.

Inviusx

Before we had the R18 rating for games in Australia we had to have gore/violence reduced to meet an M15+ rating.

I remember playing Left 4 Dead 2 at launch and there was no blood, no dismemberment and the zombies would despawn as soon as they died.

Such a wild time, thankfully those days are behind us.

Last edited:

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Jack Thompson fucking won. Look at the state of gaming.
Seriously, that is what people don’t get.

“We are the resistance guys”.

No, that was over a decade ago, nowadays video games are a tame medium that only publishes what governments deem suitable.

NinjaBoiX

Last edited:
Top Bottom