• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Audiophile GAF: Best Video Game Soundtrack

intbal

yGf1Rg9.jpg

Oh boy, OP, what have you done....

Sorry, but I love these threads and since OP asked for bangers I'll have to list some more of my favorites which I hope people visiting this thread will enjoy listening to.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Sugaan Essena -The Hu

The Last Of Us Part 2

Ellie: [To JJ] "Your mom is very easy to please.
Dina: "I'm with you, my bar is very low."

Crooked Still - Little Sadie

Cover of the Wicked Game" featuring Annaca used in the Forza Horizon 3 Official E3 Trailer (probably my fav forza trailer ever and it's a bit of cheating I guess since it's not really part of the OST)

Ilan Eshkeri & Shigeru Umebayashi – The Way of the Ghost | Ghost of Tsushima

Killzone 3 Main Menu Theme And Ever We Fight On by Joris De Man (makes me quite sad thinking that we might not get any Killzone games in the future)

And finally I'll have to mention Final Fantasy - Prelude by Nobuo Uematsu because it's a masterpiece and makes me cry like a bitch every time I listen to it.

Oh and I almost forgot, Days Gone had quite some bangers on the OST like this emotional song by Billy Raffoul - Hell or High Water

Guess I'll have to hashtag advert this one for Callisto Protocol since it's such a dope main theme for the game (Kings Elliot - Lost Again)

And I think that's all. Enjoy! :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

YCoCg

The best Monkey Island soundtrack since it was one of the few times the series where LucasArts gave Michael Land a crazy budget and a full orchestra

Gojiira

Pffft Metal Gear Solid 2 and it isn’t even close…BEST main theme ever

The rest of the MGS series as well, especially 4 has some of the best high impact musical scores.
Bloodborne, Doom, DMC, Uncharted, God of War all have amazing soundtracks too.

Killjoy-NL

SotC, best OST hands down.

Swift horse:

Opened Way:

This is probably the best track:

Epilogue:

Last edited:

Yeah, Blood Money - one of the best OSTs imho. Still a bit salty they have let go of Jesper Kyd. He captured it all, his OSTs were amazing. He is up there with Amon Tobin and Eric Brosius for me.

More of Jesper from me:

I'm gonna pitch in my two cents with Eric Brosius.

And of course Amon Tobin

They should rehire Amon for Splinter Cell Remake.

Last edited:

drezz

I didnt even play Lou2; due to golfing conflicts, but!

Also Gow:R has some bangers, and this one is just such a mood.

Ofcourse some Witcher 3.

Some old MW2 songs here and there, but this is my fav.

And then some hype

PanzerCute

Olivier Deriviere is imo one of the most talented and innovative composer of present days. His work on many games is really top notch and he is also one to advocate that video game soundtracks and sound design have to be dynamic and in support of gameplay and the emotions that player will feel.

Here are some examples :

Plague Tale Innocence :

Plague Tale Requiem:

Vampyr :

Streets of Rage 4 :

Greedfall :

Remember Me:

I have many other examples of great OST from other composers that I will post later, but I wanted to highlight this guy.

hinch7

Max Payne 3

Heath - Tears

Hotline Miami 2

Carpenter Brut - Roller Mobster

Last edited:
Top Bottom