• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Nexus VR Leaked

"A beta build of the game leaked a couple of weeks ago.

Arsenal:

Sword, Hidden Blade, Throwing Knife, Smoke Bombs

Combat:

Combat is timing based. You have to wait until your enemy lowers his cover and strike fast.

Mission Design:

Missions are linear, so no open world. The missions areas are fairly big. Backtracking is a thing

Movement:

Parkour works by holding the "A" Button and walking towards climbable probs.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks bad enough to be real, but also easy to fake with some hours in Unity, dude only saved footage of the menu and mission select before losing the game, really? Either way, I wonder if it and Splinter Cell are proper good efforts or will look embarassing next to indie stuff like Stride and Resist.

Last edited:

Wonko_C

HUGE potential here, I hope they can nail it.

Imagine first person parkour, that'd be sick.

Vertical motion in VR is a pretty quick trip to the porcelain throne, and I’ve got very good VR legs.
I'm lucky. Vertical Motion does absolutely nothing to me to the point I sometimes envy those who get vertigo, I want to feel the thrill of the heights but it all just feels the same as playing on a TV to me. Smooth stick rotation though, that can give me nausea after a few minutes if I'm not playing with the AC on and have a fan blowing air to my face.

Thaedolus

Climbing in VR is awesome. The Climb on the Rift is one of the best games.
I’m talking rapid up/down off a ledge or something…think the verticality of Halo Infinite in a headset. Slow climbing where you’re grabbing rungs doesn’t throw me off, quick falls from high ledges do.

I supposed the Assassins Creed parkour can be adapted to it, but in the games I played I remember it being way faster than I’d like in VR

Last edited:

Droxcy

Guy said it was very linear and a cash grab hoping not, but we'll see I'm still interested but Hitman VR sucked.

Last edited:

I mean.. of course they are but that link looks sketchy af

god damn GIF

DavidGzz

I feel like when I do play VR games it's awesome but I don't ever feel like doing it. It's odd. Last time I did was because of the RE4 hype.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A recent Assassin's Creed VR job listing on Hitmarker was spotted by Insider Gaming, suggesting that the virtual reality game is still in the works, despite not being part of Ubisoft's September showcase.

Insider Gaming has supposedly seen footage of the upcoming VR game, stating that it is near completion. The lack of news or updates regarding it was a surprise to insider Tom Henderson who spotted the job listing, as according to his Twitter post, Assassin's Creed VR is the most complete title Ubisoft is currently working on. The job postings state that Ubisoft is looking for a Lead Level Designer and a Senior Technical Artist, implying there is still work to be done on those aspects, or that the game might still be far from finished

Wonko_C

It's been too long since I've been excited about a new AC, (Nothing grabbed me after the second one) but I'm pumped for this.

Top Bottom