• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan: Unbreakable VR - Official Reveal Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The beloved Attack on Titan anime and manga is getting the VR treatment with Attack on Titan: Unbreakable in Summer 2023 on Meta Quest 3. While we didn't get to see any gameplay, it was teased that, "To protect the future of humanity," we must "eliminate the titan threat."

Punished Miku

Gold Member
How could anyone possibly play that for more than 5 seconds before puking like a volcano
There's a sci-fi game with cables that's gotta be similar to this already, on Quest. I could do about 30 min then took a break. It's doable to some extent. Mix in some shooting, some sword moves when on the ground, then some platforming without a ton of speed.

John Bilbo

There's a sci-fi game with cables that's gotta be similar to this already, on Quest. I could do about 30 min then took a break. It's doable to some extent. Mix in some shooting, some sword moves when on the ground, then some platforming without a ton of speed.
Did they use vignetting effect on the edges of the screen during fast movement? That could be used to alleviate the motion sickness.

hlm666

Why do people thing this will cause motion sickness, didn't windlands do the cable flying around thing already and it didn't seem to mess people up?

edit: adding video.

Last edited:

mxbison

They could also do it 3rd person.

AstroBot is one of the best VR games, it doesn't always have to be first person.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Why do people thing this will cause motion sickness, didn't windlands do the cable flying around thing already and it didn't seem to mess people up?

edit: adding video.

There are loads such games and it's a non issue, yes. I mean, your WIndlands 2 is already the 2nd. Only overly sensitive to motion sickness folks or those who haven't touched vr make such comments like it's still 2016 and people are worried about the now standard non teleport locomotion methods.

Grappling hooks, web swinging or whatever similar type thing is actually pretty damn tame locomotion compared to other methods like all the zero gravity, flying, jetpacking, hover skating, or whatever other VR games that are out there, or some that combine much or all of it pretty seamlessly.

There already are Attack on Titan fan game attempts so an official one makes sense too. Hopefully they get it right, the studio has only done small games before like their Little Witch Academia cutesy broom flying racer. Going for the "hunting action" (Monster Hunter) genre is a good indicator.

Anyway, this and other videos debuted in yesterday's UploadVR showcase (the channel has individual videos), Idk why he didn't make one thread for it as most have 0 interest here and just clutter the forum, it's why I only post of VR in the Quest thread. He didn't even post the meatiest (Vertigo 2).​

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I don't understand how anyone could confidently make a trailer to showcase a product using only words and effects. So bizarre to me.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Here’s your look at Attack on Titan VR: Unbreakable, an upcoming VR hunting action game where you join the Scout Regiment, strap into your ODM (omni-directional mobility) gear, and take on killer Titans while protecting your homeland. Attack on Titan VR: Unbreakable features single-player and co-op modes, and more. Attack on Titan VR: Unbreakable is coming this winter to Meta Quest 2 and Meta Quest Pro.

Top Bottom