• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlas Fallen is out today...

M.W.

One reviewer said it took them 16 hours while doing quite a bit of side content. Longer than I thought.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Seriously. I cannot fathom how this gets more praise than forspoken lol.
It seem like cheap and soulless copycat. Forspoken is high budget, has great combat and open world movement.
Music and atmosphere are very unique and put you in the world. It feels magical.
I still think that people disregard Forspoken because they botched the marketing very badly and because the game became a meme before it's release. Just that.
It didn't help that the game was uncooked at release but it wouldn't matter if it was a technical marvel. The game was already destined to be dogpiled on.

I doubt many would have such a big issue with the game if they changed the main protagonist a bit. BUT....
People are very stiff and uptight nowadays. I know 100% I would've joined all of you laughing at the game few years ago and never play it. Even if I would play it, I would hate it because I would be fueled by predefined/popular hate. It is unnatural to go against the group world after all.
But something happened after I got to 30yo(I am 34 now)... lol laugh at me all you want but I started liking more "youthful/energetic" things and themes, like white peripherals(white keyboard and mouse with RGB!!!), some color here and there in clothing, fun characters and so on. I would've never liked final fantasy games before because it's "anime crap" but I embrace the weebness now. It's so good.
Is this just midlife crisis huh ?! (all that said, I am still not saying Forspoken is 9 or 10 !!!! It's just a good game)

ANYWAY FUCK YOU ALL - Me reading good reviews of this while it's just worse version of Forspoken
5ovAkOr.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
Watching Lirik play this right now and it's not looking too good. Very mid with awful armor designs, an awful story and poor voice acting.

Luipadre

Watching Lirik play this right now and it's not looking too good. Very mid with awful armor designs, an awful story and poor voice acting.

Movement looks floaty too and the combat has 0 impact. Overall looks really mediocre

John Bilbo

It seem like cheap and soulless copycat. Forspoken is high budget, has great combat and open world movement.
Music and atmosphere are very unique and put you in the world. It feels magical.
I still think that people disregard Forspoken because they botched the marketing very badly and because the game became a meme before it's release. Just that.
It didn't help that the game was uncooked at release but it wouldn't matter if it was a technical marvel. The game was already destined to be dogpiled on.

I doubt many would have such a big issue with the game if they changed the main protagonist a bit. BUT....
People are very stiff and uptight nowadays. I know 100% I would've joined all of you laughing at the game few years ago and never play it. Even if I would play it, I would hate it because I would be fueled by predefined/popular hate. It is unnatural to go against the group world after all.
But something happened after I got to 30yo(I am 34 now)... lol laugh at me all you want but I started liking more "youthful/energetic" things and themes, like white peripherals(white keyboard and mouse with RGB!!!), some color here and there in clothing, fun characters and so on. I would've never liked final fantasy games before because it's "anime crap" but I embrace the weebness now. It's so good.
Is this just midlife crisis huh ?! (all that said, I am still not saying Forspoken is 9 or 10 !!!! It's just a good game)

ANYWAY FUCK YOU ALL - Me reading good reviews of this while it's just worse version of Forspoken
5ovAkOr.jpg
Isn't Forspoken more of a shooter game and Atlas Fallen melee combat game?

Mossybrew

This is a really unhinged post. I'm glad you can deduce that this game is just a worse version of Forspoken without even playing it.

Anyway looks like this is firmly in "wait for sale" territory.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
This is a really unhinged post. I'm glad you can deduce that this game is just a worse version of Forspoken without even playing it.

Anyway looks like this is firmly in "wait for sale" territory.
The sentence you quoted is sarcasm. As indicated by funny picture from forspoken after it...
I spent good amount of time explaining my feelings and you say it's unhinged

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Isn't Forspoken more of a shooter game and Atlas Fallen melee combat game?
More 3rd person shooter(Mage) with very nice parkour movement.

Lots of people were turned off by cringe dialogue. Story is just ok.

I think Forspoken is a good action game. If you like the combat or want a Neverending Story Isekai game then I think Forspoken is decent. It's a love it or hate it game.

-----------------

Anyway I wouldn't really compare Forspoken to Atlas. Looks and plays different based on what I'm seeing.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Without reviews being giga hype I just don’t see me getting this.

They needed to delay to December or January to get clear of all these monster titles.

My review

Rated it a buy but barely and also based on a slightly reduced price. Moreso, though on a fantastic and just plain fun combat system. However, mid to late game can drag. I dont know how many who are covering it got there or what they experienced but its a bit like a RPG with some grind and due to slightly lower than normal enemy variety it hurt it.

It's initial showing was relatively promising, when I see it in small spurts, it looks AWESOME, but when I see extended footage of it, it kinda loses that luster. Having only a passing interest and too many games that have my attention, I still have to finish Alien: Dark Descent, Remnant II and Baldur's Gate 3 and I really like all of them..... I look forward to trying this in about a year with a buddy over some coop. For like $20 at best.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It seem like cheap and soulless copycat.

How can a game with a 4 year development time really be a copycat when Forspoken only came out seven months ago? The core gameplay and its movement mechanics were designed years ago.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Looks intriguing enough but there's many other bangers that have been released recently that I can't imagine I'll pick it up anytime soon.

VN1X

Banned
Swimming in 7's!

Sounds good for when it eventually goes on sale. Especially as I have yet to play Darksiders 3.

Eiknarf

Banned
...crickets?

If you have an Xbox, it'll be available at 7am EST using the NZ trick. If you're on PC, you can play at 6pm EST later today. I for one think it looks like a fun video gamey video game. I know there's a million games out there and more coming but thought I'd remind people this exists lol

atlas-fallen-pc-release-times.jpg

atlas-fallen-console-release-times.jpg
I have a list of all games that I typed out - each with their release date. And I have this game being released on the 10th. So I guess tomorrow.

Last edited:

Pejo

There was only a couple previews(all the same footage) about 4 months ago. It primarily gives me Darksiders 2 vibes mixed in with Kingdoms of Amalur.

Might be another sleeper hit. Marketing overall seems poor.

I'll probably check it out tomorrow. I did find this though so it might give a good idea on what the game is about.

Looks like a janky budget old-style God of War with RPG elements. I'm not against it, but all of the parts outside of the combat look pretty bad to me.

Zheph

Quite cautious about it might end to be some solid fun
I'm out boys.. It just doesn't land on anything for me alto combat do look pretty decent

This does remind me that we should see the new Monster Hunter sooner than later tho

Isa

I took the plunge as its only 60. I also like that the studio is trying something else after the Soulslike stuff. Personally that's all starting to wear on me. I'm not into the armour/clothing design at all but I'll live, and I usually dig desert settings and bright colorful graphics. I've had some real winners this year a few solid but not exceptional releases I've bought, and I like that its not overly long.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Looks like a janky budget old-style God of War with RPG elements. I'm not against it, but all of the parts outside of the combat look pretty bad to me.
I always feel the same way looking at Kingdoms of Amalur but whenever I start playing KoA I forget all about it and enjoy what I'm playing.

Then again I tend to enjoy AA games more then AAA games anyway.

GymWolf

My review

Rated it a buy but barely and also based on a slightly reduced price. Moreso, though on a fantastic and just plain fun combat system. However, mid to late game can drag. I dont know how many who are covering it got there or what they experienced but its a bit like a RPG with some grind and due to slightly lower than normal enemy variety it hurt it.

Is hard even slightly challenging? or it is a far away from surge saga?

And when you say slightly lower than normal enemy variety do you mean like zelda botw or worse?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Karak

Comparisons with Forspoken thoughts-
Atlas Fallen combat is leagues more enjoyable. For me, it wasn't even on the same scale. Despite it not being perfect. Also while the story and voice weren't great it wasn't GRATING. More like a nature guide and a factual information delivery.

Comparisons with Forspoken thoughts-
Atlas Fallen combat is leagues more enjoyable. For me, it wasn't even on the same scale. Despite it not being perfect. Also while the story and voice weren't great it wasn't GRATING. More like a nature guide and a factual information delivery.
Not even sure why Forspoken would even be a comparison. That game is utter trash to begin with.

Mr Hyde

Very solid review Karak Karak You sold me on it. But I will wait until it gets patched up, that nasty pop in was pretty distracting. Otherwise the game looked great and fun to play.

Del_X

Adding it to my steam wishlist. Might be a good pickup on sale. This at least looks like something made for current-gen regarding scale and detail.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Just like that trash Forspoken, seems like a game you're prolly going to buy when its under 20 and you have nothing else to play. I'll do that.

Top Bottom